Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, May 20, 2009

News about my Bargains of the Day & an update on my favorite Goody brush


First I'd like to say that I used to do a feature called "Bargain of the Day" on this blog. I haven't stopped this feature, but I also haven't been focused on bringing you a new bargain every single day and I'd like to tell you why.

While some other websites may bring you a "bargain" every single day, I strive to be as honest as possible in my reviews and it's been my experience that it's simply not realistic to give you a TRUE bargain every single day. If I wrote a "BOTD" post every day, I feel that it wouldn't be sincere. Can there really be a new and truly worthy beauty bargain every single day? It's true that I used to do this daily, but that was when I first started this blog. In that case, I really DID have enough bargains stored up in my beauty arsenal to provide you what I believe to be a true bargain, every day.

So that said, I am still posting about beauty bargains, and I still tag them with "Bargain of the Day" and "BOTD", but I may not do it every day. I will only call something a bargain if I believe it to be a TRUE bargain and I think you need to know about. So if you search by the tags "Bargain of the Day" or "BOTD", you will find what I believe to be real bargains. Simple!


Now let's get started on clarifying this Goody Brush issue. If you read this post a while back, I talked about my Holy Grail styling tool: The Goody Ouchless Quick Dry Vent Brush for Wet Hair. Now, I still LOVE this brush and I use it every day, but Goody seems to have changed their marketing strategy on these brushes and I think they've done away with the 3-step process for classifying their styling tools that I talked about it my earlier post.

Since I want you to be able to find these Ouchless Brushes with ease, I want to clarify exactly what type of brush this is:

As you can see from the picture above, the Ouchless brushes are special. They are designed with a hard shell and there are holes in the shell from which the bristles emerge. The magical part of this brush is inside the hard shell. There is a cushiony material inside the brush which is where the bristles are attached. If you press on the bristles, you can feel that they're cushioned and the cushion is fully encased within the hard shell. THIS is the technology that enables you to brush through wet hair with ease (I already confessed that sometimes I don't comb out my wet hair when I'm in a hurry and I brush right through it--the horror!). Your hair does not get caught up on the sponge because the sponge is hidden. Instead, your hair is rubbing against the smooth, flat surface of the hard shell. And because of this cushiony sponge core, the bristles have give, so there's no tugging, pulling or breakage.

This Ouchless brush is a miracle if you're like me. You no longer need to hold your hair at the root when you're working through a tangle. You can brush slowly from root to end and there is NO pain, even when you're brushing through a difficult tangle. I'm telling you, this brush is worth its weight in gold!

As you can see on their website, Goody now offers paddle brushes, vent brushes and round brushes with this new design. For the price (about $7 wherever Goody brushes are sold) I have yet to find a better brush for use on wet hair. This is a miracle product and I hope Goody never stops making these.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I have the paddle ouchless brush, and I absolutely love it. It is by far my favorite detangling brush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey T! We seem to have a lot in common, eh? :) I'm so glad you use and like the Ouchless brushes too. I was beginning to think I was crazy since I never hear anybody else talk about these yet they're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I definitely have to try it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Siluet! Yay!! If you get one, please leave a comment here and let me know what you think? I hope you love it and that it works for your hair as well as it works for mine. I seriously don't know how I ever used another brush before this one.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig