Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What I'm Loving Right Now

It's been a long time since I did a "What I'm Loving Right Now" post, so I thought I'd revisit this feature and tell you what I'm absolutely obsessed with at the moment!

(All links will take you to my original review unless otherwise noted)

Milani Illuminiating Face Powder in Hermosa Rose ($9.49) - I'm addicted to highlighters, and my favorite for months now has been Hermosa Rose. I apply it with a dense kabuki brush, and it gives the tops of my cheeks and the area above my brows the prettiest, most subtle glow. I'm not big on lots of shimmer or sparkle in my highlighters, and this one's just perfect for a soft, natural-looking glow. Plus, it works well with the neutral and earthtone colors I usually wear on the rest of my face and my oily skin loves that it's a powder instead of a cream or liquid highlighter.

Milani Shadow Eyez 12HR Wear Eyeshadow Pencil in Champagne Toast ($6.99) - another rave for Milani! I honestly wish that I could buy one of these pencils and send it each and every one of you. The way that Champagne Toast highlights the inside corners of my eyes, and also under my lower lashline, is so beautiful, and so incredibly long -wearing that I honestly don't know what I did before this pencil came into my life. It's a great multi-tasker too, because you can use it as a lid shade, brow-bone shade and also as a base for other shadows. Heck, I've even swiped it on the tops of my cheeks and blended it out for extra "glow" at night. LOVE. THIS. PENCIL.

Real Techniques Dome Shadow Brush ($17.99 as part of a set) - who can resist a shadow brush with a purple metallic handle, right? But the thing is, this brush not only looks great, it feels great too. I reviewed this brush over a year ago, and since that time, it's become the ONLY brush I use for serious blending. It is silky soft, super dense and it blends my shadows like no other. I love the powder brush in this set a well, but I admit I don't get much action from the foundation brush because I tend to use a stippling brush or my fingers for liquid foundations.

Wet n Wild Mega Last Nail Color In Break The Ice (retail: $1.99) - I don't know what's up with me lately (maybe it's an overdose of crackles, magnetics, neons, glitters, etc.) but I've recently returned to wearing Break The Ice, which is an old favorite of mine. I love the micro-glitter in this polish, which is subtle but still visible, and it gives this work-friendly color a bit more excitement. I can't explain it really, but Break The Ice and I have a long-standing love affair and it isn't going to end anytime soon.

Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in Smitten (retail: $8.99) - It's been so hot lately that when Mr. G and I go out at night, about the only thing I can do is slap some vibrant lipcolor on and say: "OK, here's my nighttime face!". Luckily, Smitten seems to work quite nicely when I want to spice up a nighttime look without much effort, and the fact that Mr. G always says, "Oooh, I love your lips" every time I wear this means I DEFINITELY love it and will continued to wear it...often!

Sebamed Moisturizing Body Lotion for Sensitive Skin ($14.95) - When it's hot, I want my skin to feel smooth, but I don't want to feel any type of greasy, waxy or sticky residue left behind after I've applied my body lotion. Just like I said in my original review, Sebamed lotion makes my skin feel like..skin. Just softer and more hydrated. I love this stuff, and I especially love that it smells like a bar of vintage bath soap. I can't recommend it enough (especially when it goes on sale at CVS!).

Auric Blends Water Goddess ($7.50) - Auric Blends is one of my little secrets that I don't like to tell many people about in my "real life". People always think I'm wearing some exotic, expensive and hard-to-find fragrance, when I'm actually wearing a roller-ball fragrance that costs less than $10. But don't let the price tag of Auric Blends fragrances fool you--these are high-quality fragrances that I've been wearing for going on twenty years now (seriously!), and I still can't understand how they can offer them at such budget-friendly price tags. In the summer, Water Goddess has a permanent place on my vanity because, to my nose, it smells like sparkling ice water, fresh lemon wedges and fresh mint leaves. Aaaaah. (By the way, I didn't link to my original Auric Blends review from 2009 because their URL has changed and I haven't had a chance to update my posts yet. I didn't want you to click a bunch of dead links, so that's why I linked directly to the Auric Blends website).

What are YOU loving right now? 

Some of the products featured in this post were given to Nouveau Cheap for previous reviews.
SHARE:

32 comments

  1. Auric Blends scents are lovely, Egyptian Goddess has been my signature scent since 1997. Although I wear Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume oil almost exclusively now, I always keep a roller of Egyptian Goddess in stock for when I want to smell like "me."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Egyptian Goddess! Have you tried Love? It's like EG on steroids. Sooo gooood! :)

      Delete
  2. Hilariously enough I'm living illuminators too and right now it's the Bonnebell face powder in natural blush I can use the four shades as eyeshandow or swirl it together for and use it as a perfect summer tan blush! Also I'm loving my maybelline baby lips especially my peach colored one it smells great, tastes good bc we all know we end up eating it anyways lol, and other than being moisturizing it also contains SPF which I always say yay for summer safety!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'll have to try that bonne bell powder! Thanks for the rec!

      Delete
  3. I have the Revlon Balm Stain in Smitten as well, but I've stopped wearing it because the perfect berry shade it starts off as seems to morph into a hot pink as the day goes on. It's so bright that it shows through any other lip product I put on after that trying to cover it up. Has this happened to anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't turn on me, but I just bought a new one that DOES, which really bums me out. :(

      Delete
    2. It happened to me With all Of them - they turned that awful purple pink.

      Delete
    3. It has happened to me too! I also have adore which turns to a orangey red which totally bums me out.

      Delete
    4. Same here. I have two...Cherish and Precious. It seems that the cooler tones morph into that garish "mood lipstick" pink, while the warmer shades go orangey. I've wondered if the Clinique Chubby Sticks do the same. I have a Beauty Rush Glossy Lip Tint crayon from Victoria's Secret and it doesn't turn, and no minty essence...I know some folks don't like that.

      Delete
  4. I love that Real Techniques brush too, but I usually use it to blend my under eye concealer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains myself. I used birthday money to buy all, but the Romantic is my favorite. And, I found about three shades of the balm stain in a clearance basket at Kroger -- though they did have them in-store at regular price, too -- and bought a second Romantic (with a coupon, so I got it for something like $3.50), so I'm stocked, though I have no idea why they had a couple on clearance since they're new.

    The L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer has been an awesome purchase, too. That does, for me, what I wish the BB creams would.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live WnW Break the Ice too. The shimmer in it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the milani infinite liquid eyeliner. thanks to you (in the lead, followed by others' reviews), i picked it up. and. IT. FREAKING. ROCKS. hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm currently loving nail polish lately. It is a phase thing for me. But the past few weeks I've been changing my nail polish constantly. Currently loving Zoya's "Myrta" and "Zuza" and Sinful Colors "Hazard". Thanks for sharing what you're loving! I wanna try the Milani eyeliners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of Auric Blends, but it sounds like something I would love to try! Do any stores carry these? I want to sniff before I buy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need more Milani in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely understand your obsession with break the ice. I have a half empty bottle and two back ups :)

    I didn't know who it was by, I used to wear Himalayan Musk back when I could still put fragrances on. The place where I bought it didn't have a box or anything, just the little stone case the solid perfume is in.

    *sigh* I REALLY miss being able to wear perfume. Anyone remember Skin Musk? or Avalon perfume oils? Man I loved their peach perfume oil.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wet n wild mega last matte lipsticks--love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you only able to purchase Auric Blends from the website? Sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even before you asked I was going to list that Balm Stain. The dark red at the bottom of the range is a PERFECT red for me-- it remains a brick red and doesn't turn monkey butt fuschia on me. I hope they keep that around for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post idea! Right now my favorite products are Revlon Whipped foundation, Badger Lip Balm in Highland Mint, Badger Cuticle Care (thank you G. for the review, this stuff is AMAZING! ) and Organix shampoo and conditioner in Coconut Milk. The Organix products have done wonders for my hair! And of course I love all things nail polish, but since I change my mani 4 to 5 times a week, I can't pick a favorite! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for sharing!! i really want to try the milani highlighters now :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I' loving zinc based sunscreen for calming my skin and keeping oiliness at bay - I use it as a primer/bb cream! I've been liking Coppertone mineral face for sensitive skin as a BB and Neutrogena liquid mineral in the shake up container when I want something lighter. Then a little Youth code BB and/or powder (PF or neutrogena mattifying) and hello smooth lovely skin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Living in Sinful Colors right now! LOVE them. Thank you sooo much for introducing me to these 'hidden treasures' like Oceanside, Why Not, and for the cooler months Winterberry and Fig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Isis! Can you do me a favor and shoot me an email when you have a moment? I don't see an email linked to your profile and I have a question for you (it's good, I promise!). Thanks, hun!

      Delete
  19. As soon as I find it, I'm giving this Auric Blends roller ball a shot. I've been looking for a perfume that fits the description of how you described it to smell like so if I can find it and it works out on me, it'll be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do you know if the Real Techniques brushes are available in Asia? I've wanted to try them for so long, but I can't seem to find them anywhere I've gone in the last few months :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph,

      From their website: Australia & Southeast Asia: Sales and enquiries please contact Salon Concepts at info@salonconcepts.com.au or +61 2 95260777.

      http://realtechniques.com/where-to-buy

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig