Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Spotted: New displays from City Color and Starry

I guess it's my inner 13-year-old, but every time I spot new, fun, cheapie makeup displays at the drugstore, I get kind of giddy. I just love seeing the latest offerings from these lesser-known brands, because I always have the hope that there's a hidden gem in one of these collections!

I spotted these new displays at various Rite Aids around town, so let's take a peek:

 City Colors Lip Gloss
(retail: $1.49)

I should have actually looked at the back of one of these to find the official name, because I don't think these are just simply called "Lip Gloss". I mean, how boring would that be?

I find these adorable in a tacky, ironic 80's kind of way. Sure they're aimed at little girls, but I'd rock one!


 City Color Eye Shadow
(Retail: $2.99)

There's no way these are just called "Eye Shadow". I'm kicking myself for not turning one over to see the name. 

These are REALLY eye-catching because there are various "jewels" embossed into the face of these shadows, and the "jewels" are super shimmery (though I'm willing to bet that the shimmery parts are just over-spray).  

Either way, these are gorgeous in person, I must admit!


 You can kind of see, if you look at the shadow on the right, that the "jewel" in the upper left corner is super sparkly. Isn't that adorable?

 Starry Deluxe Eyeshadow
(retail: unknown--but I'm guessing around $2.99 - $3.99)

What caught my eye about these is the sort of beveled lid on these palettes. It's a departure from what we're used to seeing from brands like this, and I have to say that the colors in this green palette are kind of  impressive:

I love that golden-olive green, and the mossy green too.

So, have you spotted any of these new displays in your area? Do you own anything from City Color or Starry? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I am so jealous!!! We don't have Rite aid and I've never lived anywhere that did so these are a new brand to me. I need those Gloss'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lip-shaped glosses are really adorable... and cheap, too! I would love to buy some of those for some of my young cousins and nieces(and maybe one or two for me....)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evil Angel: Awww, I am so sorry you don't have Rite Aids in your area. I wish I could magically open a Rite Aid for everyone who doesn't live near one. :(

    Lace Escapades: I know, they are super cheap! You're tempting me to go back and get one. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't own anything from City Color. It's my 1st x hearing of the brand. I'd totally collect those adorable lip cases!

    I own 1 Starry Boutique 36 e/s palette. I also have 2 of their blusher/bronzer palettes. I won a Giovi Baked Powder from a YT makeup contest. I do believe that Giovi & Starry are manufactured by the same brand.

    I bought my Starry stuff from RICH ON INC. I LOVE the pigmentation & texture of their e/s. I have neglected my bronzers from them. They are gorgeous. Thanks for reminding me I had them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought the Starry Deluxe Eyeshadow with the brown shades. It was $1.99 at Rite Aid

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green eyeshadow shades look gorgeous! I don't have any Rite-Aids in my area; any idea where else I could get this? Is it sold online?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm SO SO SO happy to have finally found these eyeshows (starry deluxe color eyeshadow) I've been looking for sets like these everrwhere!...(the shiny but not liquid or in a stick) this are actually shiny powder! I usually shop MAC AND SEPHORA! and i could never find what i was looking for.......and today i walked in rite aid and saw this i boutht 5 different sets!......i'm still in shock and they are only 1 $ something..OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw all those at Rite Aid today. I sneaked a couple of swatches of the two purple City Color ones. not that great -_- I don't trust eyeshadow palettes that don't have names. lol

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig