Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Spotted: new products from Revlon, Jesse's Girl and more

The drugstores are all about COLOR right now, and lots of it! If you love neons and bright pops of color, I think you'll want to take a look at the new products I spotted at Rite Aid the other day.

Let's start with the new Revlon display:

 New Revlon Limited Edition Nail Art Neon Collection
(retail: unknown)

Exactly like the Nail Art Frenchmix duos, these are double-ended polishes. The only difference is that the Nail Art Neons contain a white base coat and a neon shade.

I wish the display had price tags, because I'm curious to know the price point on these considering that the display says "Hot Price, Limited Time". I'm assuming this means they retail for under $8.99 (the price of the Frenchmix polishes at Rite Aid) and that "Limited Time" means these are limited edition.


There are eight shades in this collection:

Electric Blue, Hot Hue, Groovy Green

 High Voltage, Pink Glow, Fuchsia Shock

 Neon Light, Ultra Violet

Next up, I spotted a new-to-Rite-Aid Color Club collection:

 Color Club Poptastic Collection
(retail: $4.99 each)

And finally, I spotted this new collection from Jesse's Girl:

 Jesse's Girl Rock Star Collection


There are two types of beauty accessories in this display. First, there's 6-Piece Manicure Kits which contain a cuticle pusher, nail file, manicure scissors, nail clipper and tweezers  (I think the 6th piece in the kit is the container/compact that holds the tools). Also, there are little animal-print mirrored compacts at the back of the display.

Glow Stix Lip Glosses from L to R: Rave, Glam, Disco
High Intensity Nail Colors from L to R: Carolina Beach, Beach Baby, Wild Thing

The Glow Stix Lip Glosses are new to me. They are not on the Jesse's Girl website, so I don't know if they're limited edition or new products that just haven't made it to the core collection display yet (if you know, could you leave a comment and enlighten us?). They are translucent glosses in bright,  vivid shades of orange, pink and purple (if you look at the purple gloss, you can see the wand through the tube, which should give you an idea of the translucency).

As for the High Intensity Nail Colors, I know that both Beach Baby (hot pink) and Wild Thing (neon purple) are both existing core collection shades. However, the shade Carolina Beach is not on the Jesse's Girl website, and I can't find any swatches of it online, so I'm assuming it's new (and possibly limited edition?).

Have you spotted any of these displays in your area? Anything catching your eye? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I've seen the Revlon neons in my area (Birmingham, AL) at a bunch of CVS's, but the color I wanted the most (Hot Hue, a coral) was sold out. They all look very vibrant in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Color Club polishes look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the Revlon polishes at HEB (Texas grocery store) and they were 7.89. I would have loved to have the purple and blue shades on their own but didn't need the white so I passed on them because there was so little colored polish for the price. Seems like they are charging a lot for the gimmicky packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' the neon peach shade from Color Club (1st bottle from the left.) =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At my Walgreens, the Revlon hot hues were the same price as the regular double-ended polishes... I don't think the "hot price" label means anything. :P

    Also the maybelline BB creams were there today--with testers, like the L'oreal display! Something I really didn't like, though, is that the packaging says "titanium dioxide sunscreen broad spectrum SPF 30", but the only active ingredient is *1.15%* titanium dioxide. if that gives anything remotely like spf 30 broad spectrum protection I'll eat my hat. I'm actually kind of upset about it; people know not to take all sorts of inflated claims in cosmetics/skincare seriously, but I think they do take sunscreen claims at face value, as do many reviewers. For products like this you might actually be doing yourself damage if you rely on it for sun protection the same way as you would a legit titanium dioxide/zinc spf 30.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the Revlon neons at Walgreens for 7.99 BOGO 1/2 price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rite-Aid has Color Club? Need to go on a run soon!

    The Color Club Poptastic Collection was released back in 2010. I guess it was brought back because of the neon trend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost bought a Revlon neon polish this morning but held off to see if there are any coupons that I can get my hands on. There was no price listed at Walgreens but figured it to be around $8. Thats why I passed for now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought one of the Revlon colors recently in Pink Glow... I don't remember how much it was. Your estimate couldn't have been too far off. I liked the color a lot, but it definitely wasn't anything too unique or too bright...China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy remains the brightest color in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. bought carolina beach today. it looks like an exact dupe of china glaze flip flop fantasy. i have FFF but couldnt pass up on carolina beach because of the name, i am from south carolina :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig