Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, December 4, 2010

Spotted: New Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation SPF15

There are a TON of new foundations being unleashed into the drugstores this month, so this is just one of several that I'm going to be featuring in the next few days. I spotted this display at a local CVS and the minute I saw it, I thought, "Here we go!" It appears that "true match" foundations are back in a big way for 2011 (we've already got L'Oreal True Match, CoverGirl TruBlend, etc.) and I mentioned back in September that Maybelline's about to launch a line called "Fit Me" which is also based on the "true match" concept.

So here's Rimmel's version, the new Match Perfection Foundation SPF15:

New Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation SPF15
(retail: $8.99 at CVS)

I didn't catch how many ounces are in this bottle, but it looks pretty standard to me. I like the bottle shape a lot--in person it's long and thin and wouldn't take up much room on a vanity. It reminds me of the MAC Select SPF15 foundation bottle, but taller and, obviously, with a different cap. But both bottles have that slightly tapered look to them (as opposed to Revlon ColorStay, for example, which goes straight up and down with no tapering).


According to the display, this foundation promises "Truer, Fresher Colour" which apparently can be attributed to blue sapphire, "Smart-Tone" and oxygen.

The eight shades in this display are, from left to right:
Ivory, True Ivory, Warm Ivory, Soft Beige, Classic Beige, Sand, Nude, Warm Sand

Have you seen this new Rimmel foundation in your area yet? Have you tried it or do you think it's something you might consider? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I recently saw these at CVS, and I have to say the color choices were disappointing. Rimmel seems to always make their foundations for a limited range of skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this is a very moisturizing foundation; so I'm excited to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm moisturizing sounds good for my dry skin however, rimmel is always too dark for me in the lightest colour so I am weary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I saw another new Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation and Rimmel blushing too at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig