Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, November 2, 2012

Swatches of the new Milani Cream-To-Powder Makeup shades

One of the most common complaints that I hear from Women of Color is that drugstore foundations don't offer many choices (if any at all) for deeper skintones. I couldn't agree more, so when Milani informed me that they recently released two new shades in their Cream-To-Powder Makeup line, I did a little happy dance and then I promptly asked them for samples so that I could swatch the two new shades for you.


The two new shades in this range are Warm Spice and Pecan:

 Milani Cream-To-Powder Makeup in Pecan and Warm Spice
(retail: $7.99 each, 0.28 oz)
 Keep reading for swatches of both new shades...




 
 Pecan

 Warm Spice



As you can see, Pecan has more of a yellow undertone to it, while Warm Spice has more of a pink undertone to it. If it helps, for reference, my skintone is NC20 but the inside of my arm (which is where I swatched these) is probably closer to NC15.

I also received a shade of this foundation that's closer to my own skintone, so I'll be sure to post a full review after I've given this foundation a thorough testing. In the meantime, I was so excited about these new shade options that I wanted to get these swatches up ASAP in case any of you were looking for deeper foundation shades at the drugstore. I just wanted to  be sure you knew that these were now available.

You can purchase Milani Cream-To-Powder foundation at CVS, Kmart and select Walgreens and Target stores throughout the nation. You can also purchase this product directly from the Milani website.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. :( I wish it was more than .28 oz, it's like paying full price for 1/3 or of a full product, normally foundations are 1 oz, at least the liquid ones :((( or i feel like its paying 3 times more for 1 full size product. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it helps any I've found cream foundations go a whole lot further than liquids for the same amount of product. There is also a lot less waste.

      Delete
  2. It's a bit sad though that my local drugstores don't carry this. We have some of the Milani line but I haven't seen these in stock. I'd be totally down to try them out too. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a gripe it seems to me like Milani is dumping it's original target market. A lot of the darker makeup is disappearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too. Milani was one of the few drugstore brands for WOC EVERYONE was recommending or using when I was growing up. What happened?

      Delete
    2. Like alot of companies they have sold out their darker clientele for profit. That irritates me becuase companies like these are were brought up off of the backs of darker skinned women looking for good makeup. Then when they hit the mother lode we get dumped. We are very loyal customers, and it makes no sense. There isn't a single black girl I knew 5-10 years ago who didn't own a Milani nail polish or lipgloss. Sleek Makeup tried to be slick, and pulled the same crap a few months ago by erasing women of color from their Facebook & email promotions. I called them out on it. They fixed that.

      Delete
    3. ITA. I contacted Milani a few years ago and expressed my concern about the difficulty finding their deeper shades, the phasing out of their deeper shades and how they've changed their marketing. Of course, I got a generic (slightly rude) response. I used to use this product but when my color became too hard to locate, I spent my money elsewhere. Milani used to be a brand I raved about, purchased a large amount of, but since they switched their target market, I spend my money on different brands.

      I appreciate the swatches.

      Delete
  4. Why do the pictures of the new shades look nothing like the swatches?! why is it so hard for manufacturers to provide accurate photos??? Pecan looks like it has a pink undertone in the photo by Milani. Am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to try a cream bronzer so this is right up my alley! I cant wait to get my hands on one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much. I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock. Thanks for helping the siestas stay glam !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these cream to powder compacts. Thanx 4update :•)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I discovered this foundation about 6 months ago and it quickly became my HG. I LOVE this stuff! It looks so natural on my combination skin, and does a great job of keeping me matte for most of the day. I would caution, however, NOT to use the sponge applicator to apply. It wastes too much product. I use a synthetic flat-top buffer brush and the finish is perfect. I also like that this foundation is buildable. If I need to add second layer in certai spots, it blends in perfectly. My daughter (age 16) and I *both* use this product - I'm "medium beige" and she uses "buff." I've found usually stores only carry four or five of the nine shades (depending upon the stores demographic), so you may have to search a bit to find the shade you need (or order it directly from the Milani website)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can u provide a referance color? Im a nw20 and cant figure which to get between the two

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig