Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nail Polish Jewelry? Yes, it's true and it's AWESOME.









Have you ever been so in love with a particular shade of nail polish that you've found yourself saying, "Geeze, this color is so gorgeous I wish I could wear it as jewelry"? Well that's exactly what Tracey at GingerKittyDesigns thought too, but the only difference is that she actually had the drive and creativity to make it happen.

A few weeks ago I was introduced to Tracey and her amazing designs on Etsy.com. I knew we were kindred spirits when I took a look at her adorable MAC necklace pendants that are made from recycled MAC boxes, and then I saw the incredible work she's doing with nail polish.

Being a fellow nail polish junkie and member of many popular makeup boards, Tracey had amassed a rather impressive collection of popular and hard-to-find nail polishes (including the much-coveted OPI La Boheme). It occurred to her that she should combine her passion and talent as a jewelry maker with her passion for beauty (my kinda gal!).

One night she was painting her nails and started staring at the polish thinking, "I wish I had a necklace in this gorgeous color." That simple idea was the start of a long journey of trial and error which ultimately led to the GingerKittyDesigns Nail Polish Jewelry line. According to Tracey, this is the first jewelry line to ever be made with nail polish.

Tracey sent me two rings (very similar to the 2nd and 3rd pictures above) and I have to say that I'm having a hard time deciding which is my favorite. The magenta ring, made with one of my favorite Zoya Nail Polish colors, "Roxy", is simply stunning in the sunlight. Also, the blue ring or, as Tracey calls it, the "glitter fabulous" ring is so packed full of different colors and sparkles that it seems like you never see the same ring twice. Simply gorgeous. (I should add that these are very reasonably priced at $13 each for a handmade piece of jewelry.)

I absolutely love it when two worlds collide (in this case beauty and jewelry) because the results can be absolutely unique and mind-blowing, as is the case with GingerKittyDesigns.

So if you want to capture your favorite nail color and wear it as a piece of jewelry, take a look at Tracey's long and impressive list of nail colors here, and she'll be happy to work with you to create your own little masterpiece.

Up next: Tracey is currently working on a new collection of jewelry using MAC pigments. Whoo hoo! Can't wait to see that.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Very pretty pretty. I want to get one for my manicurist good idea huh? :-)

    Thanks.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charlotte! That is a great idea. These are so awesome (and even prettier in person). Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amber! I know, huh? I so want a pendant now that I have these rings but the only thing is, how can I ever choose a color? So many to pick from! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig