Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, November 17, 2011

Swatches: OPI Warm & Fozzie from the Muppets Collection

When I finally got a chance to see the OPI Muppets Collection at a local beauty supply store recently, my wallet thanked me for the fact that just ONE polish found its way into my basket. Don't get me wrong: I love all the pretty glitters in this collection, but I guess with the Wet n Wild and Sally Hansen glitter collections, I'm not really feeling like I need another glitter at this point.

The one shade I purchased in this collection was Warm & Fozzie. Who doesn't love Fozzie Bear, right? After wearing this polish for a few days now, I have to say that this polish does a neat job of capturing the look and feel of Fozzie's fur in polish form.

Described as a metallic copper, I detect beautiful, rich brown, mocha, golden and bronze tones in this polish as well. There are rust and pink particles that become visible in certain lights, which I think gives this polish a weak duochrome effect. Also, at the outer edges of this polish, there is a wonderful mossy green that sometimes appears (much like the green in Orly Space Cadet). I love that this polish looks like a warm brown in certain lights and a cool brown in others. If you're a brown polish fan, I'd say this is a must-have.

The following photos were taken after three coats of polish, but I think you could get away with two coats if you were careful during application:

 OPI Warm & Fozzie
(retail: around $7, 0.5 oz)







To see swatches of the entire OPI Muppets Collection, check out Amber's post here.

Do you own any polishes from this collection? If so, what shades do you own and how do you like them? Do you think Warm & Fozzie is a must-have?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I've seen the collection but haven't purchased any yet. I have another gold that's close (I can't remember the name of it, argh!) so I want to try to finish using it up before getting another one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm and Fozzie is the only polish from this collection I picked up and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. G it's like you read my mind! I just got this color and I think I'm painting my nails with it tomorrow. I got a free sample of this and Meep Meep Meep (gorgeous hot pink/almost red flakey one) and I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my favorite 'unique' shade from the collection. And, of course, I love Rainbow Connection. None of the others jumped out at me like Warm and Fozzy.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig