Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, May 3, 2013

Review: NEW Vitabath Cupcake Couture Fragrance Mist in Dreamy Pink Frosting

Vitabath, you ask? Yes, Vitabath! OK, let me back up here. Exactly two years ago I posted about how Vitabath, best known for their iconic Spring Green Shower Gelee, was releasing some new, updated body washes (which I still haven't tried, but they look yummy).

Anyway, so last year I remember seeing something about how Vitabath was planning on releasing a line of body mists to go with their new body washes, but the last place I ever thought I would see them was at my local Rite Aid. If you follow me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, then you know I was so excited to spot these that I shared this photo of them at Rite Aid.

My Rite Aid only had three fragrances: Wild Red Cherry (which smells like real, tart, red cherries and not like car freshener), Dreamy Pink Frosting and Pomegranate & Blood Orange (strong on the blood orange, but it's a true blood orange fragrance, with a tiny bit of pomegranate). All three of those fragrances spoke to me, and I literally stood there in the aisle for about 20 minutes trying to decide which one to buy. I ultimately came home with this one, and there's a surprising reason behind why I chose it:

 NEW Vitabath Cupcake Couture Fragrance Mist in Dreamy Pink Frosting
(retail: $9.99 at Rite Aid but currently on sale for $7.99, 8.0 oz)


There are three different collections in the Vitabath Body Wash and Fragrance Collection and each scent is available in both body wash and body mist (body mists are $9.99 and body washes are $7.99):

Spa Day 
Citron Leaves 
Cucumber & White Tea
Green Tea & Sage 
Lavender Chamomile 

In Bloom 
Asian Orchid & Coconut 
Beach Blossom
Ivy & Lily
Nouveau Rose

Fruit Fanatic 
Grapefruit Vanilla 
Green Apple & Lily 
Pomegranate & Blood Orange
Wild Red Cherry

Cupcake Couture 
Dreamy Pink Frosting
Heavenly Coconut Creme
Scrumptious Vanilla Sugar
Luscious Lemon Creme 

 So let's take a closer look at Dreamy Pink Frosting, which is in the Cupcake Couture Collection:


Right off the bat, you'll notice that these body mists are a bit pricier ($9.99) than other drugstore body mists. That's probably partly due to the fact that they contain more than just alcohol, water and fragrance:



Granted, the nicer ingredients aren't really a large percentage of the overall formula, but it's still nice to see some fruit extracts, aloe and almond oil in there. And by the way, this body mist doesn't leave any oily type of residue on the skin--it's very, very lightweight and basically disappears the moment it comes in contact with your skin, hair or clothes.

But let's get to the surprising reason why I selected this particular fragrance. After standing there sniffing the bottle, I realized that this fragrance smells A LOT like the coveted Calgon Red Velvet body mist that came and went in the blink of an eye back in 2011. It's not as strong or spicy, but it's very, very close. In fact, I've been trying to find a good dupe for Calgon Red Velvet for EVER now, and this is the very closest I've been able to come!

What I love about Dreamy Pink Frosting (and what I loved about Calgon Red Velvet as well) is that there's this creamy, light, whipped frosting note to it that I just find absolutely delectable. It's not buttercream--it's not that heavy. It's like whipped cream frosting. I don't know--I can't really describe it but I can tell you that it's the best-smelling bakery fragrance I've come in contact with at the drugstore since Calgon Red Velvet.

In terms of strength, this isn't a super-strong fragrance that's going to blow you away after one spritz. It's a lighter fragrance, but it's not so light that it disappears five minutes after you spray it. I've been wearing this all week and when I spray myself (I give a few quick bursts to my neck, hair and wrists) I can still detect it for about 2-3 hours. That's pretty much on par with several other drugstore body mists I own.

FINAL VERDICT:  I love this body mist so much that I want to go back and get Wild Red Cherry and Pomegranate & Blood Orange ASAP. And I also really hope that Rite Aid (or some other drugstores in my area) carry more from this collection--specifically Luscious Lemon Creme and Grapefruit Vanilla. These aren't the least expensive body mists around, but I think their fragrances and ingredients help justify the higher price tag. And it's such a nice bonus that Dreamy Pink Frosting is so close to my beloved Calgon Red Velvet. I highly recommend Dreamy Pink Frosting to my fellow bakery fragrance lovers out there.

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Thanks for letting us know about these. I always wanted to try the new body washes. Cherry will be first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sold on trying to find these right up till the Almond Oil :( Damn allergies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vitabath is great! I own the body wash in cucumber and white tea, and have the body spray as well. Smells soooo good! I get mine from Ulta (they have the full collection). Glad to know that they're now at Rite Aid too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These aren't new - they've been available at Ulta since at least last November (you can find them on their website too). The whole line is available on the vitabath website too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the rose scent, which I got from Influenster once. I wasn't very interested at first, since body spray isn't usually a product in my routine, and rose seemed awfully boring and traditional. But it actually smells fantastic, and I find myself using it regularly. Other people have commented on it, so I think it's noticeable, but not overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so curious about the Blood Orange & pomegranate because I love the pacifica blood orange scent. Does anyone know if it's similar?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My local Kmart sells the Calgon Red Velvet body mist. I was in there today and saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone know why the warning says, FOR ADULT USE ONLY?

    My kids got this for Christmas

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig