Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What I'm loving right now...



It's been a while since I did a What I'm Loving Right Now post, so I thought I'd share with you some of the drugstore products that I find myself reaching for again and again these days.


 1. L.A. Colors Professional Series 3 Color Eyeshadow in Sand Dune (originally reviewed here). Bronze-y brown shadows are a staple for me, and I find myself reaching for the middle shade in this trio (which I purchased at Dollar Tree for, of course, $1) a lot lately. I'm so impressed by the texture, pigmentation and vibrancy of these little shadows, and that middle shade is just incredibly easy for me to wear from lashline to crease. 

2. CoverGirl Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Lush Berry. I've raved endlessly about this product ever since my original review back in May of 2010, and after a good long run of wearing powder blushes and nothing else, I find myself really enjoying the feel of a nice cream blush again. Unlike so many other cream blushes, this stuff LASTS, even in the hot, humid weather we're currently having in San Diego. I can put this on my bare skin (no foundation, powder, or anything else) and I can still see it some eight hours later. Plus, who doesn't like a bit of extra moisturizing from the Olay moisturizer built into this product? The shade, Lush Berry, is just perfect for me--it gives a beautiful, natural flushed look to my cheeks.

3. The (newish) got2b Fat-tastic Dry Shampoo is the one I've been reaching for the most lately out of all my dry shampoos (you can see my original review here). Why? Because it's the closest thing to my beloved Batiste dry shampoo, which I can only get at Sally (and it costs less than Batiste!). Also, got2b Fat-tastic Dry Shampoo smells just like Bath and Body Works Shea Cashmere products, which I LOVE.

4. CVS brand Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover is my Holy Grail eye makeup remover, and I know I've said that many times here. But seriously, it's the only stuff I use when I need extra help in removing my eye makeup, so I had to give it another shout-out.

5. I gave you a preliminary review of Organix Cherry Blossom Poppy Gentle Cleansing Milk last month, so I wanted to follow up and let you know that I've been reaching for it ever since that post. I'm in love with the fragrance, and I just adore how gentle it is, yet how effective it is at removing the makeup, oil and grime from my face. And my favorite part is that it doesn't dry out my skin or leave it feeling tight. But I also love the silky, gel-like consistency of this stuff--it's got such a unique texture for a cleanser.

So, what are YOU currently loving from the drugstore?

Some of the products featured in this post were given to Nouveau Cheap for previous reviews,, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I have Sand Dune and love it too! The colors go so well together and make for a put together eye look with minimal effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your CVS doesn't have Bapiste? I thought I saw it at one here. Will have to double check.
    I just love LA Colors shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using the LA Colors Traditional Palette a lot lately! Great shades that are neutral and lots of different looks in 1 palette that costs $1! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to try out that Cherry Blossom facial wash, I've been interested in that brand in a while but never tried anything. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you have one close by, but Ulta sells the Batiste Dry Shampoo. A lot of times it's on sale for buy one get one free. That's when I usually stock up. I am also really liking the John Frieda Dry Shampoo. I'm going to have to try the got2b now, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love the got 2 b dry shampoo. i need to get another bottle this week while it on sale for 5.99 with $2 Up rewards. plus i have a$2 off q from sept All you magazine. I know Avon is not from the drugstore but ive really been loving their new Extralasting foundation. I also recently purchased a blush and highlighter by Rimmel called Autumn catwalk. I also recently tried the Loreal Duble Extend(not the beauty tubes just the regular) in Carbon Black and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right now, I am LOVING WnW's LE The Gilded Age eyeshadow trio (I picked it up at a CVS maybe two weeks ago, so they are still out there!), Maybelline's Dream Mousse Blush in Peach Satin (a warm peach blush that is creamy and very easy to apply), L'Oreal's Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Brown (easily a holy grail item for me!) and Pixel's nail polish color Spy Wears (my version of Chanel's Graphite, since I can't seem to find Revlon's Carbonite).

    I also love Suave's Dry Shampoo, I will have to try out got2b's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the total opposite experience with the OLAY/Covergirl products. My blush separated and wouldn't blend. So did other blushes from the collection. This was when they first came out, so maybe they changed the formula?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love:

    Wet n Wild shadow single in Brulee. I wear it everyday! It is great all over to prep your eye for hard to blend shadows or to cover darkness on the lid. It's also excellent for blending out edges where you went overboard lol!!!

    Jordana Easy Shine glosses- these are so awesome and they carry them at Walgreens now....YAY! (or Kmart) They leave a bit of color on the lip and they taste delicious. My 2 faves are Cotton Candy and Watermelon Juice.

    Revlon Colorstay Foundation- It's my drugstore HG foundation. My color is Buff.

    Schick Intuition Razor- OMG it's like rubbing a stick of butter on your leg. Not that you're greasy after you shave, the razor feels like nothing when you run it up your leg. I LOVE it! It lasts a long time and smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just picked up all the Organix Cherry Blossom line! -well- almost all of it everything but the cleansing milk because I am extremely wary of facial washes due to my extremely dry, flaky, sensitive skin. So I could not pick that product up but it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i looove this series~~ what do you use for the blush? fingers/brush/etc? :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there. I wish I had the luck you have had with Olay Blush as mine dried around the edges so when I dip my stippling brush in it (hardly touching it) it falls out. The moisuturizing swirls have also separated from the color and started to do it within a month of owning it. I had it closed completely and wonder if I got one that was defective or left open too long while during manufacturing or something. I may write to Cover Girl or try to exchange because the color really is pretty and I like the results. It is true that they are drugstore, but drugstore costs aren't what they were ten years ago. I would want this to last longer. I really liked the CVS Makeup Remover when I used it a while back. I am having some problems with adult acne AGAIN after being "cured" for a while with an upcoming skin care vid. It seems my skin becomes used to the products and they work wonderfully for several months then it is over. Like my love of my life just moves out...lol Thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted to love the CVS makeup remover but its terrible for me! I have to tug so much and go over the eye way too many times. I actually think the Target brand eye makeup remover is the best

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been looking for a new eye makeup remover. I'll check out CVS's. I hope it doesn't sting. ]:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just came back here to say that I bought CVS's oil-free eye makeup remover and it did NOT sting my eyes!!! =D

    It took off my makeup very well too.

    Even though it is oil-free, the liquid felt a tad bit oily (or something *like* oil) right after application. But I always wash my face after anyways, so that was no biggie.

    Thanks for the recommendation! ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig