Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 12, 2013

Spotted at Big Lots: Maybelline Spring 2013 Limited Edition Color Tattoos for $1 each

Well this is simultaneously exciting and depressing for me personally, considering that I paid full price for six of these earlier this year!

Huge thanks to several readers for this fantastic tip: ALL EIGHT of the Maybelline Spring 2013 Limited Edition Color Tattoos are now surfacing at Big Lots stores across the nation FOR A DOLLAR A PIECE!  Here's a pic from reader Faith, who was the first to bring this to my attention:

image credit: Faith for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Spring 2013 Limited Edition Color Tattoos in Waves of White and Shady Shores
($1 each at Big Lots)

Reader Jessica spotted these at her Big Lots this week as well, and was nice enough to share some pics:

 image credit: Jessica for Nouveau Cheap
Lavish Lavender, Icy Mint, Waves of White

 image credit: Jessica for Nouveau Cheap
Lavish Lavender, Icy Mint, Waves of White

Reader @valentinekissesbeauty on Instagram shared this pic the other day--she found ALL EIGHT shades at her Big Lots, as well as some of the Sephora by OPI polishes I told you about the other day ($1.80 each).

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

There are eight shades in the Maybelline Spring 2013 Limited Edition Color Tattoo Collection:

Lavish Lavender
Icy Mint
Waves of White
Shady Shores
Cool Frost
Seashore Frost
Blue Paradise 
Precious Pearl

For my review and swatches of Lavish Lavender, Icy Mint, Waves of White, Shady Shores, Cool Frost and Seashore Frost, CLICK HERE

To refresh your memory, these are sheer duochromes that look really pretty on their own, but even more beautiful when swatched over a matte black powder eyeshadow. From my original review:

Six of the Spring 2013 Limited Edition Color Tattoos
LEFT: Swatched on bare skin 
RIGHT: Swatched over matte black powder eyeshadow

Again, for my full review of these six shades and to see what these look like on my eyes, click here.

To see swatches of the other two shades in this collection, Blue Paradise and Precious Pearl, and a comparison of PRECIOUS PEARL TO BARELY BRANDED, click here. 

I never did find Precious Pearl back when these first came out, so I'm thrilled to have another chance at it!

Thanks so much, Faith, Jessica, and @valentinekissesbeauty, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. OH YEAH!! if I find seashore frost, I'm going to stock up! It's my favourite of this collection (perfect for all-over-the-lid colour) and I only have one! I use it all the time, and I don't want to risk running out! Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! In one way this makes me sick to think that I paid full price for every shade in this collection! And now they're showing up at Big Lots for a dollar?!? I guess I need to start practicing some restraint and patience with buying makeup. (Oh sure, who am I kidding?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. well this makes me even more bummed that the canadian big lots (liquidation world) is going to be going out of business by spring. i've found a lot of treasures there :c

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple of these from earlier this year and would love to get the others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ::faints:: I've been after seashore frosts forever and ever snd have even pondered buying it on amazon for a ridiculous price! I love you G!! And thx for sharing the love @valentinekissesbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for a Big Lots haul!!! I plan to go on the 16th but knowing my local store I will get shut out. Oh well hope springs eternal!!!! LOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was at my Big Lots today and saw all 8 for $1! Also at the same Big Lots score 4 of the Maybelline Color Whispers in I crave coral, nude shimmer, ravishing pink and sienna sands. Those were all $1.50/each. They also had tons of the Maybelline LE polishes from the spring collection (I think) for $1/each, the LE Colorsensational High Shine Glosses from summer for $1.50 each and tons of products from the Fit Me line for $2/each, Colorshow nail stickers also for $1!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just got back from my Big Lots. They had all eight shades for $1 AND several shades of maybelline Color Whispers for $1.50/ea, Fit Me products (lots) for $2/each, LE summer polish collection for $1/bottle and many of the LE summer colorsensational gloss shades for $1.50/each. The lady at my Big Lots said all those just went out today in my area so check your big lots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i bought several of these after reading G's rave review earlier this year, but i found them pretty unwearable for my features so i had to return them all. i'm very fair with strong yellow undertones (asian) and cool-toned dark hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hit the south side Oklahoma City store and got the last 4 they had. They were Shady Shores, Icy Mint, Waves of White AND Precious Pearl! *does happy dance* I think they will make awesome bases.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't find either these or full-size Sephora polishes at the La Mesa big lots yesterday. Maybe somewhere else in San Diego? I did get the Sephora Tinseltown set for $12 which made up for it though :D
    -CrissyPo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Has anyone spotted these in any of the New York area stores?? Please help, I'm on the hunt for these and can't seem to find them yet. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I checked my big lots and they didn't have it!!!! I'm so bummed because my waves of white shore dried out (I didn't close it tight enough). I was hoping mine would have it but they don't so they fail >=|

    ReplyDelete
  14. These FINALLY made it to my Lacey, WA Big Lots!~ I got all of them except the Precious Pearl which I'm definitely on the lookout for. Although, one is called " 35 Cool Crush"?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig