Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, May 21, 2009

You'll never guess what I just found at Big Lots...





Unfreakingbelievable. I was at Big Lots today and what do I find in the makeup aisle? The very same Sally Hansen lip product I was raving about here (and paid $8 for) a few weeks ago! The Big Lots price? Two bucks.

They've got so many of these (basically every single color in the range) I'm convinced that good ol' Miz Hansen has decided to discontinue these. Sally, you didn't give even give these lippies a fighting chance. They were out for what, a month, before you unleashed 4 or 5 other lip products onto the market?

Anyway, if you're looking for a nice matte, subtle lip color (something in the nude, pinky-brown, mauve or coral family) that won't dry out your lips and is fun to play with, get on over to Big Lots ASAP.

I purchased "Shantung" today because I was looking for an orange-ish lippie to wear with all of my new peach blushes (my new obsession). This is a definitely an orange lippie, but it's not neon orange. It's got a subtle shimmer and it reminds me of a toned down version of the iconic 1990's lipstick, Revlon Moon Drops "Orange Flip". I don't know if this was popular in your city but in San Diego in the mid-to-late 1980s, about one in every three girls wore this shade.

Anyway, the color is perfect for my needs and I just can't believe that I only had to pay $2 for it. Definitely look for these if you're a matte lippie fan because they're one of the least drying matte lip colors out there. Like I mentioned in my previous review, "Linen" is a super pretty beige-nude and "Satine" is a lovely pinky-peach-nude.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I got one of these at dollar tree! The color is a nude berry brown:)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig