Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, December 4, 2010

Spotted: New Revlon CustomEyes Mascara

I've seen a lot of adjustable mascaras in my time. The first one I can remember is the legendary Maybelline Dial-A-Lash, which released in 1981:



Dial-A-Lash was so popular that I actually know people who are still quite upset that it was discontinued.

But now it seems that everything old is new again. And with that, we have the new Almay One Coat Dial Up Mascara, and now this one, by Revlon.

But warning: this one has a unique twist!

image credit: Carla for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon CustomEyes Mascara

(My awesome reader Carla spotted this display at her local Bed Bath and Beyond and was kind enough to send a pic my way. Thanks so much, Carla!)

Unlike the classic Dial-A-Lash and the new Almay One Coat Dial Up, Revlon CustomEyes Mascara has an adjustable BRUSH. The other two mascaras I mentioned have an adjustable formula, meaning you can control how much product is distributed onto your brush. But with Revlon CustomEyes, you can adjust the bristles on the BRUSH.

Looking at the display, you can see that there are two settings for the brush. You can click once for "length and drama" or click twice for "length and definition", resulting in "two lash looks with one adjustable brush".

I've gotta admit: I'm intrigued. I can't recall ever seeing another drugstore mascara with an adjustable brush before, so I think this one will definitely be worth a try when it goes on sale (which you know it will, eventually!). When I pick it up, you know I'll review it for you!

What do you think? Are you intrigued by the idea of an adjustable mascara brush? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I am always trying new mascaras! I don't know why but it seems like when something new comes out in 'mascara-world' I gotta jump on! :p I definitely can't wait to try this. My current fav is Fresh cosmetics Supernova Mascara :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that does sound intriguing. Good thing Revlon's been improving their mascaras because that's the only thing they lack that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. I will be keeping an eye open for this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting. I just bought a a mascara from Maybelline (Volum Express One by One), which I've never seen till now at CVS. I tried it and I have to say it's quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I've never tried a Revlon mascara before, but this one looks worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You forgot about the Spectra lash mascara by Avon, where the amount is adjustable, but not the brush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that commercial!! lol wow how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lua: I'd love to know what you think if you try this one!

    cjx: Ah, I see you're in the camp of people who think Revlon mascaras aren't that hot. I actually like several of their formulas, so I'll have to disagree with ya there. :)

    nicoletta: Let me know what you think if you try it! :)

    Zoe: Oooh, is that a new VE? I seriously cannot keep up with how many different variations of Volume Express are out there. lol!

    Massachusetts Mask: I actually just reviewed the Revlon Grow Luscious, and I would definitely recommend that one for your first Revlon mascara. :)

    U: Actually, I didn't forget, I just said that there were MANY adjustable mascaras out there and listed just two of them. But thanks for the info!

    Persephone: Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig