Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Spotted at Rite Aid: TONS of new makeup & nail colors by Revlon, Sally Hansen, Physicians Formula and more (pic heavy)

I've got A LOT to tell you in this drugstore report, so please be sure to read my comments in between the photos. Let's get right into it, shall we?

First, the new Revlon PhotoReady Makeup that everyone's been talking about. Finally I find it and guess what? No BOGO this week. Waaah!



If you want more info on this new collection, be sure to check out Okay Philistine's awesome review here.

I also found the new Revlon ColorBurst Lipsticks (yummy411 has waaaay better pics of both the PhotoReady and ColorBurst displays--click here to check 'em out).

Rite Aid is having a BOGO 50% off on all Revlon lip and nail products so I just HAD to get two of the Revlon ColorBurst lipsticks (retail: $8.99). The quilted packaging totally sucked me in. Here are the shades I got (review to come):

Left: Raspberry (shimmer), Right: Soft Rose (creme)





I believe that ColorBurst is Revlon's response to Maybelline's wildly successful Color Sensational line. As you know, I'm pretty much Color Sensational's biggest fan (just do a search on this blog for "Color Sensational" and you'll see). So seriously, I will be able to tell you if I think that these are as good as Color Sensational. I'll test them out this week and get back to you on that. :)

Next up I spotted a brand spanking new display (not even one bottle missing yet!) of the new Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear shades, which left me pretty much speechless:





Pacific Blue (third from the left) is SOOOO much prettier in person. And do you see that duochrome violet? And the lovely multi-colored bar glitter shade on the right? Sigh. I wanted to buy them ALL, I tell you!



Look at that gray! It's called Wet Cement and I neeeed it. Also, that shimmery teal was calling my name. But even at just $2.99 a pop, there were other makeup products I wanted to get so I walked away with just one bottle of polish. But boy is it pretty:




Purple Pizzazz is a finicky little sucker that doesn't photograph well. But let me tell you that is is one of the loveliest purples I have ever laid eyes on. It's got a subtle pink shimmer to it that makes it look like it's lit from within.



I'm in love! OK, on to the next Sally Hansen display I spotted:



I only took a close-up of the left side of the display because I ran out of time:



Is it just me or does that violet duochrome look exactly like the Xtreme Wear one? Anyway...

I spotted the new Revlon Age Defying Moisturizing Concealer, which looks promising if you need some extra moisture in your under-eye concealer:





I also spotted some new Almay Intense i-colors, which promise "5x the intensity". I don't know, to me these looked like the other i-colors, but you never know:



Now check out these new Physicians Formula products! First, we have Healthy Wear SPF 50 (yes, 50!) makeup. They have a powder foundation and a tinted moisturizer AND, each product has a "take $5 off instantly" coupon attached (retail on the foundations is steep at $14.99, so this coupon REALLY helps):



It is SO hard to find a good drugstore powder foundation (my FAVORITE kind of foundation) and I have been loyal to my Prestige Multi-Task Wet/Dry powder foundation for years and years. But this one just blew me away so I had to buy it to try it!

I will review it shortly so please check back. In the meantime, check out the packaging--it totally reminds me of a Clinique Happy gift-with-purchase or something like that. I like the little pink ribbon that you can pull to open, and of course I love the hot pink sponge applicator. The orange and pink really get your attention, that's for sure!





Next we have three new Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Makeup products (each of these had a "take $4 off instantly" sticker attached to it, which I LOVE):



There is a three-step concealer kit, a correcting powder and a dual-chamber illuminating powder.



The three steps in the concealer kit are "Conceal" "Erase" and "Highlight". Also, I love the swirly pastel colors in the Correcting Powder, and if you look at the pic on the display, the accompanying brush has pink, blue and yellow bristles! How cute is that?



I am absolutely intrigued by this Illuminating Powder Duo. I wish I could afford to get it but I just had to try the Healthy Wear product given my love of powder foundations. If any of you try this one, be sure to let me know what you think, ok? :)

Next we have new Revlon "Illuminate" collection:



This collection contains new Age Defying Spa Face Illuminators, four new shades of ColorStay Mineral Lip Glazes, two new shades of Revlon Perle shadows, two new cream shadow palettes and two new shades of Revlon eyeliners.



To me, these Perle eyeshadows look like matte colors with a lot of silver sparkle mixed in. I really hope, given my experience with those new HiP shadows, that this doesn't equate to a lot of fallout. The Lip Glaze shades are super pretty, but obviously this entire display is geared toward the spring and I'm just not into springtime colors yet.



The two eyeliners look promising and their names PERFECTLY describe the colors: Electric Blue and Sparkling Silver.

And lastly, I just had to share these new POWDER EYESHADOWS from Styli-Style. Yes, I said POWDER eyeshadows. I don't know about you, but I have never seen a powder eyeshadow from Styli-Style before!



You get a full size eyeliner pencil and a little eyeshadow duo in a slide container both for just $6.99. Don't ask me why I didn't buy one of those (oh, I know why, because I bought the PF foundation, SH polish and two Revlon lipsticks!). But this seems like a great deal and I am SUPER curious about the staying power of a powder shadow by Styli-Style. I mean, look at the claims on the display!



I don't really have issue with powder eyeshadow "smearing", but I'll take waterproof any day!

If any of you have tried ANY of these products, I would love to hear from you. And if you haven't tried any of them, of course you know I would love to hear your thoughts as well!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I gotta have the new Revlon lippies!! They look so classy in the new package (i like the classic one, but this new thing is so appealing!).

    The PF Healthy Wear reminds me of the Shiseido sun compact and the Lancaster ones too, and the Corrective Powder....WANT! I really wish i could get one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the clearance sales for Physician's Formula were to make room for these newbies? I'd like to see how their powder with SPF 50 works-- that's my kind of coverage ;)

    I read Okay Philistine's post last week too but I need to see it up close before I buy one. Too bad they never have testers at the stores :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totes want to run right out asap and get that "wet cement" sally nailpolish!!! i am so in love with grey polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just at Rite Aid yesterday and I went a little crazy because they had major clearance sales at my location (in Norcal)! I don't know if it was just my Rite Aid, but there were some crazy good deals on Revlon stuff - 75% off on some of the Beyond Natural line (I bought 3 of the protective liptints for about $1.75 each, I also saw a cream shadow quad with the clearance sticker and some face powders and a blush). There were also some randomly stickered items throughout the makeup section - all the CoverGirl TruShine lipsticks were also on 75% off so I picked up one of those too. It took all my willpower not to buy them out of all their clearance items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try that new foundation. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW thanks ...none of my stores ever get new displays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elena: You're totally right--the packaging on these lippies is completely irresistible! :) And you called it--those PF compacts DO look just like something you'd see from Lancaster or Shiseido! OMG, I never would have made the connection but you're so right! :)

    Shela: The only big clearance I've seen for PF is at Walgreens and that's because they're completely getting rid of PF at Walgreens. Where else have you seen big clearance sales?? BTW, they have the new Revlon foundation at the Rite Aid near State, honey. :)

    jennifer: You and me both! I might go back and get it today but don't tell anyone, ok? lol! :)

    J: I saw those exact same clearance sales at my Rite Aid too! I had a hunch they were discontinuing the Beyond Natural line and this kind of confirms it, right? The CG lippies were totally picked over by the time I got to them. Did you get anything good?

    rayqueenbee: Did you mean the new Revlon foundation or the the Physicians Formula foundation? And you are so welcome! xo

    Tiff: You're welcome! I'm sorry to hear your stores don't get these new displays--hopefully they'll do so well that they'll all become a part of their permanent collections soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, the bad language in his blog title is completely unnecessary also. That kind of language and attitude of people like that is polluting the world and it's children more than lipstick and mascara ever will.

    I think, however, his post would be best suited on a male oriented blog, since that is where the pressure for us to "look our best" comes from.

    That being said...

    I need those X-treme nail polishes.

    NEED THEM.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, next time just delete a comment like that. It's hard to understand why an adult(?) would go around picking little fights with random women. Anyway, great post! There's so much to take in... I'd love to check out some of those Sally Hansen polishes. And I can't wait to see your review on that PF powder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you think you might have the review on the Revlon lipsticks up by Friday or Saturday? If they're really nice I'd love to get them while they're still on sale. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. how did i not pay attention and get those lippies on sale! nice! can't wait to see your review. (thanks for the link luv!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Giselle: You know, you're right. I don't like to censor comments unless they're spam, hateful, or hurtful, so that's why I initially left his comment up (and also why I posted a response). But now, after I've responded and let him respond as well, I think that anybody who was interested in seeing that debate has seen it by now. I would much rather focus on keeping this blog a friendly, warm, safe place for all of us, so I decided to remove the negativity and return this blog to it's normally, happy vibe! Plus, why give his blog more traffic, right? So let's get back to our usual fun discussions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hana: Yes, definitely! I'm trying to post it by tonight! Thank you!! :)

    yummy: You are so welcome! I think you should go back and get some before the sale is over! lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oohhh I can't wait to try the Revlon Age Defying Moisturizing Concealer. I'm in desperate need of one. I try mixing a bit of moisturizer with my concealer or cream foundation, but haven't been able to get the perfect mixing ratio. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those New Revlon lipsticks better not be like those Colorsensational ones - blech! I hated those.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Rec.-Just wanted to wish you a very Happy Holiday season!As always,your blog is the best!I picked up the Revlon Foundation yesterday(at Rite-Aid) but have not had a chance to try it yet-will report back when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beda: You are so welcome! I would LOVE to see your review if/when you try this--I am SO curious about it. I hope they have good coverage. xo

    HSG: I know you hate the Color Sensationals. lol. For me, the ColorBurst lippies are too sheer, but I have a feeling that since you hate the CS lippies, you might like the CB ones. Wouldn't that be funny, since I don't care for the CB ones? lol. :)

    Michelle: Thank you SO much, honey! I can't tell you how much that means to me. xo I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and I cannot WAIT for your full report on the new Revlon foundation. I am so excited to hear what you think!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, I'm sooo happy to see this post. I went all over the 'net searching for reviews on the Revlon Spa Illuminator only to find nothing! I recently purchased it. Must be the next generation of the now discontinued Skinlights line. I love it! Hope they get rid of the darn applicator though. Product itself is good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Susie! OMG, thank you! I know what you mean--sometimes I see something at the drugstore that I love, and then I search the internet only to find that nobody has even mentioned it! lol. I'm so glad I could help. And it's GREAT to know that this might be a nice replacement for the Skinlights collection! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig