Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, August 22, 2013

Spotted: NEW Sally Hansen Limited Edition Fall 2013 Xtreme Wear Collection

First we had the Fall 2013 Insta-Dri Collection. Then we had the Fall 2013 Complete Salon Manicure Collection. Now, we have the Fall 2013 Xtreme Wear Collection with ten new glitters! I think that good ol' Sally has really outdone herself with this one. If you like black & white hex and bar glitter (and based on the feedback I got on this post, I know many of you do) I think you're going to be pretty excited with some of these polishes!

Huge thanks to readers Emily and Cyndiinphilly for the following photos. Emily found these at her local ShopKo,(where they retail for $3.49) and Cyndi found these at her local Wegman's (where they retail for $1.99). So it looks like these are hitting regional retailers first, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time until the larger chains have this display too (I'm betting they'll pop up at Target first, based on previous Xtreme Wear collections).

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Sally Hansen Fall 2013 Limited Edition Xtreme Wear Collection
(retail: $1.99 - $3.49 depending on the retailer)

Here's the display Cyndi spotted Wegman's:

image credit: Cyndiinphilly for Nouveau Cheap

And here are some additional photos from Emily.

Let's start with the left side of the display and go over each shade:

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Strobe Flash, Rosey Shooter

Strobe Flash is variation of the ever-popular black & white matte glitter combo. Rosey Shooter is red metallic hex glitter, white matte hex glitter and white matte bar glitter. I can't remember ever seeing a combo like this at the drugstore before, can you?

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Green Rocket, Glitter Gun 

Green Rocket is like Rosey Shooter but with green metallic glitter instead of red. I love how fine the bar glitter is in these polishes. Glitter Gun is the same type of metallic-and-matte-white combo except look how HUGE those white hex glitters are!

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Frazzle Dazzle, Confetti Punch

Frazzle Dazzle looks like a coppery-orange glitter with matte black bar glitter. Interesting and very Halloween-ish, no? I'll be showing you up close-ups of Confetti Punch a little bit later in this post.

On to the right side of the display:

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Sea-ly String

I intentionally left this photo of Sea-ly String quite large because, at first, I thought this was a basic metallic blue glitter polish. But look! White hex glitter!

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Silver Streamers

Silver Streamers looks to be a black matte & metallic silver hex combo that also contains sliver bar glitter.


image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap 
Confetti Cake, Spark in the Dark

I'll be showing you more photos of Confetti Cake in a minute, but look at Spark in the Dark! Metallic Gold and black matte hex glitters galore. It looks like there might be gold bar glitter in this one too.

Emily was also kind enough to share photos of all the polishes she purchased from this collection:

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Confetti Cake

What a lovely blue, purple, pink and black combo, right?

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Confetti Punch

Confetti Punch looks like it contains magenta, purple, blue, green, pink and gold glitters. Fun!

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Confetti Cake, Confetti Punch

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Glitter Gun vs. Glitter Gun

Here's something very interesting that Emily pointed out. Within the same display, she noticed two different formulas for the shade Glitter Gun. Looking at the photo above, it's clear that the bottle on the right doesn't contain the huge white hex glitter that you see in the bottle on the left. 

Maybe we should nickname the formula on the left "Big Glitter Gun" and the one on right "Small Glitter Gun" for reference. It would be interesting to see which formulas pop up in different locations across the country!

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Glitter Gun, Spark in the Dark

I have to say, I am loving the look of both of these polishes. 

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap
Set the Stage (from the Fall 2011 collection), Glitter Gun, Spark in the Dark

Emily included the above photo to illustrate that Glitter Gun is definitely different than Set the Stage, which was part of the Fall 2011 Xtreme Wear Collection (remember, that was the collection that contained the still-talked-about Pumpkin Spice).

Emily also mentioned that these polishes do not contain a sticker on the top of the lid (the name is printed on the front of the bottle though, just like most Xtreme Wears). I think that Sally skips the lid label when the polish is limited edition, but I could be wrong about that. Also, if you look at the pic above, you'll notice the newer cap color (vs. the more metallic caps from 2011).

Have you spotted the Fall 2013 Xtreme Wear Collection in any of your local drugstores yet? I have to admit, I'm pretty darned excited about this one. Are you?

Thanks so much, Emily, for all of the great photos and info (and for letting us know these have landed at ShopKo). And thanks again to Cyndiiphilly for the photo and for letting us know that these have landed at Wegman's! 
SHARE:

39 comments

  1. There'salso a Sally Hansen "Rent the Runway" Salon Effects display. So far, I've only seen it at Kmart, but it has all new patterns. I didn't have my phone with me or I would've taken pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg really??? Thanks so much for the heads-up, Carol!! Hope I can find those soon! :)

      Delete
  2. OMFG!! Now THAT'S a fall collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! My mouth honestly dropped. Everything is sooo beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. WANT!!! Especially the Confetti Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. Im a glitter girl...so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't seen ANY Sally Hansen new polishes yet. You would think living near a major US city this wouldn't be a problem. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found the Insta-Dry and Xtreme Wear - finally! Still looking for Complete Salon Manicure. Found Xtreme Wear on sale for $1.99 each - very happy!

      Delete
    2. A Mani Maniac: where did you find them?!

      Delete
  7. Omg, I love them all! I had no idea the price point was cheaper at Wegmans. I will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of the ones with white glitter... I just wish they hadn't put bar glitters in them! I'm going to have to see these in person, most bar glitters mainstream makers use are way too long to sit flat on my nails, so I tend to avoid those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Glitter Gun with white glitter. ( I seen both versions on display but thought I was going crazy.) The bar glitter is actually not bad. Shorter than others I have. Very pretty and applies nicely.

      Delete
  9. Wow, these are so pretty!! Many of the glitter combos are very Holiday-ish to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look REALLY nice! I sure hope to find the display. I thought the gunmetal tops were used for LE and the silver tops were for the regular line. Either way, I'll def be on the lookout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is probably the best non-indie fall collection I have seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have failed you! I saw this display at Duane Reade (owned by Walgreens) but thought you had covered it already. I don't know what shades to get :-(

    For any NYers, this is the Duane Reade near Essex & Delancey in Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving the red and the copper. Not a fan of huge hex glitter though, would rather buy polish without it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so excited!!! Xtreme wears are one of my fave drugstore lines!!! All that glitter. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. $1.99 versus $3.49 is a pretty big price difference. I'm surprised retailers are allowed to do that... I'll be waiting for a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ladies and gentlemen, my wallet has left the building.

    These will ALL be mine as soon as they come to Rite Aid, CVS, or Wags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you and me both sister! :) annnd the drugstore stalking begins!

      Delete
  17. I think I may have to own every polish in this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wowow Thanks!!! I need to check these out ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! I am supposed to be on a polish moratorium and this. is. going. to. kill. me....arrgh damn LEs, every time! :) at least they aren't wallet killers if I can stop myself from buying them ALL lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, hex!! I have to get some of these!! And I have some $1 off coupons too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omgahhhh I love glitters. Must get this collection!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are really nice. I'll need six out of the ten thankyouvermuch. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are at my Walgreens in WI today! And $1.99 until tomorrow with the weekly sale.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Spark in the Dark looks like a DL Cleopatra in NY dupe!!!! I NEED!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I cannot find these ANYWHERE near Seattle, WA! I'm dying for "Spark in the Dark" as I'm a HUGE New Orleans Saints fan and must have these for Football season! There aren't any Kmarts or Wegman's in my area- can't find them at Rite Aid or Walgreen's! I did see the CSM Fall display at Walgreen's and bought "Golden Roses" LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know for a fact the Fred Meyers in Tumwater, WA has them and it looked like a fairly new display 2 weeks ago. Still lots left so there might be some at your closer Fred Meyers.

      Delete
  26. I'm in PA and I haven't found these anywhere yet... I MUST have them, though! I've been looking for 3 weeks now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just spotted these today at Walgreens in a display up front. Picked up 6 *blushes* and they seem to be going fast as the rack was already half-empty. I got all the colored ones except for the green, red (too X-massy for me) and the plain b&w and silver and black. Haven't swatched for real yet but they aren't glitter packed but will probably layer nicely. The teal blue and purple ones are especially pretty! 3.19 each there.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Found them at Ulta in the South Bay (L.A.) today! And Rent the Runway Insta-dri as well. $28 and no will power later...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ugh! How did I miss this post?? Just happend upon Strobe Flash over the weekend, now i need the red one and Im sure a few others. So much for not buying any more polish.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just found a bunch of these in a bucket under a pile of halloween costumes at the Lacey, WA Walmart. Plus fuzzy coats and a couple others.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig