Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 10, 2009

One of the best (and cheapest) cleansers I've ever used


The Recessionista is lazy when it comes to skincare. I'm totally not embarrassed to admit it, either. I love two-in-one products (like a moisturizer with SPF, for example) and I REALLY love a cleanser that can eliminate my need for makeup remover. Lately I've been using Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (retail $6.99, 6.7 oz) which touts itself as a soap-free, oil-free cleanser and makeup remover all in one. It actually does a decent job at removing the dirt, oil and makeup from my face, but it's a tad drying (I should note that I have oily skin that can be sensitive on occasion).

When I saw the new Clean & Clear line at CVS a few weeks ago, I knew I had to try this:

Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser

Number one, it's a foaming pump bottle (you know I love)
Number two, it's purple (cute)
Number three, it's cheap ($6.99 for a 6 oz bottle at CVS)
Number four, anything that has the words "makeup dissolving" in the title is instantly going to suck me in

I have to tell you I was overwhelmingly surprised at the performance of this cleanser. First, the dispenser distributes a small amount of product with each pump, so you can really control how much product you use on your face (don't you hate it when one pump of something gives you far too much product to work with?). I need about four quick pumps to get the amount I need for my face. Now at first, it does feel like it's just sitting on your skin and not really doing anything, but just go with it because it IS working. I find that I need to work my eye area a little more than I'm used to, but it's not like I'm scrubbing my eyes or anything. You just need to work the product in to make sure it's on your lashes (mascara) which is not as easily done with a foam as it is with a regular liquid cleanser. But the results are AMAZING. This product really does "dissolve" every trace of your makeup and the best part: It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry AT ALL.

For the money, I've yet to find a better two-in-one product for my skin. The pump bottle means that this will last a lot longer than my other traditional cleaners (I've been using this bottle for about three weeks now and the bottle is still 3/4 full), and my only hope is that this doesn't get discontinued (which is what happened with the last five or so cleansers I've loved over the years).

PS: I just noticed that if you go to the Clean & Clear website and register, you can print out a coupon good for $2 off any Clean and Clear product. Yay!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Omg! This line is SO amazing. Haven't tried the cleanser yet, but the wipes and oil-free makeup remover are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenn! That is SO good to know. I love wipes for when I'm too tired to wash my face at night. I'm definitely going to try these (and I can practically get them for free if I use that $2 off coupon AND wait for a sale at CVS!). Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually saw this at Wal-Mart and was intrigued, I def. think I'll pick this up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Arezu! Definitely let me know if you like it as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a question for you! Which do you like better, this cleanser or the Neutrogena Night Calming Nourishing Cream Cleanser? I'm running low on my normal facewash and I've been meaning to try the Neutrogena one ever since you reviewed it a while back, and this week Neutrogena skin care is 40% off at Rite Aid. But this Clean and Clear one sounds amazing too.... so in your opinion, which is better for removing makeup (particularly long-wearing foundation like Colorstay and mascara)? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi J! It actually really depends on you skin. If you have oily skin, I would DEFINITELY suggest the C&C only because it takes every last bit of my long-wear foundation off and my skin is sparkly clean afterward. But if you have dry skin, the Neutrogena might be your best best because it's more gentle (though it requires a bit of elbow grease to remove *everything*). And if you're feeling experimental, I would suggest trying the new L'Oreal Scrublet which I just mentioned yesterday here on my blog. I haven't reviewed it yet but I can tell you that I got the sensitive skin creamy formula and last night it removed EVERYTHING, even my mascara. And my skin was SO soft afterward. Granted I've only used it once so far so I don't know how it will be for the long haul but so far I'm very pleasantly surprised--and the scrublet itself is AWESOME. Hope that helps, and please keep me posted on what you end up purchasing? If you decide on the L'Oreal, be sure to print out the $1 off coupon first on the CVS website (if you get it at CVS). :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig