Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, February 8, 2010

Spotted at CVS: New Milani Nail Polishes, Rimmel Lipglosses and more...

Finally! I have been waiting and waiting for these new Milani holographic nail polishes to hit my CVS, and I lucked out because I spotted a full display on my last visit. Let's get right to it and show you all of these new products!

Milani 3D Holographic Specialty Nail Lacquer
(retail: $4.99 at CVS)



Well, after all the buzz about these, I'm sad to say that none of them really called out to me and I didn't make a purchase. For some reason, up close, these just look like pastel creme shades with a lot of silver micro-glitter. And the thing is, the micro-glitter looks like it gets kind of muddled in the creme formula. In other words, the colors (in the bottles) look milky and you can't see the holo effect at all. Maybe they're different when applied, but in the display they just didn't grab me like I thought they would. :(

Milani Nail Art (retail: $3.99 at CVS)


I'm not a big nail art person when it comes to drawing designs on my nails (only because I'm a klutz) so I didn't snag one of these either. Not to mention that you can get what seems to be essentially the same product from L.A. Colors for $1 at your local Dollar Tree. But perhaps the brush is finer, or better, than the L.A. Colors version? If you've tried one of these, leave a comment and let us know!

Rimmel Royal Gloss (retail: $5.99 at CVS)


Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Rimmel already have a line of Royal Glosses? I'm wondering how these are different (maybe the added vitamins?) or maybe it's just that these are new colors? Can anyone confirm this for us? At any rate, the price is a little steep for such a small tube, but these colors sure are pretty in person, and they're a bit more interesting than the usual lip gloss shades you see at the drugstore.

Mini-Rant: I wish that all cosmetics manufacturers would put safety seals on their tube lipglosses. They seem to do it with most wand-style glosses nowadays, so why not the tubes as well? It's impossible to tell if someone has squeezed a bit out onto their fingers (they could easily wipe the applicator clean when they're done, right?) and that's just not a risk I'm willing to take with something I'm applying to my lips. Am I the only one who is disturbed by this absence of safety seals? OK, sorry, end of rant. :)

Also, my CVS finally put a price tag on the new Rimmel Glam'Eyes eyeshadow display that I mentioned in my previous Drugstore Sighting post, so I snapped a pic for those of you who might be curious:


Not bad, right? The singles are pretty generous in size, so I'm very tempted to get the brown shade and see how it performs!

So, do any of you already own any of these new Milani and Rimmel products? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I'm so jealous of all the goodies at your drugstores. I can't even try to look at mine since we've been snowed in since Friday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JT: I'm so sorry about your snowed-in situation, but at least you can live vicariously through these pics until the weather warms up, right? :D You can make your list of must-sees and have it ready and waiting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got 3 of Milani's new glosses, 2 of their liquid eyeliners, and 2 of the holo polishes (which I haven't tried yet). I'm REALLY loving Milani right now.

    As for the Rimmel glosses, I think the packaging is cute, but I'm sure it's the same as their jelly gloss. And I agree about sealing glosses! Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't pick up any of the Maybelline Shine Sensational lipglosses, so maybe I'll try these Rimmel Royal glosses instead! I do think that they look very similar to another lipgloss that Rimmel has in its line, but I think that one is called Rimmel Sweet Jelly. And I don't know if this is true, but the new Rimmel eyeshadows look really smooth and pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been waiting for the Milanis to show up in my CVS! Haven't seen them yet. I'll have a look tomorrow night, with fingers crossed! I did get sent one of the holos for review, Cyberspace, and I got a ton of compliments on it. I want to try out the new Milani lip gloss. Have you seen the Neon collection too?
    I wish they would seal the glosses too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of those new Rimmel glosses. I HAD to have the Cookie one. Haha.
    It has virtually no staying power because it takes non-stickiness to an extreme. The flavors are fun, I just prefer a gloss with a little stick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Rimmel shadows look really pretty! I like the darkest blue one, and I think that the brown one would be very pretty as well!

    I totally agree with you about the safety seals! Like you said, it would be too easy for someone to just put some on their finger(Or lips! Eeek!) and nobody would even know. Safety seals, pleeeassee!

    Oh, and I also wanted to let you know that I posted about some of my CVS clearance findings on my blog, if you'd like to check it out! (It's a blog on a different profile, so it's not on this profile that I am commenting with, if that makes sense.)

    Here's the link!

    http://laceescapades.blogspot.com/2010/02/cvs-beauty-clearance-sale-dream-come.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree -- better wait for other bloggers to make swatches before making a decision, because if it doesn't make your eyes pop and your mouth water when they're displayed at their best, no telling what a letdown awaits. Good call. And, yes to the rant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm lucky this time around as the whole Milani's new line has showed up at my drugstore. Based on online swatches, if you don't want any polish, at least give Hi-Tech a try as it has the most holo effect in the bunch. Still can't beat China Glaze OMG collection, but it's fun. They are CAD6 a piece around here (no BOGO sale though, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I own the Rimmel light purple, I ripped off the name before i opened my product. I was so excited. The light purple one goes on amazingly, its deff a light purple almost lilac. Very affordable too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather: Thank you!! I thought their existing glosses were also called Royal Glosses but you're absolutely right, they're called Jelly Glosses. Duh! Thanks for correcting me! :)

    Rita: You're right! Thank you! The old Rimmel glosses are the Jelly Glosses. :) And yes, those new shadows do look smooth and pigmented, don't they? Can't wait to try one. :)

    Nicole: Oooh, did you already review that Milani shade that you got? I'll have to search your blog for it! And no, I haven't seen any of the new Milani glosses in my area yet *pouts*. And thanks for backing me up on the safety seals! lol. :)

    Heather: Wow, thanks so much for the heads-up! Man, what a bummer! I love that these are all gourmand-inspired glosses, but with no staying power? I have a hard enough time getting a sticky gloss to last on my lips, so if these aren't sticky at all, I think I might have to pass. Whew, you saved me from a future return! :)

    Kieran: Thanks for backing me up on the safety seals! So glad I'm not alone with that! And I will definitely check out your CVS haul post! Can't wait! :)

    jo.frougal: lol! Thanks for agreeing with me on these! I'm so glad I'm not alone!! xo

    H: Wow, congrats on finding these in Canada! Finally, right? :) And thanks for the heads-up about Hi-Tech having the most holo. That's good to know if I get tempted by these when I see them again. :)

    Vickky: You know, even though I normally can't pull off purples with my skintone, I actually had my eye on that lilac shade! Thanks for the great info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually just purchased the Milani Holos. I got them at my CVS, the only one that I didn't get was the gold. I honestly have to say that while they do look mucky in the bottle(I had my suspicions), they look pretty good on the nail. You can see the holo, esp with two coats.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig