Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 18, 2013

Coming to a Rite Aid near you: L.A. Girl Color Pop Collection

VERY exciting news to share with my fellow Rite Aid shoppers today!

As I reported back in June, Scherer, the brand that makes CQ, Color Fever, Petites and Chameleon nail polishes, has sadly gone out of business. I've been wondering what might take the place of those polishes in the permanent wall display at Rite Aid, and now we can put an end to the wondering!

Reader KD was the first to report that the new L.A. Girl Color Pop polishes took the place of the Scherer polishes at her Rite Aid, and I'm very happy to confirm that this is going to happen at ALL Rite Aid stores within the next few weeks (your Rite Aid may have already made the change).

Huge thanks to T. over at Lacq Lustre for the following pics. T. found the Color Pop polishes at her Rite Aid this week. Take a look and keep reading for links to some gorgeous swatches of some of these shades. (Spoiler alert: There are jellies and crellies in this collection!)

And if there's any question, let me confirm that these are PERMANENT. not limited edition (I was told this by three separate Rite Aid employees this week).


image credit: T. for Nouveau Cheap
NEW L.A. Girl Color Pop Collection at Rite Aid
(retail: $2.99 each or 2/$5)

There are seven rows of gorgeousness here...keep reading for a closer look!

image credit: T. for Nouveau Cheap

The stand-out shade, in my opinion, in the rows above is Birthday Cake. Take a look at @brackett0701's swatches here. It looks like a cooler-toned, less-jellied version of Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop, which you know I've been quite obsessed with for some time now (I won't rehash my past posts about Candy Shop dupes, but yeah...).

Also, check out @brackett0701's Instagram feed here for even more Color Pop swatches (seven, to be exact).

 image credit: T. for Nouveau Cheap

As you can see, there's a nice variety of finishes here, but most exciting is the abundance of jellies and jelly-cremes (aka "crellies").

Take a look at @breezythenailpolishlover's Instagram feed here to see swatches of fifteen of these shades (that purple crellie WILL be mine...and the gray one too).



image credit: T. for Nouveau Cheap

For those of you who don't live near a Rite Aid, you can also get these at Cherry Culture but they're $4 a piece there (they're $5 each if you order directly from the L.A. Girl site, so at least you're still saving a buck!). By the way, the Color Pops are broken up into different categories on the Cherry Culture website, but they're all there.

And in case you don't follow me on social media, Cherry Culture just started their China Glaze sale (now through the 10/23, receive 30% off all China Glaze products with code CG30).

Oh! One more thing: In addition to sharing these Color Pop pics with us, T. from Lacq Lustre also swatched several of the new Sinful Colors Crystal Crushes over on her blog (both with and without top coat). Take a look at her swatches right here (so pretty!).

Have you spotted the new L.A. Girl Color Pop polishes at your Rite Aid yet? Are you as excited as I am about this news?

Thanks again, T., for the great pics!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. How can we tell which ones are jellies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tilt the polish bottle on its side. If you can see the steel mixing balls, that means the polish is a jelly, if you can't, it's a cream.

      Delete
  2. I saw this display at one of my local Rite Aid's. Wow something my city has that I don't have to hunt down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm amazed that one of my local Rite Aid's has something newly released without it being weeks old and me having to hunt it down. I saw this display the other day. Now to decide which ones to buy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yesssss!!!!! I love that diamond top coat :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. woot! They look great, excited to find this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these (most of them, anyway) in the RA near me that recently put in the Nail Bar. I was strong and left them there--for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you SURE Scherer is out of business? The Rite Aid across the street from me has CQ and Petites polishes just sitting on a shelf with the other makeup, not marked for clearance or anything. Just... Sitting there, looking sad. I hope these LA Girl polishes come to that RA, since it's a short walk there though. Birthday Cake looks so cute in the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, yes. Click the link in this post for proof. I've posted about this at length and I would never make a statement like this without verifying first.

      Delete
    2. My Rite Aid put all their Petite and CQ polishes on clearance today.

      Delete
  8. Unfortunately, the displays I've seen at Rite Aids near me are just a fraction of the size of this -- only 2 or 3 rows, without all the cool glitters. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought as couple of these last week, and I was impressed at how good the formula was. But my biggest surprise came when I swatched 'Lovely' last night. It looked a lot like the base color in the ever-so-coveted Enchanted Polish -I'm Kind of a Big Deal. I added a light layer of holo topcoat, and BAM! Perfect dupe! :) I was ecstatic!
    I'm fortunate enough to own I'm Kind of a Big Deal. But a lot of people lust after that polish. And not only is it damn near impossible to find, but if you do find it, it will cost you (I've seen it go for $85!). So I'm super excited to tell everyone that this polish now has a dupe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks so much for the tip! I would love to see a swatch pic, if you have one! :)

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig