Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Styli-Style eyeliners...how could I forget about these?





Long before my love affair with Revlon ColorStay eyeliners, and waaay before I found Prestige Total Intensity liners, Styli-Style pencil liners were my go-to long-wear liner of choice.

Even though they seem to be getting harder and harder to find (and their displays seem to be getting smaller and smaller) I still have much love for these drugstore wonder pencils because of the following:

1) They come in a gorgeous (and quite large) array of colors
2) They're relatively inexpensive (about $6)
3) The staying power is truly incredible

I used to purchase these at Long's Drugs before they changed over to CVS, and I've noticed that the CVS display has gotten increasingly smaller over the past year. But the good news is, the Styli-Style website is very much up and running and they do have an online store (although not all colors are for sale in their store, which is a little odd). Regardless, I can say that if you're in the market for a long-wear pencil eyeliner that comes in a fantastic assortment of colors, it's worth your while to hunt these down.

What first prompted me to purchase a Styli-Style 24-Hour Power Line & Seal pencil (the traditional pencils in the pics above) was my quest to find a good dupe of the MAC "Teddy" Eye Kohl pencil liner. Teddy is one of those colors that you can wear with anything--it's a medium brown with shimmer and it's a good compliment to my hazel eyes. I think I wore Teddy non-stop for about a year straight, until it just became too expensive for me to keep repurchasing. So that's when my quest began, and I luckily found the Styli-Style pencil in "Bronze 111". Bronze 111 is a close match for Teddy and if I wait for a BOGO sale, I can buy 3 Bronze 111 pencils for the price of 1 Teddy. Oh, and the staying power of Bronze 111 is about 10x better than Teddy. Enough said.

In the pics above, I've also swatched "110 Tanzanite" which is a very shimmery medium lavender, and "130 Deep Purple" which is a less shimmery, deep royal purple-ish violet. Both of these pencils are stunning on the eyes and it constantly amazes me that colors like this are available at the drugstore. Most drugstore eyeliners, for the most part, are pretty flat and one-dimensional, but Styli-Style pencils really come in shades that rival high-end brands in color and performance.

Lastly, I wanted to mention that I also have a few of the Styli-Style Flat Eye Pencils which are fantastic. The one pictured above is "404 London" and it's a dark, almost black, cross between forest green and olive green. The best thing about these flat pencils is that you can draw the thinnest line possible with a pencil (I'm talking as thin as a liquid liner) and you get the smoothest line possible because of the wide tip. And unlike NYC flat pencils which can get pretty mushy, Styli-Style's Flat Eye Pencils are nice and firm. When you run it across your eye, you barely have to move your hand and the pencil just goes in a perfectly straight line every time. You can really get down there in your lash line for the smoothest, finest, straightest line ever. Also, the staying power of "404 London" is absolutely incredible.

Final Analysis: You get more than your money's worth with Styli-Style eye pencils. A brilliant array of shades to choose from, colors that rival high-end brands, and a quality product that really does last until you take it off.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Styli-Style liners!!!!! I did a review a while back, these things are heavy duty. There used to be a large display at my Longs as well before the big switch. I can still find them at Rite Aid, but they don't have a big selection Cherry Culture.Com also has a nice selection too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I'm so glad someone else loves these too! They really are heavy duty and I'm constantly amazed at how beautiful the colors are. It never even occurred to me to try cherryculture for these! What a great tip! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to wear Teddy ever single day, but now I wear the Rimmel waterproof pencil in brown. Its the pencil that you have to sharpen. I LOVE IT. It reminds me of the Urban Decay 24/7 pencils.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig