Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, March 2, 2013

Spotted: Sinful Colors Limited Edition Paparazzi Collection (with swatches of the shade I purchased)

If you caught my post a couple weeks ago about the Sinful Colors Limited Edition Almost Famous Collection then you know that this collection is now available at Walgreens. But what you may not know is that this exact collection is also available at Rite Aid, however it goes by a different name:

 Sinful Colors Limited Edition Paparazzi Collection
(retail: $1.99 each at Rite Aid)

I'm not sure why this collection goes by two different names, but I'm guessing that each display is "exclusive" to each retailer. But either way, if you haven't had luck finding these polishes at Walgreens, try Rite Aid (if you live in an area that has Rite Aid stores).

Since I finally saw these polishes in person, I thought I'd share some bottle shots, in case you haven't spotted these in person yet. I also wanted to show you swatches of the one shade I purchased from this collection. After seeing these polishes in person, only one shade was a must-have for me, because so many of them remind me of the China Glaze Prismatics and Wet n Wild Be Jeweled polishes I already own. And of course  we know that Show Stopping is a dupe for Sally Hansen Strobe Light.

Keep reading for bottle shots and swatches of the shade I purchased from this collection...

















And here's Star Dust 1164:
Star Dust

This polish contains purple and pink glitter in an (essentially) clear base. It's very lightly tinted purple:


This polish can be worn as a layering polish or you can apply multiple coats to wear it on its own. For these photos, I used three coats of Star Dust with no base color and no top coat:


In this next photo (taken outside in the shade) you can see on my pinky nail that there is some patchiness. I would say that three coats is good enough coverage to the naked eye, but if you really wanted perfect coverage, four would probably be better:


In person, Star Dust is much more vivid and intense than what I could capture in photos. The pink glitter really sparkles in the light. 

This polish does not dry to a matte finish but it is a bit bump (but not as bumpy as I thought it would be).  Applying regular top coat to smooth things out isn't going to be enough, as this polish tends to eat top coat. I would suggest applying a layer of thick base coat (like Gelous) first, and then applying a layer or two of top coat to get a really nice, smooth finish.

Do you own any of these LE glitters from Sinful Colors? Thoughts?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Poparazzi looks a lot like Orly Bubbly Bombshell in these shots, I wonder how they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. after party reminds me of OPI absolutely alice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have'nt seen this collection yet. I will be picking up star dust.

    I think I will use SC Enchanted as my base since it's a one coater then layer a coat or 2 with star dust :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up Star Dust (which I love!) as well as After Party and Lush Life, both of which had some taco-ing going on with the large glitter. Lush Life was ok with a layer of top coat but After Party was unusable :(

    I don't know if I just got a bad batch or what but I wanted to give a warning to everyone. Check your bottles before you buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star Dust looks like a close cousin of Frenzy from their permanent line. The only difference is Frenzy has teal glitter instead of the pink.

    (Which means I totally need it! Frenzy is my favorite glitter polish.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too pretty. I have In the Spotlight and Lush Life from the last sale. I layered In the Spotlight over Beau Khaki, which I really am loving right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only they were full coverage like stardust, I would have picked up the green and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get confused when I see these new displays and can't figure out which shades are new and which are not. I have to keep a spreadsheet on SC because they can be tricky that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gelous is great for making glitter feel smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I passed on this collection since I either already own a close dupe or wasn't excited about the shade... I did notice something weird though, at my local Walgreens a bunch of the Poparazzi bottles looked like they hadn't gotten properly glitterfied. There was just a thin layer of mostly settled glitter at the bottom of the bottle. I've never seen anything like that before!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I picked up Ice Dream because it was apparently substituted for Star Dust in the display that I saw last night. After getting home, I realized I had already picked up Ice Dream during the holidays when that other SC glitter collection came out. Weird thing is that the Ice Dream I picked up during the holidays has much shinier glitter, at least in the bottle. I haven't done a comparison on the nail yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig