Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, May 13, 2016

Spotted: NEW Almay Age Essentials Collection (Foundation, Lip Treatment, and Concealer)

image credit: Samantha Ann for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Almay Age Essentials collection at Harmon

It's been a while since I was excited about a new release from Almay, but I'm pretty curious about this one. Thanks so much to reader Samantha Ann (Samantha Ann on YouTube) for sharing this pic of the new Almay Age Essentials collection, spotted at her local Harmon this week.

This collection includes the following:
  • Almay Age Essentials Makeup
  • Almay Age Essentials Concealer
  • Almay Age Essentials Lip Treatment

Here's a closer look:

image credit: Samantha Ann for Nouveau Cheap
Almay Age Essentials Makeup
"A foundation with built-in moisturizer and SPF 15"
(retail: around $14.99)

The new Age Essentials Makeup retails for $14.99 (Harmon/Bed Bath & Beyond always has competitive pricing, which is why it's $11.29 above). This is a 3-in-1 type of product. I found some press info online so here's the description from wwd.com:

...a foundation with built-in moisturizer and SPF 15...All [products in this line] have a combination of collagen, hyaluronic acid and peptides that help skin maintain a youthful look.

A closer look at the bottle:


And here's a press image from Reuters:


I enlarged this photo a bit for closer look at the foundation info:


It's hard to make out but there are nine shades in this range and the foundation provides "medium coverage". I'm super excited to see that Elaine Irwin is back with Almay for this campaign (she was always one of my favorites of the 90s supermodels).

Here's some more info from wwd.com:

Revlon’s Almay has re-signed Elaine Irwin, who will be the face of the brand’s Almay Age Essentials makeup line.The Almay Age Essentials collection will feature three new products — Makeup, a foundation with built-in moisturizer and SPF 15; Concealer, which targets dark spots, fine lines and includes SPF 20, and Lip Treatment with SPF 30 that aims to minimize the look of lines. In line with the rest of Almay’s products, the Age Essentials group is dermatologist-tested and fragrance-free. The group will retail for $12.99 to $14.99.

I enlarged and cropped Samantha Ann's pic a bit for closer look at the Concealer and Lip Treatment:

image credit: Samantha Ann for Nouveau Cheap
Almay Age Essentials Concealer
"Targets dark spots, fine lines and includes SPF 20"
(retail: around $12.99)

image credit: Samantha Ann for Nouveau Cheap
Almay Age Essentials Lip Treatment
"With SPF 30 that aims to minimize the look of lines"
(retail: around $12.99)

As always seems to be the case with Almay, I don't see any shades for deeper skintones here. That really bums me out and I wish that Almay would offer a more diverse shade range in their face cosmetics. I mean, their parent company Revlon has foundation shades for Women of Color, so why not Almay??

Aside from the sad shade range, what are your thoughts about this new collection? Will you be trying anything (if you can find a shade that works for you)? 

Thanks again, Samantha Ann, for the great sighting and pics!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. If there's a coupon or extrabucks I will definitely try that lip balm. I am obsessed with trying out lip products with SPF, because I have a lot of sun damage around my lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this yesterday at Walmart (in Canada) and they had a stack of $3.00 off coupons for anything in this new line. I got the lip balm and it's amazing and huge (7 grams of product)! It's the most moisturizing lip product I've ever tried and it does plump and minimize lines. I love that it has SPF.

      Delete
  2. These popped up at Bed, Bath and Beyond about two weeks ago and I still haven't purchased anything to try. The day I spotted them I was with my husband and I never buy makeup when I'm with him because he'll totally make a comment like, "do you really need *more* makeup?" I need to go back and grab the foundation at least though...I'm really interested to see how it is. I'm on the fence about trying the concealer though because stick formulas tend to be too dry for my under eye area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty pleased to see that they've brought back Elaine Irwin. The celeb spokespeople just don't work for me like models do. I remember her being part of Almay in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It bums me out also that they do not have shades for deeper skin tones, but it pleases my wallet because it means one less makeup company that I give my money too.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig