Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Limited Edition Estée Lauder Mad Men Collection

I realize that Estée Lauder isn't a brand I normally cover on my blog, but since one my favorite shows of all time is Mad Men, I'm bending the rules a bit today.

You know I went bonkers for the Mad Men-inspired nail color collection from Nailtini, so when I read in the LA Times today that Estée Lauder was releasing the Estée Lauder Mad Men Collection this March (to coincide with the highly-anticipated fifth season premiere), I was just plain giddy. 

The collection contains one lipstick and one blush and the packaging is, to me, stunning:
image source: esteelauder.com
Estée Lauder Mad Men Collection Limited Edition Lipstick in Cherry
(retail: $25)
image source: esteelauder.com
 Estée Lauder Mad Men Collection Limited Edition Creme Rouge in Evening Rose
(retail: $40)

But I just have to ask...

Any true Mad Men fan would know that the natural, logical choice for a Mad Men lipstick name would be Belle Jolie. I wonder why they didn't use that name instead of Cherry

Aynway, here's a clip of the infamous Belle Jolie episode if you'd care to watch.

image source: unknown
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. You're right. That packaging.... *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mad Men too! You are so right, Belle Jolie would have been perfect, I wonder why they didn't use it? Anyway the lipstick and blush are gorgeous, and so is the packaging! I can't wait for Season 5 to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! so glad to hear you're a fan too. :)

      The only thing I can think of is that they didn't want to make obvious references to the show, but rather reference the era. But man, I would LOVE to have a lipstick named Belle Jolie! Lol!

      Delete
  3. G, you're SO right! Belle Jolie is the *obvious* choice. I'm a huge Mad Men fan as well. I love the clothes, characters, and storylines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished season three today. I'm treating the fourth season like candy, since I love always having episodes to watch. The blush and lipstick are gorgeous. Y they have to be so expensive thoooough? >_<;

    ReplyDelete
  5. After you said it I agree that it should have probably been named Belle Jolie but there may have been some copyright laws (money paid) that needed to be abided by (money paid) or contract agreements (money paid) that may not have been the road they wanted to take (money paid). After all, isn't that what most of the retail world revolves around?

    Or maybe not and they just missed the mark completely.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig