Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spotted: new Revlon nail color collections

I recently spotted the two newest Revlon polish displays at Walgreens but, before I get into the pics, I want to personally thank some lovely readers. First, I'd like to thank Roanna, Marlena, Beth and Kali for sending info and pics of these new Revlon mini polish sets! Since many of you seem to be finding these in your areas, I think it's safe to say these are available to all who want them. Thanks so much, ladies, for the great info--it helps SO much to know when you've spotted things, so that we all can have a better idea of accessibility.

Next, I want to thank Tara, who tweeted me a pic of the newest collection of Top Speed shades. She put this one on my radar, and I was so happy to find it in my area since I didn't even know of its existence until her tweet. Thanks, Tara!

And finally, speaking of Walgreens, I want to thank my reader Joyce for alerting me to the fact that Walgreens gives a 15% discount to those in the military (including spouses!). All you have to do is show your military-issued ID to receive the discount. I had no idea they did this, so thanks again, Joyce, for the heads-up. That extra 15% on top of a sale (and/or coupons) can really help with added savings!

On to the polishes:


 Revlon Mini Polish Sets
(retail: $7.99)

 Garden Party Set
(Waterfall, Sparkle and Garden)


 Tea Party Set
(Butterfly, Moss and Tulip)

Just a reminder: these are mini bottles, not full-size. They actually aren't terribly small in real life though, so I think it's a good value at $7.99.

 Revlon Top Speed Nail Enamel - New Summer Shades
(retail: $5.99 each)


 Left to right: Stone Wash,  Luxe Laque, Modern Grace, Wind Fall


Left to right: Polished, Mock Snob, Gold Rush, Super Natural

I thought it was interesting that the shade Super Natural (the lime green) looks a lot like the lime green in the mini set, Garden.  I'm happy to see another champewter shade (I still love Alyson for coining that phrase!) in Gold Rush. I also love that soft lavender shade, Modern Grace.

What do you think, lovely readers? Do you already own any of the above polishes? If not, are you thinking about picking up any of these new shades? I'd love to hear from you either way!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I LOVE the idea of mini polishes in sets, because I never want to buy a full sized bottle of one color! I never use it up! But 3 little bottles? Ohhh yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could bring myself to buy Revlon! The colors are pretty but after my poor experience with Perplexed (chipped like a fiend!) and allergic reactions to their eye make-up, I just skip their aisle in the stores. I'll have to find dupes in my stashes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the blue set @ Walgreens last week. It's the perfect size! Someone on another nail blog posted that all of the colors in the minis are dupes for new full size colors, even though they have different names. So, Super Natural is the same as Garden and Lagoon is the same as Waterfall. Butterfly also looks to be the same as Mock Snob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome ^__^ I still can't believe I spent so much at Walgreens before I even knew about this discount! I'm glad my husband asked xP

    But omg I must have those mini polish sets. I'm such a sucker for polish sets. Remember all the ones from China Glaze's holiday 2010 collection? I bought all of them loooolll. I'm not even that much of a Revlon polish fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Militaty discount at Walgreens?! OMG that's amazing. I was planning on heading there tomorrow. I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue in the Garden Party set (Waterfall) is the same as the Blue Lagoon in the new full size displays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy I have to get my butt to Walgreens ASAP!!!! I love a good mini set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Super Nature and it's a great color if you like weird greens (which I do)! :D Shade is great and the opacity and texture is really nice as well!

    I also wonder if Revlon Super Nature might be a dupe or close dupe for Illamasqua Radium from the Illamasqua Spring 2011 Toxic Nature Collection?? I don't have Radium so can't compare them side-by-side myself...

    Some gals have reported trouble with application (not opaque enough or formula difficult to work with) and/or wear (chipping, etc.) when wearing Revlon polish but I haven't experienced this... Revlon polish usually isn't the *most* exciting color-wise (with the possible exception of a few in the collection that has Super Nature and the Top Speed line) but otherwise they "just work" for me... No fuss, just reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm shocked at the price! I paid only $4.97 CDN which is regular price for these mini sets!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig