Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 10, 2009

Review: Maybelline Khaki Fringe nail polish (from my Dollar Tree haul)

If you're a frequent reader of this blog, then you have no doubt seen my posts about Dollar Tree and all the amazing name-brand drugstore beauty products you can currently find (see my right-hand sidebar to find out what others across the country have been finding at their local Dollar Trees, and feel free to post what you've scored as well!).

The current frenzy over the limited edition, hard-to-find and discontinued Sally Hansen and Maybelline nail polishes that have been surfacing at Dollar Trees is what caused me to broaden my search (I think I've hit up five DTs in the past two weeks) in a desperate attempt to get my hands on some. And finally, after weeks of searching, I struck gold and found tons of these infamous polishes! But my favorite of the bunch turns out to be one that didn't immediately wow me when I bought it: Maybelline Express Finish Nail Enamel in "Khaki Fringe".

I love this shade so much that I can't believe I don't have other khaki greens in my nail polish stash. Where have I been? But then again, do I really need another khaki green now that I've got this gorgeous shade?



First let me say excuse me for the shoddy polish job--I was in such a rush to get this color on that I threw caution to the wind and got it all over my cuticles. But you know what? It looks worse in the photos than it does in real life (no excuse, but still...).

These pics were taken after 2 coats (Orly Bonder was my base coat and Sally Hansen MegaShine was my top coat). Also, I took these pics after FOUR days of wear. Like I mentioned earlier, Maybelline Express Finish polishes wear SO well for me--they seriously rival OPI. After four days, I've got no chipping and just very minimal wear on my tips (and I've been doing a lot of cleaning and dishwashing lately). For one dollar, you just can't beat it.



The entire time I've been wearing this shade, I've been amazed at how easily it goes with all of my clothes (yes, I wear a lot of black in wintertime, but it also goes so well with browns, oranges, yellows, and even navy). It's a versatile fall/winter color for sure, and it's just so darn gorgeous I can't get over it. I strongly urge all of you that have Dollar Trees in your area to go out and look for this one. It's worth every penny and then some!

As always, I've love to hear your thoughts. Are there any other drugstore khaki greens I should know about?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. OMG! That's frickin' sweet! I love that color, may have to look into that for moi!

    xo
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do an amazing job painting your own nails! i have to go to the salon b/c i'm terrible at doing my own. lol

    hey i've tagged you over at my blog. check out the post here: http://bettygirlmakeup.blogspot.com/2009/12/tag-award-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a post on this one a couple of weeks ago & I totally agree with you. This really does seem to go with everything. It immediately went into my top 5 favorites! Glad I got 2 bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that color! hopefully they have it at my local dollar tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color. I haven't found ANY Maybelline nail polishes at my dollar tree :( guess I'll have to keep looking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty color!! Definitely great :D Gotta get over to that Dollar Tree near my house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber: Thank you, sweetie! I think this color would love gorgeous on your digits as well. Hum...we'll see what we can do about getting you a bottle! xo

    Betty: OMG, you can totally do a better job than I can with painting your nails--I see the magic you do with shadows and liners! Talk about precision! :) And thank you SO much for the tag--I will check it out asap! xo

    April and Ashley: Oh, I will have to check out your post! I'm so glad someone else is loving this shade as much as I did. You have killer instinct--I totally should have bought two bottles when I was at DT. :)

    Niki: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you--you NEED this color! And for a dollar? It's a no-brainer! :) xo

    Sandi: With all the other fab stuff you've been finding at your DT, I think it's just a matter of time before these make their way to you. I'm sending good DT vibes to you right now! lol. xo

    ndoodles: I would love to know if you're able to find these at your DT! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought this color at Dollar Tree this summer, but my bottle was pretty clumpy so I set it aside until I could get my hands on some nail polish thinner and forgot about it. I'll have to give it a try now that I've seen your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leigh: This color is DEFINITELY worth using some thinner to revive! Do it! Do it! lol. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig