Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Review: Nivea Happy Sensation Daily Lotion

A few weeks ago there was a great $3 Nivea Happy Sensation coupon in my weekly Red Plum insert, so I knew I had to hold onto it and wait for a good sale. What I didn't expect was to see this product reduced from $7 to $5 at my local Vons recently. So after the coupon, I was able to snag this bottle for just $2. Yay for coupons and sales!

Nivea Happy Sensation Daily Lotion (retail: around $7, 13.5 oz)

Before I begin this review, I just want to point out that, in the US, the name of this lotion is Happy Sensation Daily Lotion. However, outside the US, this lotion appears to have the name Happy Time Body Lotion and the shape of the bottle is slightly different outside the US as well. Now on to the review!

A while back, I purchased a Nivea body wash which had a trial size bottle of Happy Sensation Daily Lotion attached to it (don't you just LOVE buying one product and getting another for free?). After using the little trial size bottle, I knew I had to get a full-size bottle eventually.

Here's what I love about this lotion. First, it's just so easy. As the bottle indicates (see below) it's got a "silky smooth texture" and it's "light" and "fast-absorbing". Sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I can't be bothered to apply a thicker lotion that takes a lot of time and effort to work into my skin, and if it doesn't absorb quickly, I usually reserve it for nighttime when I have the time to let it sink it. But when I'm getting ready in the morning, nothing's better than being able to apply a lotion quickly and not worry that my skin it going to stick to my clothes if I don't wait a few minutes to let it absorb.


Happy Sensation glides across my skin effortlessly and truly absorbs quickly. And I love the fact that, even though the texture is light, it keeps working throughout the day. I can touch my arms four or five hours after I've applied it and my skin still feels soft and silky.

I'm not going to lie though: if you've got severely dry skin, I would probably suggest using a heavier lotion or body cream. But fortunately for me, San Diego weather has been pretty mild this summer and this lotion has provided the perfect amount of moisture to my arms and legs. Not too heavy, not too light, it's been a winner for me for the past few weeks and I can see myself repurchasing this product when I run out.

Oh, and how can I forget to talk about the fragrance? If you are a fan of the iconic Orange Julius, you've GOT to try this lotion! To my nose, this lotion smells very much like the drink, which just makes it so fun for me to wear. The fragrance is nostalgic and makes me remember being a kid and having my mom drop my friends and me off at the mall for the day. We'd always head to Orange Julius and get our drinks before we started shopping. So, for me, using this lotion truly brings a Happy Sensation!

Have you tried Nivea Happy Sensation Daily Lotion? If so, what do you think of it? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh man.. I could so go for a jumbo Orange Julius right now!

    I agree, this does sink in quickly and does a decent job of moisturizing if you have normal skin. Not so hot for heavy duty moisture here.

    I just wish they made more scents. I would love to have a matching lotion in the apricot and lime blossom scents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this, but a lotion that sinks in quickly and smells like an Orange Julius sounds like just the thing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this sounds lovely! The name makes me snigger though, happy time lotion just sounds so silly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm a lotion that smells like orange julius!

    roxy
    http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoElla: Haha! I'm craving an Orange Julius too, now! And OMG I *completely* agree with you on wishing they made this lotion in other scents. I ADORE the Lime Blossom body wash and it would make an AWESOME lotion. Hopefully they'll come out with that soon! *fingers crossed*

    Zara: Oooh, if you love the scent of Orange Julius, you neeeed this one! lol! ;)

    Lillian: Haha! Yeah, it makes me giggle too. :D

    roxy: Yep. If you sniff it, let me know if you agree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a new follower. I agree with you on this. I also reviewed this product in my blog and it smells so delicious! Thank you for mentioning Orange Julius! I kept wracking my brains before for the familiar scent and now I have an "aha" moment because of your post. Hope you can visit my blog soon, too at www.bitsandtreats.blogspot.com! Will be back reading your posts. = )

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig