Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spotted at Rite Aid: The new Revlon mascara and a lot more...

Since I was so wordy in my last post, I'm going to keep this one simple. Let's get straight to the point and show you what I spotted at Rite Aid last night:

New Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara



Even after staring at this display for about five minutes straight, I am still totally confused by this product. Is it a mascara? A treatment? Both? The packaging on the actual mascara doesn't really tell you much (it doesn't even give you directions, which I thought was odd--maybe they're on the actual tube??). But from what I can tell, this is a mascara that can give you instantly longer, lusher lashes, but then, at the same time, improve the strength of your lashes for the long haul. I think that's what this does. Anyone try it? Thoughts?

I finally spotted the new Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion display. Have you tried this yet? What do you think of it? I'm curious how it compares to the other Lash Blast mascaras.

Have you seen these new Sally Hansen Insta-Smooth Pods? Interesting...

It's been a while since Finesse released some new products, so I was happy to see this new "Hydrate & Recover" line from them! These new formulas contain CoQ10, collagen and antioxidants to repair dry hair, and the bottles are pretty neat as well. Looks promising!

And now for some "I'm so happy these are now part of the permanent collection" news!

Ever since I saw Borghese's Fashionista Collection (click here for my pics) I have been in love with the color in the middle of this picture, Stellare Notte (click here for the lovely Beautopia's swatches). So I was pretty darn excited to see that Borghese has made Stellare Notte a part of their core collection! Yay! Now if they'll add Almondine, Menta and Pistachio to the core collection all will be right with the world. :)

And lookie here! Prestige has added both the new lipsticks and glosses that I reviewed here to their core collection! Yes!! (And they also added My Longest Lashes and My Blackest Lashes to the core collection too!)

And finally, if your Rite Aid hasn't added the new Wet n Wild stuff to their display yet, you might want to hop on over and see if you can pick up the older, discontinued stuff since it's currently all 75% off!

That's it for this report, but as always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of these new goodies!
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Girl you always getting me w/ those pictures. If it wasn't for the picture I wouldn't want it as much. lmao I was @ the Dollar Tree & saw ELF; wish I had my camera then. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the new Cover Girl mascara but it's $10. Maybe I've been living under a rock but it seems as though drugstore mascaras are getting more expensive. They seem to be $7-$10. I know I'm sounding cheap, but it bugs me because I'm a mascara junkie! Blech, I don't know it annoys me. :P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just picked up the LashBlast Fusion on Monday and have tried it a few days now. I'm kind of feeling *eh* on it now, so I'll doing a review in the next day or two...stay tuned!

    As for the new FInesse - I'm loving it. I bought it a few weeks ago, and it smells great, my hair feels fantastic, and is super full and shiny! I remember loving the original formula, so I was so excited to try their new line! It's definitely worth the pick-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! That Revlon stuff sounds amazing-- I'm with you... confused.. but it seems like the L'Oreal mascara with the serum combined, which is actually quite nice since gals tend to wear mascara everyday, no? I tried the new LashBlast Fusion -- review on my site -- but it's a little sub-par. it mimics the original LashBlast, and doesn't add much length. It actually clumped more than I feel a sculpted brush mascara should! Unless you are super-stoked about the original LashBlast, I wouldn't waste money on the new one. =\ Thanks for the pics and updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i got really excited when i saw the new revlon.. but i'm not compelled to buy it for the same reason- not enough info! and i'll try just about anything drugstore to lengthen lashes (currently using l'oreal lash boosting serum).

    i've been using the Lash Blast Fusion for about 2 weeks. I got it with a coupon, so it was about $8.
    i'ts okay....not as wonderful as it sounded, and i was really hoping to have a beautiful purple hg blast!

    i am consistently jealous of how fast your stores get their displays in.. my walgreens just got the Revlon Daydreamer in; wasn't that from last year??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reviewed lash balst fusion here: http://poorcollegestudent-poorcollegestudent.blogspot.com/2010/03/cover-girl-lash-blast-fusion_23.html

    Revlon mascara looks interesting. I heard it is a nice mascara whether it improves lashes or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow (Thursday April 22), Origin's is giving away FREE full size cleansers when you "trade in" your empty (of full) bottle of any skincare item from any brand. You get to choose between "A Perfect World" ($20) or "Checks and Balances" ($18.50.)

    I know it's lot a "cheap" product but it's free for tomorrow. =)

    Just did a post on it:
    http://themakeupdrawer.blogspot.com/2010/04/free-origins-cleanser-for-all.html

    Grab while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got those Sally Hansen pod hair remover things, and I liked them. However, I don't think they are a good value, because you'd get much more product in a multi-use bottle or tube. But I don't have to de-fuzz my lip all that often, so I felt they were worth it. The formula is very gentle and I had no irritation whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got the Grow Luscious today. Cost me $.34 from drugstore.com :) I had $8.65 in drugstore dollars, so I figured, why not?!

    I've had the LB Fusion for about a month. I like it better than the original. I have pics and a mini-review on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Internationally Beautiful: LOL!!! I'm sorry, but it had to be done. ;P And YAY for elf at DT! Love that!

    Stephanie: I totally agree, actually. Best to wait for a good sale and then bust out a coupon on top of it. :)

    ShakeupYourMakeup: Oooh, I will definitely be heading on over to your review! We seem to agree on a lot of mascaras so I know I can totally trust what you say! :) And thanks SO much for the scoop on this new Finesse line! I used to be in love with their normal shampoo (in fact, I have no idea what I don't still use it!) but it's great that they're coming out with new things, and now you've totally made me want to try them! :)

    BeautyMaven: Awww, that sucks about the CG. Thanks for the heads-up! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who's confused about this Revlon product. lol! :)

    Rachel: OMG, yes, the Daydreamer *was* from last year! lol. I just don't understand these drugstores, I tell ya. From what I know, they ALL get these shipments at the same time, but then it's up to the individual locations as to when they want to put up the displays. So...who knows! Thanks for the tip about the CG--I think you're the third person here to say it's just meh. Bummer! :(

    PCS: Argh! How did I miss that? I'll check it out tonight! Thank hun! :)

    kali: Thanks! I was actually sitting on this info since Monday and I posted about it this morning. But it's always great to see others posting about good deals like this as well! :)

    chickadee: Very interesting! You make a good point that you can get a lot more product by just buying a tube, since the packaging on these pods probably takes up a lot of space! Wow, I never thought about that! :)

    JenJen: Oh honey, you paid too much for that. LOL!!!! Seriously? You scored!! I cannot WAIT to see what you think of it! Please please tell me when you post a review, ok? I am so bad at keeping up with everyone's reviews (I apologize in advance for that--I suck!). And thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what - I laugh at your comment about the Finesse, because I don't know why I didn't continue using it either! (And, ironically enough, that is their new commercial campagin!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Rite Aid Clearance =) I picked up a few of those lip slider tins today. Can't beat 74 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ShakeupYourMakeup: OMG, are you serious??? That is hilarious! I need to see the commercials for this now!! lol! Thanks so much for telling me that--what a brilliant idea on their part! :)

    Lisa: Yay!!! You scored!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Recessionista! :-) Happy Friday!
    I did put up a review on the Grow Luscious yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Lash Blast Fusion is nice but I think it is basically the same as the Volume one with a SLIGHT bit more length. I like it but there is no real difference to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the Lash Blast Fusion. I'm a huge fan of the original Lash Blast and couldn't wait to try this one. I got it at Ulta for $8.99 so the price wasn't bad.

    I was a little disappointed. I didn't see much difference between the original and the fusion. Lots of volume but little lengthening. I'll still wear it but I'll be reaching for a different mascara for lengthening.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig