Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, February 1, 2010

Valentine's Day Nail Looks from China Glaze

I'll admit it. February is one of the few times throughout the year that I crave pinks and reds to wear on my nails. Usually I'm drawn to more off-beat shades, but when Valentine's Day rolls around, I always look to the pretty shades that this day of love tends to inspire (and I must admit, I also get a lot of inspiration by just walking down the candy aisle at the drugstore--I love how all the usual candies are pink and red during this time of year!).

So keeping that in mind, I'd love to show you some fantastic China Glaze nail colors that just scream Valentine's Day to me. These pretty shades were sent to me recently and, even though they're not shades from the newest China Glaze collections, they are standards that can easily be found wherever you buy your China Glaze polishes. I love them all and I'm having a hard time deciding which is my favorite!

Admire

Part of the Spring '09 Romantique Collection, Admire is a gorgeous pink metallic that goes on so dreamy it made me forget my frustration with applying metallics, which usually end up really steaky. No streakiness at all with this one. Love it!

Strawberry Fields


Part of the '09 Summer Days Collection, Strawberry Fields is one of those "instant classic" shades. My swatch is making this shade look way more orange than it is real life, sadly, but really you've GOT to see this one in person to truly appreciate its gorgeousness. To me, it's a rosy-violet-berry-pink with beautiful gold flecks running throughout. Too precious for words.

Red Stallion


Part of the Fall '08 Rodeo Diva Collection, Red Stallion is just that: a strong, fiery red that is unstoppable in its power! My swatch just doesn't do it justice, but when I had this color on my nails I just could not stop staring at it. It's a mesmerizing metallic shimmer that is velvety, rich and again, quite powerful in its seductive ways. Perfect for Valentine's Day.

Laced Up


First of all, excuse the chip on my nail (I got it while trying to open a defiant jar of pickles). Part of the Summer '09 Kicks Collection, Laced Up was impossible for me to photograph accurately but I eventually went with this no-flash pic above because it was as close as I could get. In real life, Laced Up is a bubble-gum pink that is darker and more vivid than this pic, but definitely not a neon. It's a gorgeous, girlie pink creme that's a tad on the cool side. To me, it just screams, "I'm a girlie-girl and I love me some pink!" As and far as I'm concerned, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that statement at all. :)

I hope this post gives you some ideas or inspiration for your Valentine's Day manicures! I would love to hear about your favorite shades of pinks and reds, so leave a comment and let me know!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Love, Love, Love Admire and Strawberry Fields! I need to get hold of these... ebay, here I come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty swatches! Do you happen to remember how many coats Strawberry Fields took? I had a moment of weakness and ordered the set of the Summer Days collection (only $15!). I read they were a bit sheer, though.

    Stay fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are some of my personal faves:

    Pinks: elf Coral, Hard Candy Hypnotic

    Reds: Pure Ice Iced Merlot, Diamond Cosmetics Rubies & Diamonds, NYC Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the swatches! Laced Up and Admire are gorgeous. I LOVE Strawberry Fields, I must have it now. *_* I just got Watermelon Rind and Grape something or other from that collection and I love them, so I want to grab that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love China Glaze and pink polishes all year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a tomboy I hate pink, but those are adorable! I'd actually consider wearing them if the occasion fit! I can't seem me wearing any of the daily though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BJL: lol!! Let me tell you, that shade is 100x prettier in person. You will LOVE it. And btw, I own you an email--I'm SO sorry for the delay but I promise I'll respond tomorrow, ok? I've got so much to tell you! :) xo

    Jessie Lynn: Thank you so much for asking this! I usually make it clear in my reviews of polish how many coats I used but I completely forgot. In *all* of the above pics I used 2 coats. Strawberry Fields was sheer on the first coat but, for me, it was perfect by the second coat. I think you'll love it! And congrats on that score--15 bucks for the entire collection? That's fantastic!! :)

    Elocina: OMG, I am right there with you about e.l.f. Coral. I LOOOOVE that color! In fact, I need to wear that again soon. Mine thickened up a bit so I need to thin it out, but man is it pretty. :)

    Heather: You are so welcome! And yes, you NEED Strawberry Fields. lol! I promise it's even prettier in person. I love love love it and I think you will too. :)

    adorepink: Well considering your screen name, I should have known you'd love pink polishes! lol! :D What are some of your faves? Thanks!

    Aedd: Believe me, I'm not usually a pink nail polish wearer but this time of year truly brings out the girlie-girl in me. :) You'd be surprised--if you find that exact perfect shade that works for you, I bet you anything you'll wear it for a few days straight. :)

    princess azure: LOL!! You are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. China Glaze colors are always so prettyyy. =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Anthony! Totally agree. Glad you feel the same. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strawberry Fields is my favorite China Glaze I bought 3 of them because I never want to run out. :P

    I was looking through my nail polish collection and spotted some other colors I think would be cute for Valentines Day. They are all either from the drugstore or Sally's Beauty...though I'm not sure if they are still sold in some places..

    Reds:

    Revlon Mon Cherry (It's scented too)
    Sinful Colors Lying Nails
    Milani Paint the Town Red

    Pinks:

    Sinful Colors Forget Now
    China Glaze Moulin Rouge
    China Glaze Mediterranean Charm
    Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Strawberry Icing

    Pink Glittery Topcoats:

    Milani Disco Lights
    Cover Girl Ruby Dust
    Sinful Colors Pink 4 Ever

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Stephanie! WOW, thank you SO much for all the great Valentine's mani ideas! I actually have some of the shades that you listed and you totally make me want to bust them out and start playing! And btw, THANK YOU for the great recs for pink glittery top coats. I don't currently own one and I neeed one because I think they're so pretty. I am totally getting one of these asap. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want straberry fields and red stallion. I need money to come my way so i can do a big haul!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig