Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, December 21, 2009

Spotted at CVS: New products by Physicians Formula, Maybelline, Neutrogena and more

So I went to a CVS a few towns over yesterday and I was blown away by all the new products I spotted! Some of these products will probably never even hit my local CVS, so like I always say, if you can't find something at your nearest CVS, drive to another location--you could be surprised at what you find!

First, I spotted a new Maybelline Poptimistic Pretty display, and this time it was EYESHADOWS!! The only Poptimistic Pretty displays I've seen are the ones for the limited edition nail polishes and Color Sensational lipsticks and glosses.

(click images to super-size)



The eyeliners and mascaras were nothing new (products from the permanent Maybelline display)  but the eyeshadow trios are DEFINITELY limited edition (they say so on the labels).  I was SOOOO bummed that the trio of greens was already sold out (look how gorgeous the model in the display looks!) but they still had the purple and blue trios:



As you can see, the purple trio has a dark purple, medium purple and a lavender, while the blue trio has a royal blue, a medium silver and a light silver. In person, the dark purple and blue shades are VERY intense and vivid. Super pretty. The retail price on these is $5.99.

Next I spotted e.l.f. kits...at CVS!



These are all kits that you can find at Target, but still! I have heard from some of you that you've seen e.l.f. at your CVS stores, but up until yesterday I had never spotted them at a CVS in my area. If you've got a couple Extra Bucks stored up, you can pretty much snag one of these kits for FREE.

Next I spotted the new Neutrogena MoistureShine Triple Berry Antioxidant Glosses:



I like that this formula has acai and goji berry (I'm hoping that means they also taste delicious) but the colors were pretty standard--nothing too unique.



Now here's the collection that got me all flustered. Have you seen the new Physicians Formula POP! Collection Shimmer Strips?



OMG, if you are a color person, you are going to LOVE these.  These kits contain intense and vivid shades of yellow, teal, blue, green, purple,  violet, etc. and there is a kit for each eye color (the colors are designed to make your particular eye color "pop" of course!).





My camera does not do these colors justice--in real life the colors in each palette are extremely vibrant, especially when compared to other shadows by PF.  The only thing I did NOT like about these Shimmer Strips was the price: $10.99 each! Ouch.  I will definitely have to save up a few Extra Bucks before I make a purchase.

One last thing I spotted was this new line of skincare called Mission Skincare. Have you heard of it? Apparently the products are all designed by athletes and scientists working together to create skincare products that are for use before, during, and after sports/exercise. Of course I was immediately drawn to the lip balms:



Each balm is this display was designed by a famous athlete. There's Ryan Sheckler's Orange Lip Balmer, Sergio Garcia's Mint Lip Balmer, Amanda Beard's Organic Strawberry Lip Balmer, and Serena WIlliams' Pomegranate Lip Balmer (all are SPF 15).  The one that I really would like to try is Serena Williams' Pink Lemonade Lip Balmer but they didn't have that at this CVS.  Have you tried any products from Mission Skincare?

So...thoughts on these new products? Do you already own any of them? Please share your thoughts!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Wow! I'll have to ck. for these displays. Thanks for sharing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES - those are the PF shadows I was telling you about! Don't they look absolutely colorful and probably really pigmented!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really REALLY want to get the shimmer strips for green eyes now. I have the original sets for green and brown eyes, and from your pictures the one for brown eyes doesn't look different enough from the one I already have to justify buying this one too, but I really want the one for green eyes now. Hmm my sister has to buy my christmas present by tomorrow night. Maybe I'll "hint" about it to her. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the CVS in your state are awesome. the drugstores around me have really cut down on the displays the last yr or so. I'll be lucky if I will see ONE of these in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was just at CVS today and got pics of the PF stuff as well as the new Maybelline blast items. Also new stuff from Revlon and new mascara's from Maybelline.

    That Pop display from Maybeline was at Walgreens in Chicago months ago.

    Also saw the new HiP shadows and was completely underwhelmed.

    I started a new budget beauty blog for my makeup addiction budgetbeautymaven.blogspot.com. That's where the makeup pics will be.

    HomeSpaGoddess.com (homespagoddess.blogspot.com)is now only for my bath and body reviews. Please add the new site and update the old one on your blogroll:)

    I'm headed to Big Lots or Walmart tomorrow - not sure which yet to see what I find. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you gotten your hands on any of the Maybelline EyeStudio stuff yet?? My CVS has like three big displayers of the shadows (duos and quads) plus mascara and cream eyeliners. I'm holding out for a BOGO to try some of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1xellus1: You're so welcome! :) xo

    ndoodles: That's RIGHT! I remember you telling me about these a few weeks ago!! And yes, they do look like they'd be super pigmented--I just can't pay full price for them so I'll wait until there's a BOGO or I have some Extra Bucks to use. lol. xo

    Sandi: I think this would make the perfect gift from your sister! So how do you like the Shimmer Strips you already own? Are the colors easy to work with? How's the pigmentation? Thanks! xo

    seton: I am SO sorry to hear that. There's nothing worse than a drugstore that cuts back on their new product displays. :(

    HSP: OK, now you're hurting my feelings! I noticed your new blog days ago and followed you ASAP. SO I guess you didn't see that you have one follower on your makeup blog, huh? AND I added your new HSG URL AND YOUR NEW BLOG to my blog roll days ago! So you didn't even need to tell me that! But girl, I can barely keep up with how often you seem to change your URL, feeds and websites! I hope these new changes stick around for a while. :)

    Also, did you mean CoverGirl Blast, instead of Maybelline Blast? I ran some pics of the CG smoky eyes and lipgloss stuff a few days ago--is that what you're talking about? Also, are the HiP shadows you're referring to the ones I just reviewed? They are a MESS, in case you didn't see my review.

    Beck: Nooooo, I have NOT! I can't find it ANYWHERE! You are so lucky to have seen it in your area! And don't you just hate having to patiently wait for a BOGO? It's story of my life. lol! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig