Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Spotted: New Revlon Runway Report Limited Edition Nail Color in Sparkle Aplenty

Breaking beauty news: Revlon has released another "hot off the runway" nail color! We've seen several of these over the past few years (my favorite was Perplex from November 2010, which was the dupe of Chanel Paradoxal).

Reader cyndiinphilly spotted the new Revlon Runway Report display at her local Wegmans today and was kind enough to share a pic:

image credit: cyndiinphilly for Nouveau Cheap
 Revlon Runway Report display featuring the Limited Edition shade Sparkle Aplenty

According to cyndiinphilly, there is only one shade in this display, and the name of the shade is Sparkle Aplenty. Cyndiinphilly described this shade as "a black with chunky silver glitter."

Sometimes I can immediately make the connection as to which shade they're duping, but this time I drew a blank. If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I asked my followers earlier today if they knew of "a higher-end polish that's been out for a few months that's black with chunky silver glitter". I received several responses (thanks again to everyone who tweeted a response!) and just about everyone replied with OPI Metallic 4 Life. I'm not sure if this a dupe for that shade since I haven't seen either one in person, but if you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks again, cyndiinphilly, for the great scoop and pic. I can't wait to find this one! 

PS: Usually these Revlon displays tend to pop up at Walgreens first, so check your local Walgreens stores if you don't live near a Wegmans. I also remember that the last few runway collections like this popped up at H.E.B. in Texas before they appeared at Walgreens, so check your H.E.B. stores, Texas gals!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I picked this up at Walgreens yesterday and am wearing it right now! It does look like OPI's Metallic 4 Life from what I can tell (I don't own the OPI) except the silver microglitter is maybe less pronounced in the Revlon version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thank you SO much, Lily! That's great to hear! :)

      Delete
  2. I really hope I can find this display. I love Metallic 4 Life and it would be great to find a cheaper "back up" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can confirm that it is at HEB, near the opi polishes no less haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shall probably be mine! Don't care if it is or isn't a dupe. I always buy the Runway Report collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Milani also has one like this in one of their LE displays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought for sure if they did this again it would be another Peridot dupe, but can we really have too many Peridot dupes anyway? lol It's kind of weird if they chose to do Metallic 4 Life since I don't think that's a color that was used on the Fall runway, nor have I heard too much about it, so it's not like the nail blogs are going insane over it or anything like that. Also, the OPI is only a few dollars more than the Revlon instead of a huge difference in price like when they dupe Channel or Lippmann. Oh well, if I see it I will buy it anyway, since I checked the swatches for Mettalic 4 Life and see that they are gorgeous. I'm all about the gorgeous polish! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig