Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, November 27, 2010

More MAC dupes in the Wet n Wild Pixie Holiday palettes!

In the culinary world there are things that just go together: salt and pepper, vinegar and oil, mashed potatoes and gravy and the list goes on. In MAC eyeshadow history, two legendary shades that always seem to go hand-in-hand are Vex and Club. I remember hearing about this pairing probably ten years ago and since then, I can't count how many times I've heard the words "Vex" and "Club" together in the same sentence. It's just a winning combo that has withstood the test of time.

I've blogged about the MAC Club dupe in the Wet n Wild Night Elf palette (click here if you missed it) but leave it to my amazing reader Blai to discover that, along with Club, there is also a Vex dupe in the very same palette. Genius!

Blai sent me some pics to back up her discovery and after looking at these, I'm convinced that Wet n Wild made a brilliant move by giving us dupes of this winning combo together in one palette:

image credit: Blai for Nouveau Cheap

It's been a long time since I've owned Vex but, according to Blai, in person Vex is a tad bit more pink than the shade from the Night Elf palette, but it's also more sheer. So you're actually getting a more pigmented shade in the Wet n Wild palette. For $4.99, getting both a dupe of Vex and Club is, well, incredible! Thanks SO much, Blai, for the great discovery and photos!

Next up, I made a pretty obscure dupe discovery of my own the other day in the Wet n Wild Golden Goddess palette. This probably isn't going to mean squat to anyone but me (and maybe a few of you other bronze-eyeshadow-obsessed lovelies out there) but I'm SO happy about this that I just had to share:


In 2001, MAC released the Eden Rocks collection (which still might be my favorite MAC collection of all time). In Eden Rocks, they released a Sheer Shimmer Powder called Sound Trip, and for me it was love at first sight. In fact, I started to get scared that if it ever went away, I'd be devastated, so I stopped using it altogether and just coveted it from a distance (yeah, I don't understand the logic in that but hey, it was a long time ago).

Every once in a while I'll lovingly take it out to admire it, but the one thing I've failed to do all these years is find a good dupe of it. Every other bronze in my vast bronze collection either has too much orange, not enough pink or too much brown in it to be a decent dupe. Until now! The color in the Golden Goddess palette has JUST the right amount of pink in it (in real life) to make this a fantastic Sound Trip dupe. Sure Sound Trip has more shimmer to it, but I don't care. This is the closest I've come to a solid dupe in over ten years.

Yay for the Wet n Wild Pixie Holiday palettes! They are truly the gift that keeps on giving!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I canNOT believe I found some in a display at Wags today! I finished off my 4 with getting Snow Sprite! That's a lot of money saved on dupes like these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try these out (if/when I find them!) I'm so glad you keep posting dupes up for us! Though I have vex and it's more of a grey than the one in Night Elf in my opinion. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Pixie Collection has been filled with dupes! Thank you for sharing these.
    I've been wearing the heck out of Golden Goddess lately. It looks so festive with a red or burgundy lip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the Golden Goddess palette because of that amber fire shade! Hope to find it somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( are these in canada yet? i've searched high and low for them on the shevles but just cant seem to find them! :( i have all the ones from their permanent collection and they are just amazing! best drugstore palettes for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow had no idea the golden color in Night Elf was another MAC dupe!! That's my favorite color in the palette- it looks so amazing against my blue eyes. I get so many compliments whenever I wear it! Thanks for all the dupe info!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only seen the holiday palettes in ONE store but they were sold out -except for one. I need to find these!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig