Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, February 8, 2010

A Nouveau Cheap Exclusive: Massive Cosmetics Sale at Rite Aid This Week!

I don't get many exclusives here at Nouveau Cheap, but when I do, I am always so humbled and grateful! Which is exactly how I felt this weekend when this email hit my mailbox, directly from Rite Aid!

I am delighted to share with you the inside scoop about this sale, which isn't going to be publicized until tomorrow (Tuesday):

For three days only (Thursday, Feb. 11th through Saturday, Feb. 13th) ALL COSMETICS at Rite Aid will be 25% off. No minimum purchase required.

Here are the details:
  • Coupons (including manufacturer's coupons) WILL be accepted and can be used in conjunction with this discount
  • No rainchecks will be issued
  • Discount applies to regularly priced items only (no additional discount will be applied to clearance items)
Also, I asked about how this will work with the usual weekly BOGOs and here are the details concerning that:

BOGOS are only valid if they result in a greater discount. In other words, if the BOGO gets you a better price, you get that price. If the 25 percent off is somehow greater, you get that one (but not both).

[Update: Thanks to my lovely follower on Twitter, @cutegingerbread, for asking me about rebates. I can confirm that if you purchase a product that has a rebate offer attached, the rebate still applies during this sale. Yay!]

So what does this mean for us? Well, I'm thinking of all the cosmetics brands at Rite Aid that I very rarely see go on sale (Tropez, Black Radiance, Prestige, Carmindy etc.), as opposed to the brands that seem to always go on sale (Revlon, Maybelline, CoverGirl, etc.). An extra 25% off on a bottle of Tropez nail polish will make it 75 cents instead of a dollar. Little things like that can add up to one fun haul! And if you've got coupons for brands like L'Oreal, Revlon, etc. this sale can definitely be worth your while.

So if you've got a Rite Aid near you, mark your calenders for this Thursday because you definitely do NOT want to wait until Friday or Saturday to take advantage of this deal. I want all of you to have the best possible selection of cosmetics at your fingertips (who likes getting to a sale late when everything's already been picked over?) so I'm giving you the heads-up now so that you can get to your Rite Aid on Thursday before work, after work or during your lunch break. Just get there on Thursday if you want to take advantage of this deal, ok? And of course I'd love it if you came back here and let us know what you got! :)
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. got this one down, thanks!! i haven't turned up any of the new Physician's Formula stuff at my CVS (though I saw the new Rimmel shadow singles and a few other items which subsequently appeared on your blog) so i'll have to trot up the street to RiteAid and try my luck there! (WANT the gel liners!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifulmonday: Oh I am so keeping my fingers crossed that those gel liners will be at your local Rite Aid. I just saw the new PF Shimmer Strips shadows make an appearance at my Rite Aid for the first time last week, so hopefully that means the liners are not too far behind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. R: it's odd, because CVS had the Shimmer Strips but not the liners. I want to see the liners in person because I'm torn between the one for hazel eyes and the one for brown eyes (though my eyes are blue-green-grey, i am looking for a brown and a purple liner, maybe a black).
    meanwhile Philly has been getting tons of snow which makes it hard to get around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that is odd. It's just strange to me that drugstores get their shipments at roughly the same time but they each choose to put things on display at different times (or so I've been told by a few "insiders"). I don't know what their reasoning is, but I've seen summer displays go up in the middle of the following winter at some drugstores!

    Also, I can tell you that, based on my experience, it's going to be a difficult decision for you even when you see those gel liners in person. They're really difficult to see since they're in those containers and then the added layer of packaging...it's just impossible to tell what you're going to get until you open it up and dip your brush into it! So definitely keep your receipt, ok honey? And good luck with that snow! (Snow? What's snow? I haven't seen snow in person in over five years!). lol!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of sales don't apply to where I live because it is an extreme tourist area, so I really hope this applies to my rite-aid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the heads up! I've wanting to try Physician Formula new shimmer bronzers...now maybe I will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw no rite-aid where i live :( but thanks for keeping us posted about it..thats pretty awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. R: duly noted, thank you! i did wonder how visible the liners were in the packaging. (PF uses a lot of packaging.) i'm curious if all the black liners have some subtle shimmer in them! (that would awesome and a lot like Stila or MAC liners.)

    alas, RiteAid failed me- it's picked over already and the sale hasn't started yet. BUT I know of another RA and several CVS that I can extend the search to....because this is way past a lemming. this is a must. however, i won't probably get to go on my quest until saturday as another blizzard is coming tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mz. More: You are so welcome! I hope you're able to score some great goodies during this sale! :D

    PoorCollegeStudent: Well since I got this info directly from Rite Aid, I think it will apply to *all* locations. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

    Mocha Mish Mash: You are so welcome! And yes, this would be a great time to pick up that PF bronzer (and I'd love to know what you think of it if you get it!). xo

    Giselle: Aw, I'm sorry, honey. :( And you are so welcome! xo

    beautifulmonday: You're welcome! And I am VERY curious about what the rest of the blacks are like in that collection. It would be so cool if they each had a different color micro-glitter! And I'm so sorry to hear that your RA is already picked over. What a bummer! Well, hopefully your blizzard will be over by Thursday and you can try different locations. Fingers crossed! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to the rite aid sale today! I used a $5 off $25 rite aid purchase coupon, two $2 L'oreal eye makeup coupons, and one $1 Cover Girl coupon. Thank you for giving us the heads up about this sale! :D

    I bought a Voluminous mascara, a lineur intense eyeliner, a lashblastlength mascara, 3 wet n wild speed glosses (manic, reckless, and frenzied), 6 wet n wild nail polishes (inferno, shield, rustic, lavender creme, pink petal glitter, and bar-b), a sally hansen polish in wet cement, a sinful colors polish in nail junkie, and a wet n wild idol eyes pencil in graphite. After 9% sales tax, $30.90!

    Once again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thedogismine: OMG OMG OMG! That is FANTASTIC!!! Yay!!!!! I am so glad you were able to take advantage of this sale and score some great deals!! And thank you SO much for taking the time to come back here and let me know what you got! I love those WnW Speed Glosses and I REALLY love the SH Wet Cement polish! Let me know what you think of Nail Junkie--I am always tempted to get it whenever I see it. lol. Congrats again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for letting me know about the sale! They ended up having it at my rite aid! I posted a blog on what I got: Jane Blushing Cheeks Blush in Blushing Earth, Prestige Total Intensity Liner in Powerful Purple, Wet 'n Wild Ultimate expressions palettes in sand castle and paradise cove, Wet n' Wild Bronzzer in Acapulco Glow, Jane Eyezing in It's a girl/eggplant, and N.Y.C. Blushable creme stick in plaza pink. I know you posted when you saw the N.Y.C. dupe of Nars the multiple come out, so I thought you might like to know that I love it!!! It even lasted all day AND through an Alice in Chains concert. I smell like the beer that got spilled on me but I have a healthy glow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.
    send gift to Korea

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig