Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spotted: new Mood Struck polishes at Rite Aid

A huge thanks to my pal Gaby for this one--she just spotted the new Mood Struck mood polishes at Rite Aid:

image credit: Gaby for Nouveau Cheap
Mood Struck nail polishes
(retail: $3.99 each)

If these are anything like Clarie's Mood Polishes or In the Mood Polishes, color me IN! For just $3.99, these will be my first attempt at mood polishes on my poor little nubs (most of my nails broke recently and they're very sad). Since these polishes react to temperature changes, I don't think I'll see much of a difference in color since I have literally have no nails that grow beyond my nail bed at this point. From what I've seen, the color really changes the further up the tip (away from your body) you go. So...maybe not a wise investment for my nubbins. But if I spot them at my Rite Aid, I'll pick up a bottle for when (if) my nails grow longer.

Have you spotted these mood polishes at your local Rite Aid? Do you own any? I think it's interesting to note that the maker of this line is Blue Cross, which is also the manufacturer of those Lay it on Me polishes I reviewed a couple years ago. Let's hope their mood polishes perform better than the layered ones!

Thanks again, Gaby, for the great sighting!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I tried these last summer from Meijers, I was not impressed and ended up returning them. They didnt change color on my nails medium length, nore in water. Claires is waaaay better. Spend the extra money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the same mood polishes you can get at Forever 21 where they go for under $3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Alli said- i bought three of these from Forever 21 for under $3, but they only had Teal, Pink, And a Purple shimmer. This display looks like there are more colors! I had a good experience getting these to change- i'd definitely buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canadians will be glad to know that Winners carries Mood Struck nail polishes at $6.99 for a pack of 3, I spotted them last Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Canadians will be glad to know that Winners carries Mood Struck nail polishes at $6.99 for a pack of three :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ended up picking up three of these last weekend, the sparkly purple one, a green creme, and a sparkly light blue one. To my surprise the purple and the green had a nice amount of color change on the tips that I swatched them on (I've got fairly decently long nails). The blue was a bit of a dud when it came to color shifting, but at least it was a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting.... these look exactly like the Island Girl color changing polish I picked up in Hawaii. It is also made by Blue Cross. I think I see the same one I have in the upper left of the picture. I was confused by the polish because UV light didn't cause it to change colors. I noticed it changed colors in the shower, so I figured it was heat activated. Guess that would make sense if it is a mood polish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to try a cheap mood polish! Rite Aid here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look tiny, but I can't wait to see the swatches.

    xo Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought this Mood Struck polish at Five Below and the were 2 for $5.00

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw these at Meijer last year, I think. I liked them but they chipped so quickly. Here's my reviews on a couple of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried a few of the old colours from Meijer. They are a little on the thick side but did change colour on my nails (check my swatches). It's good that Rite Aid has them now, so more people can have access to them

    ReplyDelete
  13. I picked one up, but I haven't tried it yet. They also have Mood Changing lipgloss but it was a little spendy so I gave it a pass. As soon as I'm done playing with the holo frankens I made I'll bust this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They have these at our local Fred Meyer! I picked up a bottle of Purple Holo to Blue Holo since it reminded me of RBL's Scrangie. I figured if it didn't change color at least it was a pretty color. However it does change color! =D It turned a lovely blue during my bath and 15minutes after my bath now it's slowly starting to turn back to purple. I think I'll pick up a few more bottles.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig