Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, October 11, 2009

Follow-up to my Hard Candy Nail Polish Review

I mentioned in my original review of Hard Candy Just Nails nail polish in "Mr. Wrong" that I would follow up after a few days of wear, so here you go!

Here's a pic taken day one of my manicure (Orly Bonder base coat, two coats of "Mr. Wrong" and one coat Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat):



And here's a pic taken on day five of my manicure:



As you can see, there was quite a bit of wear on my index finger (I don't know about you but that's the finger that always shows the most amount of wear for me) and also my pinky (the pinky on my right hand always seems to get a lot of abuse from hitting the enter key on my keyboard). Other than that, the rest of my fingers showed a very normal, minimal amount of wear with no chipping whatsoever! Excellent!

No, before you go running off to Walmart to gobble up a bunch of these polishes, I want to mention that, for me at least, shimmers, glitters and metallics usually wear better, and much longer, than creams. So while "Mr. Wrong" seems awesome, your experience with Hard Candy nail color might be different if you purchase a cream. I can't say for sure because this is the only new HC polish I currently own, but I just wanted to mention that.

Do you own any of the new Hard Candy polishes? If so, what do you think of them so far?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I sooo need to find some hard candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this color and I fell in love with it too. However I remembered how difficult it is to remove glittery polishes so I digressed for a bit but your review just tempted me again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked... no Hard Candy at my Walmart yet. Well at least no more temptations to get me to buy stuff... for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked my Wal-Mart the other day, NO HARD CANDY! I was peeved. lol 1 down, 2 to go.

    I'm missing out on all the goodies. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wearing Mr. Wrong now and about to post about it:) I like it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Phyrra! Believe me, I want you to get your hands on HC as well! I just cannot wait to see what you do with all of these gorgeous colors. xo

    Hi Wendy! You know what? Relatively speaking, this polish wasn't hard to remove at all! Compared to some other glitters I own, it was actually a piece of cake. Sorry to tempt you even more, but it's true! lol. :)

    Hey ndoodles! Enjoy it while you can--as soon as it's available to you, there will be many, many temptations. :)

    Hey Rai! It will be there soon...I promise! lol. :)

    Hey Jamie! Ooooh, I'll have to check out your review! I'm glad you're liking it so far! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh pritty! I love that gray glitter polish. What is that color called?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi princess azure! The name of this shade is "Mr. Wrong" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought Mr. Wrong. ^_^ After seeing your post and a few others, I agree that it's the star of the bunch and the one I had to have. Haven't got a chance to use it yet, but I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey femputer! YAY!! I am so glad you like it--it's really unlike any other polish I've ever seen. You'll have to tell me if you get more purple or more silver from this color. Some people's skin seems to pull more purple but I definitely pull more of the silver. Keep me posted? xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wearing Mr. Right [a kinda sparkly dark dark blue] and after a couple of days it's a little worn at the tips. However, my nails are a little longer than yours and I kind of expected it since I type SO much. :) I got Mr. Right and Hot Pants, a very sheer lavender with big & little glitter. I MUST get Mr. Wrong and I really want Envy, the dark green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alicia! Thanks for taking the time to let me know how the HC polish is performing for you! Hot Pants and Mr. Right sound gorgeous and they are definitely at the top of my list to try next! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig