Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Spotted: NEW Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blushes, Highlighting Blushes, Bronzers and More

I don't know what it is, but I rarely get excited about new Neutrogena cosmetic launches these days. Skincare? Yes! But makeup? Not so much. And I know I'm not alone, based on the feedback I've received from some of you here on the blog. HOWEVER, I must admit that I'm pretty darned excited about these new face products (I'll explain a moment).

Thanks very much to reader @lizw217 on Instagram for this sighting. Liz found this new display at Walgreens this week and kindly shared lots of pics with us:

image credit: @lizw217 for Nouveau Cheap
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blushes and Healthy Skin Blends Translucent Oil-Control Powder, Sheer Highlighting Blush and Natural Radiance Bronzer

Keep reading for more pics and info...

Let's start with the blushes:

image credit: @lizw217 for Nouveau Cheap
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush in 10 Rosy

image credit: @lizw217 for Nouveau Cheap
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush in 20 Vibrant

image credit: @lizw217 for Nouveau Cheap
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush in 30 Flushed

Other new face products also in this display:

image credit: @lizw217 for Nouveau Cheap
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Translucent Oil-Control Powder in 10 Clean

image credit: @lizw217 for Nouveau Cheap
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Sheer Highlighting Blush in 20 Pure

image credit: @lizw217 for Nouveau Cheap
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Natural Radiance Bronzer in 30 Sunkissed

I know that most of these products look like they have a matte finish, but I can't confirm since sometimes there's a bit of hidden shimmer/sheen that you can only see in person.

So why am I particularly excited about this new collection? Well if you've been reading my blog for a really long time, then you might recall that I fell in love with the Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer Duos back when the first came out in 2010 (here's my old review with really bad pics if you want to see). Those duos are still kicking around at certain retailers these days, but they're almost completely discontinued, since just one shade is available on sites like Drugstore.com (and no shades at all on the Ulta site). 

So ANYWAY, if these are anything like the old Custom Glow duos, then we are really in for a treat. Those duos left my skin with the most lovely sheen (not a glitterbomb, just a lovely, healthy sheen), the colors were gorgeous and the staying power, even on my super oily skin, was amazing. I distinctly recall that I could get a full eight hours or more of wear with the blushes, without a need for touch-ups. So yeah, if these new products are anything like the old ones, I'M IN. The only catch? The old duos were $12.99, and that was back in 2010. So I'm guessing these will be at least $12.99, but probably more. I'll definitely be waiting for a sale before I make a purchase.

Have you spotted this display in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so much, @lizw217, for the great sighting and pics!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. These were around $9 at my Walgreens. I wanted to pick one up but there was a huge sticker over the ingredient list so I couldn't read it which put me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg thank you!! I was fearing they might be $14.99! Whew! :)

      Delete
    2. i hate when 'they' do that. the le 'dolce' milani xl bronzer had a giant security sticker on it. the kind that when you try to peel it off, it comes off in tiny strips, if you're lucky to get any off.

      Delete
  2. Saw these at Wagreens today, Modesto CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Looks like it's a Walgreens thing...for now!

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Looks like it's a Walgreens thing...for now!

      Delete
  3. I've been seeing these at Bed Bath and Beyond. They're probably going to be available everywhere, just very slowly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it feels like I haven't heard anything new about Neutrogena anywhere till now! I hope they wear well and are pigmented, because their packaging is always so plain :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I JUST bought Flushed and Rosy and they're actually pretty nice! I'm usually very unimpressed by Neutrogena stuff. Rosy is a little crumbly, but it's soft and has a glowy, satin finish. Flushed is very bright and has a satin matte finish. I found mine at Walgreens as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone know if Flushed would be a worthy neon-pink dupe for the LE Nars Christopher Kane blush? All I want is a hot neon pink blush, but at $30... I'm trying to find a worthy drugstore option to try it out first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flushed is more of a bright coral pink. More pink than coral, but still not the same as the Nars one looks in swatches.

      Delete
  7. Seems like a small thing but I think I don't get excited about Neutragena (or Almay for that matter) because their packaging is boring. It doesn't draw me in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now days drugstore is coming up with soo many new things..my poor wallet..its soo hard to resist.. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig