Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Orly Space Cadet (I'm late to the party and I don't care)

If you were the lovely fellow blogger and/or reader who told me that CVS has the new Orly Cosmic FX Fall 2010 collection for just $6.99 a bottle, PLEASE leave a comment here and let me know so I can properly thank you and give you a big ol' virtual bear hug. As many of you know, this collection has a slightly higher price tag than other Orly polishes, as the official retail price is $10/bottle. So when I saw this collection at my local CVS, I knew I had to get one (especially since I had $5 in Extra Bucks in my wallet, bringing my price down to just $1.99!).

Even though there are so many stunning shades in this group of mega-foily duochromes, I knew I had to have Space Cadet. Even if you're not an ardent nail polish blog reader, I'm pretty sure you've probably seen posts about this shade, because it's just so splendidly unique that it transcends all niches. Heck, I did a google search and saw posts about Orly Space Cadet on a knitting blog! (Yay for knitters! I heart knitters!)

But before you leave a comment about how this is a dupe of MAC Mean & Green, I'd like to state for the record that MAC Mean & Green is technically a dupe of Orly Space Cadet, since Space Cadet released first. (I guess we could argue about who sat in their lab and created it first, but I like to go by release date). AND, I've also seen that the new Hard Candy polish, Beetle, is a dupe for Space Cadet as well. So the bottom line is, if you're drawn to this shade, and you don't want to pay $13 for it, you can look for the Orly display at your local CVS and get it for $6.99, or try to find Hard Candy Beetle!






I tried my best to show you in these pics that, depending on how the light catches this color, it truly gives you a completely different look. Sometimes it's green, other times it's purple, then it's bronze, and then it's all three shades. This isn't a duochrome, it's a multichrome! It's got that beautiful Japanese beetle rainbow effect to it that just makes it so darned fun to look at and to wear.

Do you already own Orly Space Cadet, MAC Mean & Green or Hard Candy Beetle? Are you as mesmerized by this shade as I am?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Yes! I had to have this shade and called my local beauty supply to hold one aside for me! It's absolutely amazing and complex polish ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. better late than never to hop on the Space Cadet is awesomesauce bandwagon. Love that polish, looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok this is really gorgeous!! I guess I'll be making another trip to CVS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually saw that display (it was only at the largest of my local CVS stores) but by the time I got to it, Space Cadet was gone :( Fortunately I got Hard Candy's Beetle, which is supposedly a dupe. Seems sort of silly, going from 'Oh, I missed Mean & Green' to 'Oh, I missed Space Cadet' before finally getting an incredible 3rd dupe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got Space Cadet! And I'm soo jealous of how much you paid for it!! :) It looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got space cadet for free in a swag bag this past saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Space Cadet on my tips right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I literally JUST snagged what I think may have been the last bottle of HC Beetle within about 100 miles. Can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been reading your blog for a few months and I just HAVE to ask you... How do you paint your nails so perfectly? When I paint mine, they're all over my cuticles. It usually takes me quite a few tries to get them to look like a 5 year old didn't do them. Tips?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found the "It's Not Rocket Science" polish from this collection at my CVS for $1.75 on clearance! It's not quite as pretty, but definitely worth less than $2. :)

    They also had some mini Orly polishes on clearance for $0.99, mostly reds and pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My CVS still has the summer Orly collection around. ): I hope they get it in soon, because I am lemming Galaxy Girl something fierce.

    On the upside, the WnW holiday palettes landed at my Walgreens!! :D I didn't get any yet, though, because I have ExtraBucks and Up Rewards, so I figured I might as well wait... But I think that's all three big drugstores covered, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't own any of these but this color is gorgeous! I'll be looking for it on my next trip to CVS. Btw, when i was at walgreens today I spoke with the cosmetic lady and she said that our walgreens is about to release the wet n wild holiday pixie collection! I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You might have seen this on my blog? Either way, glad you loved it and got such a great price!

    Just don't think about what a pain it'll be to remove :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm late to the party too! I bet my CVS doesn't have it..they barely have any Orly but I'll be going tomorrow to check! Otherwise I will def be getting Beetle

    ReplyDelete
  15. This reminds me a bit of the Dickweed by BleachBlack, but a LOT less expensive. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't seen the Hard Candy 'Beetle' and my WalMart yet. Does anyone know if it's a new shade for the holidays? I will check at my local Sally today though for the Orly polishes.
    I tried making my own 'dupe' of this shade by using Maybelline 50 second nail polish in Glad to be Green and then topcoated it with Sally Hansen Purple Confetti. Didn't really get the same effect, but in the sunlight you can kinda see the green through the top coat if you go very very lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like a great dupe of my favorite discontinued Revlon color, Khaki Zing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had to buy the Hard Candy polish in Beetle because I couldn't get Mean & Green or Space Cadet in my town. I don't have a CVS close, and it tears me up inside!!

    Beetle is great, I thought it was going to chip and be underwhelming, but it was wonderful and it lasted until I finally decided to go on to a different color! Way to go Hard Candy.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig