Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, October 30, 2010

Spotted at CVS: lots of new products!

I've got TONS to show and tell you about today, so let's get right to it:

First up, at CVS, I spotted the new Revlon Top Speeds (click here for a closer look at these), and they're in a wall display with the newest Revlon PhotoReady product, PhotoReady Compact Makeup:


Revlon PhotoReady Compact Makeup
(Also in this display: Grow Luscious mascaras that come with a free Revlon eyeshadow single.)

But back to the new PhotoReady Compact Makeup, this is a cream-to-liquid foundation that dries to a powder finish and comes in eight shades. I didn't purchase one, but I've had about a dozen people tell me about this product in the past two days (thanks to everyone who contacted me about that!), and the coolest thing about this product seems to be the fact that there's a netting/screen that sits on top of the product and, according to my lovely reader AffordableBeauty, "you push down on it and the product comes up through the screen." Someone on Twitter just tweeted me a pic of it and I have to say, it looks really cool! With my oily skin, I can't usually pull off cream foundations, but I might have to give this one a whirl. Let me know what you think if you've tried it...please!

Next up, I've had a few of you tell me that there is ANOTHER Revlon Fire & Ice display (click here for my pics of first one I spotted) and I finally found this infamous second display! The only new product that is in the second display and NOT in the first is the special "Revlon Vintage" Fire & Ice lipstick which comes in a special vintage-inspired case:

Revlon Vintage
Fire & Ice Lipstick

For those unaware, Fire & Ice was the very first shade of lipstick produced by Revlon. Thus, the special treatment!


The display that contains this specially-packaged Fire & Ice lipstick is a large floor-display and at the bottom, there are some eyeshadow singles (nothing new--these are all core collection shades):


Next up, we have a new Maybelline Limited Edition Eye Studio display:

NOTE: There's a tear-pad on this display with coupons for $3 off when you by two Eye Studio products!


All of these shadows say "limited edition" on the label, so if you fall in love with one, get it while you can!

Next up, my pal Kimberly from Libby's Pink Vanity sent me over a pic of another NYX display she spotted at her CVS, and this one is a combo display of the other two I've shown you recently, as it contains both the Jumbo Pencils AND the Glitter Cream Palettes (disregard the polish--I'm pretty sure that's a Sinful Colors bottle):

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap

Thanks so much for the pic, Kimberly!

Next up, also at CVS, I spotted some new limited edition Essence of Beauty fragrances:


I was surprised to find Winterberry a nice, sweet, wearable fragrance that, to me, smells like one of the various sugar plum holiday fragrances from BBW.

That's it for this report, but please stay tuned because I'm working on a post about all the goodies I've been spotting lately at Marshalls and Dollar Tree, including a list of everything readers have been spotting recently at these two stores, and you don't want to miss that because it's pretty crazy!

In the meantime, have you tried any of the products mentioned above? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. G, feel 100% free to use that picture of my open Revlon PR compact I tweeted you if you are at all interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! I didn't see that Sinful Colors there. Prob because I was worried someone would tell me to stop using my camera in the store. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and my Twitter name is AshleyJazzyBear btw. Here's that pic. I tweeted you in case anyone's interested or you want to use it: http://twitpic.com/32e6qy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to comment again G but I just realized how little comes in the PR compact! It's only .35 oz. compared to the typical 1 oz. for foundations! Not very much for $14!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey thanks for all the info! I'm gonna check out that Revlon foundation :)

    and omg thats blair and elle with nyx, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 0.35 oz is pretty standard for a compact, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOh! I better tell you what I bought at Marshalls then! lol I got Essie Quick-E Dry Drops for $4.99.

    At TJ Maxx I got Elizabeth Arden Eye-Fix Primer also for $4.99. I've only used it once and it did everything you expect from a primer, vivid long lasting no crease color. I haven't used it more often because I'm not used to wearing a primer and keep forgetting! GAH! I mention TJ Maxx because they and Marshalls are owned by the same parent company, so items you find in one, you may also find in the other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta check out CVS soon, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOO OOOOO OOOOOOO!!!! Okay, so now you know that I practically live at Dollar Tree, so there I am hoping that they have put out a few more nail colors, and YES! They have! There was even a different SH Nail Prisms polish, I didn't get it though since it wasn't holo. I'm looking for holo. But there was all kinds of other SH polishes in the duo packs and I got mostly the old Salon ones. The best one is a shade called "Dusk" that is the perfect chocolate brown with that slightly muted mushroom coloring. It's so gorgeous I'm wondering why it wasn't continued into the new Salon line, although I bet there is a dupe or near dupe in the Fall '10 shades. I'll have to go look at those again.

    Anyway, if you went to your Dollar Tree and were sad that all the nail polishes were picked over and you were left with the uglies, check again. Mine put out more and yours might too!

    Anyway, that's not the entire reason I'm dancing in my seat, I look a little farther down the wall and there's a ton of L'Oreal Color Riche lipsticks!!! So many beautiful shades! I got 6 of those and 6 two-packs of the nail colors. I'm as happy as one of those trick or treaters with their bags of goodies this weekend. I got my bag of goodies too! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and G, I put this here because you mention your Dollar Tree and Marshalls post you are working on here, but I know it really should be in the "You Tell Me" post. Truth be told, I'm a little lazy, and that comments thread is killer. You could get carpal tunnel just from scrolling through that, oh yeah, that's it. I'm thinking of my health! It's not that I'm lazy, I'm all about being healthy...yeah yeah that's the ticket!

    So could you please start a new "You Tell Me" post and comments thread. Have mercy on our poor tired fingers and worn out mouses. Besides, there's probably a few lazy types around here too who just won't put in the effort...

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig