Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 1, 2011

First look and review: New Degree MotionSENSE Motion Activated Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant

I'm thrilled to be able to give you a first look at the newest antiperspirant-deodorant from Degree before it hits store shelves. I was fortunate enough to receive this new product for review recently, and boy did it come in handy with the current heat wave we're experiencing in Southern California. I was really able to put it to the test, so I'd love to share my thoughts with you.


I've been a huge fan of Degree for many years (decades, actually), because when it comes to serious protection, I consider Degree the "big guns". Sure, I can use other deodorants when the weather's cooler, but if I need to step things up during hot weather, I find that no other brand gives me the confidence I need quite like Degree. Plus, I just so happen to love their fragrances, which is always an added bonus.

Degree MotionSENSE Motion Activated
Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant in Fresh Energy

This is a new technology from Degree, and the product contains "microencapsulated fragrance technology that gives an instant release of freshness when you move." Looking at the above photo, you can't see the microcapsules, but trust me, they're there.


The scent, Fresh Energy, is a lovely, soapy fragrance that, to my nose, just smells fresh and clean. Since that's my favorite type of fragrance for deodorant, I was quite happy to use it.

At first swipe, I can really smell this product, but once it adjusts to my skin, it's not an in-your-face fragrance. For testing purposes, I used this during both hot and cold weather and I was sure to stay active and pay close attention to any changes. I can now confirm that when I really start to use my arms (cleaning the house, taking out the trash, etc.) I can notice a little burst of fragrance. It's not jarring in a "wow, what's the smell?" type of way, but if my nose is anywhere close to my under-arm region, I can smell this product and it's both pleasant and reassuring.

When I'm in a resting position, I don't notice it, but once I start moving around, I can actually tell it's working if I "take a sniff". I even had Mr. G take several random sniffs (poor guy--the things I ask him to do all in the name of this blog!) and he never once detected anything unpleasant.

FINAL VERDICT: In all types of weather, I find that I can go a full 24 hours using the new Degree MotionSENSE Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant and feel confident in doing so. As the day goes on, I can detect the fragrance of this product when I'm active, and it comes in light bursts which are pleasant and reassuring. I think this is a nice new addition to the Degree range of products, and definitely one that I will use when I need the "big guns" in terms of protection. It keeps me dry and worry-free, and if you're the type of person who would like an extra bit of "reassurance" when wearing an anti-perspirant, I would definitely consider giving this product a whirl.

Do you use Degree products? Are you curious about trying the MotionSENSE?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. yay! i love degree. i recently stopped using it in favor of "secret clinical" which i realized about 6 months in that it just didn't work for me. i wish i would have figured out earlier that it simply wasn't strong enough! i am back to degree, and i don't plan on changing any time soon! (boy, that was passionate, wasn't it. who knew I was passionate about deoderant?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the coming of Summer (dangit!) a deodorant that preforms is crucial. I will test this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. =] I'm going to have to try this and see how it agrees with my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Degree is my favorite! Nouveau Cheap strikes again, thanks! I'm definitely buying this when I need to restock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. j: Wow, we're deodorant twinsies! Who knew? LOL!

    Kimberly: Dangit is right. LOL! I'd love to know how this works for you if you try it. :)

    Manda: You are so welcome! I'd love to know if it works for you!

    AKB: Awww, thank you, honey! I agree with you--Degree rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like something I need to try!

    I suffer from the dreaded 'one arm pit sweats' syndrome and we all know that isn't fun.

    Currently trying Dove Mens unscented deodorant. I should know within a week if this actually works for me. If not, this one is most def going on the try list.

    Thanks for the review G!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a nurse and a lot of the time I'm constantly running around for the whole 12 hour shift. Before discovering this deodorant, I had to reapply to "freshen up" - but with this MotionSENSE deodorant, I still smell nice and fresh by the end of the work day :) I love the scent, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig