Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, May 23, 2011

Spotted: new products from Revlon, Sally Hansen and more (pic heavy)

This drugstore sightings report is a long one, but it's filled with exciting info so let's get right to it:

First of all, most of us are aware of the mini Revlon polish sets that have hit Walgreens (click here to see) but did you know that there are OTHER mini sets at Ulta? My lovely reader Roanna spotted these recently at her Ulta and was kind enough to share:

image credit: Roanna for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Roanna for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Roanna for Nouveau Cheap
image credit: Roanna for Nouveau Cheap

Thanks so much, Roanna, for the heads-up about these other minis!

Next up, I've been hearing reports from several of you that the limited edition Sally Hansen Tracy Reese and Prabal Gurung collections have surfaced at Target, but I just received confirmation TODAY that they've also been spotted at WALGREENS! Yep, they have officially landed at Walgreens, folks! My awesome reader Kellie D. was kind enough to share this pic with us:

image credit: Kellie D. for Nouveau Cheap

Thanks so much, Kellie D., for letting us know that these collections have landed at Walgreens!

Speaking of new polish displays at Walgreens, I finally spotted the newly redesigned Sally Hansen Hard as Nails display at a local Walgreens. I know I already posted a pic of this display (thanks again for that, Dani!) but I thought you might want a closer look at the two layering shades:








Next up, I want to show you some things I spotted recently at CVS:

Have you seen this new eco-themed brush kit from Essence of Beauty?


Also, the new CoverGirl NatureLuxe Mascara has landed at CVS:




Over at Rite Aid, I spotted some other new displays:

New Revlon Age Defying Makeup





I'm trying not to get TOO excited about this new Revlon foundation, but let me tell you that I tried the tester on the back of my hand, and WOW WOW WOW. All the little wrinkles on my hand seemed to instantly look erased, and it didn't settle into my fine lines at all. The skin on my hand looked airbrushed! I am SO excited to try this--I haven't been this excited about a new foundation since CoverGirl Natureluxe!


And finally, I spotted a FULL display of the limited edition Wet n Wild Sweet Spot polishes (exclusive to Rite Aid). These first started surfacing a few months ago, so I was shocked to find a new, full display just the other day! So for those of you who thought you missed this one, it looks like certain Rite Aids are just now putting it out, so be on the lookout for it!

Thanks for reading, and if you have spotted or tried anything listed in this post, let us know!
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. I JUST saw that first mini Revlon set at Big Lots today for $2.50 I believe? Might've been $2. I didn't buy it because I have so many similar colors. But just an FYI in case it's cheaper at Big Lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that silver sally hansen glitter looks like nyc"s stary silver glitter 105a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh i saw that display at Rite aid for the makeup. I really wanna try it as I have larger pores and a few wrinkles on my forehead. Hopefully revlon will be 40% off next week at Rite Aid and their will be a couon in Sundays paper lol.Is this foundation at any other store yet or just Rite Aid? i might have saw it at Wags too but cant remember. I saw those new Cover Girl Intense Shadow Blasts with the built in primer at my CVS. Also they had the Bloom collection that they are just now putting out and the has the Mermaid collection as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does that Essence of Beauty kit have an eyeliner brush in it. Ive been wanting a new eyeliner brush and was thinking about getting the Ecotols one. But this kit looks interesting. I have the Sonia kashuk bent eyeliner brush and its good but the point is so fine. Does anyone have a good recommendation for an eyeliner brush that is affordable. Some of the high def brushes at walmart look nice. The blush brush in that collection is so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam: What a great tip! Thanks so much! :D

    anna: excellent call! I KNEW it looked familiar! :)

    ashwillis83: My favorite eyeliner brush of all time, and the ONLY one I ever use, is this one:

    http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/brushes/brushes_and_applicators/small_smudge_brush

    It's technically a smudge brush, but I use it for all of my cream and gel liners I swear it's better than any other brush I own (for me, at least). Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAH I hope I find that WnW polish display at my Rite Aid! Would it be terrible to have searching for nail polish be the only thing I did today?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious as to what will be the break-out color this summer from SH's Complete Manicure collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, that WNW polish display was in my Rite Aid like a month ago - it's now sold out! I got several of them and swatched them for the blog, they're wicked cute.
    I did get some close up photos of the new SH Complete Salon Manicure, if you'd like them just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was lucky to find Eel Skin today @ my local Walgreens. Overpriced, of course, but I couldn't pass it up. I got the 3 others I wanted when they first showed up @ Target for $5.

    ReplyDelete
  10. G, is that brush also good for smudging. Im looking for a good smudge brush.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have me curious about the new Revlon foundation. I like that it has 20 SPF. I currently use revlon colorstay with a separate 35 spf sunblock underneath and it feels a bit much some days.
    @Ashwillis-- were u kidding about wishing for the RA 40% off next week? Because I checked i heart rite aid, and Revlon eye lip and face products are all 40 percent off starting 5/29!! Now for some coupons to materialize....

    ReplyDelete
  12. G, I don't think that's the full display for Wet n Wild? I thought it was supposed to be 12 colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The 2 Revlon Mini Sets spotted at Ulta aren't new releases, actually. They first appeared around holiday 2010 season or a little before (I saw them first at Kmart during the holidays).

    Notice that the color names on those mini sets are either "wintery" references or are the crème "halves" of the four pairs of crème + corresponding glitter top coat pairs (all sold individually, however) which Revlon released for holiday 2010 as well.

    The four crème + glitter pairs were:
    - Ruby (red crème) + Slipper (glitter)
    - Silver (gray crème) + Belle (glitter)
    - Rock (purple crème) + Star (glitter)
    - Lunar (black crème) + Galaxy (glitter)

    Anyway, HTH! :)

    ~Ruthie

    P.S. I sighted the new Tracy Reese and Prabal Gurung SH Collections at Target and Walgreens Friday and Saturday. Spotted the new SH Crackle Overcoats at 2 Walgreens Friday and Saturday and the new SH Hard as Nails at 1 Walgreens on Saturday!!! :D The one HAN glitter reminded me immediately of NYC Starry Silver Glitter and the other looks like it might be similar to the old (but gorgeous!) Cover Girl Iceslicks Pink Ice!!! Havne't tried them yet but I plan to! :D Also, the WnW Sweet Spot Collection has never surfaced in my area and I'm doubting it ever will since we do not have ANY Rite Aids here (not for several states around!)... *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Has anyone seen these new revlon mini sets at walgreens?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I HAVE to get a few colors from the Tracy Reese for Sally Hansen collection.

    The Sally Hansen Hard As Nails w/ the pink & blue chunky glitter looks EXACTLY like N.Y.C's "Starry Silver" except the SH has silver microglitter.

    Is that a neon yellow from Wet 'n Wild?! OMGAH! I NEED to get that!!!!

    xo Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wore the SH Coral Fever this weekend, and I love it. The color is very flattering to my skin tone. I think the Target closest to me must have sold out of all the new colors the first weekend they were displayed. They were on sale for $5.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is the hard as nails a remodel of hard as nails extreme wear then?

    ReplyDelete
  18. i heard from two people that the new Revlon foundation has SPARKLES in it!!

    MEH :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Joanna thank u i didnt know you could see the upcoming sells in advance on i heart rite aid. Ill definetly be picking up this foundation coupon or not. But a coupon would be nice. I had a $2 off one but it expired last week :-(

    ReplyDelete
  20. ashwillis83: Oh, I thought you said you were looking for an eyeliner brush? Anyway, yes, it works great for both smudging AND lining (for me, but of course your results may vary). And YAY for Joanna telling you about the Almay sale next week (thanks, Joanna!). I've mentioned a few times on my blog that the "I Heart" websites post the future sales a few weeks in advance--sorry if you missed that.

    Courtney: No, the Xtreme Wears are totally different. This new new collection is a revamp of the original Hard as Nails polishes (you can see the old style here:
    http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/hard-nails-color)

    As you can see, the bottle is now a little bit more narrow, and the font looks different, but the new bottles still look a bit similar to the old version (but so many new color options!). I'm assuming they've improved the formula as well. Hope that clears it up for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well i was thinking about purchasing one to use for liner and one for smudging out liner. Is it the small smudge brush?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig