Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, August 5, 2011

Swatches: NYC Liquid Lipshines

For my full review of this new lipgloss line from NYC, including a look at the applicator and a description of the texture, please click here.

Today I've got five additional shades to show you!

NYC Liquid Lipshines
(retail: $2.50)
I swear, the fantastic new formulations of lipglosses at the drugstore these days are slowly turning me into a lipgloss girl! As I mentioned in my original review, I love the texture, fragrance, flavor and performance of these Liquid Lipshines, so I was very excited to receive additional shades to show you.

Usually when I receive several shades of a particular product for review, I can easily pick out a favorite, and there are usually a few shades that just don't work for me. So what's surprising here is that I truly love them all.


Three out of the five glosses here contain shimmer, but the shimmer in Fashion Ave Fuchsia and Nude York City is more of a subtle sparkle--no big chunky glitter. The shimmer in Brighton Beach Peach is that neat type of light-reflecting shimmer that helps keep it from being frosty. It's gorgeous in person.

Definitely enlarge this photo to get a better look:


If forced to pick a favorite, this is totally going to surprise you but I'd have to go with Fashion Ave Fuchsia. Shocking for me, I know! 


Wine n Dine: 

The most opaque of the bunch, this one veers into liquid lipstick territory, but without the heaviness of a liquid lipstick. In person, this is a bit more wine-colored than my pictures indicate. It's absolutely perfect for fall, and on my NC20 skintone it's not overly bright or bold--it's really the perfect blue-based red lip for me.

Fashion Ave Fuchsia:  

Oh where do I begin with this one? In the tube, it seems like a super-bright fuchsia; the type I would normally pass right over at the drugstore. But on my lips, this shade takes on a milky quality, yet it's also got that pretty sparkle to it. It's just sheer enough to be wearable for me, and even though I usually cannot pull off blue-based pinks, the sheer milky quality of this one makes it so much easier to wear. If you're afraid of fuchsias, I think this one might convert you.

Brighton Beach Peach:

Lots of gorgeous light-reflecting shimmer in this one! I was so scared that this peachy-nude was going to turn frosty on me, but NO. Not frosty at all--just a beautiful, shimmery peachy-nude that works so well for me on light makeup days. 

Nude York City: 

A nude that doesn't turn chalky or look like concealer on my lips. Yes! I love that this color has a touch more brown in it than other nude glosses I own, which seem to have more pink in them. This one's so versatile--great with no makeup or with a smoky eye.

I hope this post helps those of you who are considering picking up a few of these glosses--so far I have yet to encounter a shade that I wouldn't wear on regular basis. They're just so easy and so wearable--especially at just $2.50 a pop.

You can find NYC Liquid Lipshines are Rite Aid, Walmart and select CVS, Target and Sears locations. To see where they're available in your area, click the "store locator" tab on the NYC website.

Do you already own any NYC Liquid Lipshines? If so, what shade(s) do you own, and how do you like them?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. OOOO, looks GREAT. They look great on you! I might have to check these out, the colors are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the NYC Liquid Lipshines! They went from my least favorite (pre-2011 relaunch) drugstore glosses to my most favorite. My favorite shade is Midtown Mulberry which has more of a creme finish. I love everything about them -- the consistency, colors, scent, applicator, and price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, thank you! I have a lot of these and LOVE them (got one or two on sale w/ the new blush sticks, then went back and bought more, haha) but don't have all the ones you swatched - yet, that is :) Current favs I wear all the time are Honey on the Hudson and Big Apple Spice, followed by Rivington Rose and the two LE's from summer, Midtown Mocha and Cosmo Pink. I have Fashion Lane Fuchsia too, but it's quite bright and I'm not used to it on me yet. I need to get Wine and Dine now, so pretty.

    Don't you love the scent of these? mmmmm buttercream frosting... These are easily my favorite lipglosses now. I hope they bring out more colors, I'd love to see a true mauve and a coral. I wouldn't turn down a pinky-nude YLBB or brighter "pinup" type red, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i own nude york city and the peach shade.
    if i do recall, they're a little too sticky for me.
    i'll stick with my NYX lip-glosses..they're the best i've come across.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definetly want Fashion Ave. Fuschia. I have Brighton Peach and love it and the other pink one but i cant remeber the name of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Midtown Mulberry! I love it. It's MLBB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought all of these and love them. The only thing I'd change about them is to copy Chanel with the packaging... otherwise they are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sold! going to be looking for these next time I need an inexpensive pick me up! I may end up with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought Brighton Beach Peach 'cos I wanted a pale peach color, still on the search for one but that one's not bad

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig