Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 15, 2013

Review: Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer in Move On Mauve

Note: Milani and Jordana Week here on Nouveau Cheap was scheduled to officially end today (Tuesday) but I'm extended it for one more day since I still have lots to show you from both brands (new blushes, bronzers, mascara, eyeliners and even more shades of lipstick). So please stay tuned!

Continuing my series of reviews of the newest shades in the Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer line, today I'd like to show you Move On Mauve (click here to see Pink Expresshere to see Quick Tealhere to see Instant Pearl and here to see Flaming Race):

Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer in 29 Move On Mauve
(retail: $4.99, 0.45 oz)

Three Free formula and made in the USA


Just like with the other polishes in this line, the brush is flat and wide, but not as wide as the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure or Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro polishes (which should come as a relief to those who feel those brushes are too wide to work with). The edge of the brush is cut cleanly.

Two coats, no top coat:


In these pics, the blue shimmer seems to come out a bit better in the pic above (lower lighting).


This is a pretty and safe-for-work shade of dusty mauve that contains fine blue shimmer. It required two coats for good opacity and the formula was easy to work with, although a tiny bit on the thick side. Just like all of the other polishes in this range that I've reviewed, this one was true to its name and the first coat dried in almost under a minute. The second coat dried very quickly as well. I'd also like to add that, although this type of color is not something I normally gravitate toward (you know I love my blues and greens), I found myself wearing this color for three days straight and, by the third day, I didn't have any chips (just slight tip-wear). I have the best luck, when it comes to this formula, by applying this polish to bare nails with no base or top coat.

FINAL VERDICT: If you're looking for a soft, safe-for-work shade that dries quickly and applies easily with just two coats, this might be a nice choice for you. I didn't have any application issues with it, and the longer I wore it the more it grew one me.

You can now purchase this shade at CVS. You can also purchase this polish via the Milani website.

Do you own any High Speed Fast Dry polishes? If so, what shades do you own and how do you like them?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig