Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 12, 2012

Spotted: Essie Winter 2012 Collection (aka: Leading Lady Collection)

Reader Julie spotted the Essie Winter 2012 Collection at her local Target recently and was nice enough to share! 

NOTE: I've seen some early press info about this collection and it seems that, depending on what you read, this collection is either called the Leading Lady Collection or just the Winter 2012 Collection. As you'll see in the pics below, the Target display refers to this as the Winter 2012 Collection, but when it appears in drugstores like Rite Aid, CVS and Walgreens, it may be called the Leading Lady Collection (just wanted to put that out there to avoid any confusion later on down the road).

(click to enlarge)

image credit: Julie for Nouveau Cheap
 Essie Winter 2012 Collection (aka: Essie Leading Lady Collection)
Left to right: Leading Lady, She's Pampered, Snap Happy, Butler Please, Where's My Chauffeur?, Beyond Cozy 
More info and some bottle shots, after the jump..

Julie writes:
I also attached two bottle shots. These are the only glitters in the collection; the rest are cremes. The red, called Leading Lady, reminds me a lot of Essie Ruby Slippers.

The silver, Beyond Cozy, is a very fine glitter in a clear base. I don't think it's pure silver, as there seem to be a hint of warmth to it.

image credit: Julie for Nouveau Cheap 
Essie Leading Lady

image credit: Julie for Nouveau Cheap 
 Essie Beyond Cozy
Julie also shared the following info:
The other colors in the display are:
Where's My Chauffeur - aqua creme; bluer than Essie Turquoise & Caicos
Butler Please - bright cornflower blue creme; reminds me of Essie Mesmerize
She's Pampered - pinky watermelon berry creme
Snap Happy - orangey red creme, with a hint of coral

Julie offered to share a nail wheel comparison of Essie Leading Lady and Ruby Slipppers, which I'll be posting very soon (thanks so much for that offer, Julie!).

Have you spotted the Essie Winter 2012 (aka Leading Lady) Collection in your area yet? Thoughts? I have to admit, it's quite refreshing to see a winter collection that doesn't contain a standard Christmas Green for once!

Thanks again, Julie, for the awesome sighting and pics!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. These look nice. I definitely think I need to pick up 'Butler Please'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I can't wait to see the full swatches of this collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Essie has been coming out with so many blue polishes lately! I've yet to pick up Bikini So Teeny and Boxer Shorts...now I have to look out for Where's My Chauffeur and Butler Please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wearing Leading Lady as we speak! I think it might be a dupe of SOPI's Merry Me which I will have to compare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really nice. I'll be keeping my eye out for them!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just bought butler please, it's an exact dupe of sally hansen pacific blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just bought butler please, it's an exact dupe of sally hansen pacific blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cozy up looks like an exact dupe for sally hansen Golden-i

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig