Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Spotted: new L'Oreal EverStyle & EverCréme collections ("low-poo" gals, take note!)

Fans of L'Oreal EverPure/Sleek/Strong haircare: there are two new collections that are now surfacing at drugstores and I think that SOME of you are going to VERY happy about these (especially you low-poo or no-poo gals out there).

A huge thanks to reader Pam for this sighting--Pam spotted these at her local Rite Aid recently and was nice enough to share:

image credit: Pam for Nouveau Cheap

EverStyle is a new collection of alcohol-free styling products that are broken up into four catagories: Volume, Curl, Smooth and Hold. 

Thanks to reader Meagan for the heads-up that L'Oreal actually has these products up on their website already! For details about all eight products in the EverStyle family click here.

image credit: Pam for Nouveau Cheap
In the lower portion of this display are the new EverCréme products, which are "free of harsh sulfates and heavy coating waxes." For details about the EverCréme collection click here.

I am the MOST intrigued by the EverCréme Low Cleansing Conditioner. For YEARS I have heard people talk about "low-poo" or "no-poo" methods of cleansing their hair (for those unfamiliar, it's a technique often used by curly-haired girls--you don't use shampoo AT ALL to cleanse your hair, just a mild conditioner). So L'Oreal has created what I believe to be the first drugstore "low-poo" cleansing conditioner that actually calls itself a "low-poo" cleansing product (I know that many low-poo gals use regular drugstore conditioners for the low-poo method, but I don't think I've ever actually seen a drugstore product that calls itself a low-poo cleansing product until now). Pretty exciting!  

NOTE: If you would like more information about low-poo or no-poo cleansing, check out this article by Afrobella written back in 2006.

Low-poo cleansing conditioners might be a big trend this year at the drugstore, since reader Meagan said she spotted one by Salon Grafix at Rite Aid recently as well. Interesting! (Thanks for that tip, Meagan.)

Another huge thanks to reader Pam for the great pics!

Haircare lovers: are you excited to try any of these new products? Thoughts?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Sorry for the blurry bottom piture! I was in a hurry in the store and also took pictures of several other items and then saw this at the last minute so just snapped one...lol...anyway, I didn't even really get to check out the items, so thanks for all the details! Sounds like something I've gotta have..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a low-poo girl myself! I color my hair all the time (who doesn't get bored after a while?), and I found that the low-poo method has made my hair so much healthier. It's also a money-saver since the shampoos you do buy last longer. EverPure Volume shampoo & conditioner are my go-to.
    That is awesome that L'Oreal now makes a cleansing conditioner, I wonder if it is similar to the more expensive Wen hair products?
    Sooo excited to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHH I cant wait to try the curl line!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam: Please don't apologize--your pics were awesome and I'm so grateful! Can't wait to hear how you like these products if/when you try them. :)

    florence: Oooh, since you're already a low-poo gal, I would LOVE to know what you think of that cleansing conditioner if you try it! :)

    Olivia Yu: I'm not sure what else I can tell you about the low-poo method since I already explained it in this post AND included a link to more information??

    Michelle: Would love to know what you think of those curl products if you try them (especially since I'm a curly-haired girl myself)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been interested in the no 'poo method for a long time & hate that my naturally curly hair tends to lean on the oily side too much on the second day, even more so when I straighten it. I did a little research after reading this post this morning and just bought some Hair One hair cleanser and conditioner with argan oil for curly hair at Sally's.. From the reviews I've read, Hair One is comparable to WEN so I'm crossing my fingers! It's $11 for 12 oz.

    Has anyone ever used this brand??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nichole: lol! I actually reviewed Hair One right here on this blog (but it was a while ago). Click here to check out my thoughts, if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited about these! I have used the EverSleek and EverPure lines, and like them both very much; they're the first drugstore shampoo line that I've been truly happy with over a long period of time, and they really do help my hair look smoother and my color last longer. I use one of the smoothing styling products from the EverSleek line, I'll have to check out what new goodies are being introduced!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I am so anxious to get my hands on the cleansing conditioner. I am a Wen girl through and through, but if there is a more affordable alternative, I'd be willing to give it a try! Thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw these the other day at Target :) I actually bought 2 of the Cleansing Conditioner & 1 of the hair spray. I cut my shoulder length hair into a pixie cut a week ago, so i'm looking to keep my hair healthy now that all of the damage is FINALLY gone haha. I've been using VO5 conditioner to do the CO washing with, but I wanted something a little better, & it says on the bottle that no conditioner is needed after using. So, hopefully that will ring true, & then all I'll have to use is a bit of leave in :)

    I'm so happy for the alcohol free hair spray! I've been styling my hair into a faux hawk & sadly...hair spray is a must to keep my thin hair in that shape. This was a god-send :) I can post reviews after I've used them (which will be tonight, since my hair is in need of a good clean ).

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig