Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 10, 2014

Spotted: NEW Maybelline Spring 2014 Limited Edition Deep Velvets Color Plush Eyeshadow Quads

Remember last month when I showed you the new Maybelline Limited Edition Mega Plush Deep Vevlets Colored Mascaras? Well did you know that there's a larger display now popping up in stores that also contains new Limited Edition Color Plush Quads? Yep! Many thanks to longtime reader Kratrina of All The Beautiful Colors for this one. Kratrina spotted this display at Bed Bath & Beyond this weekend and was nice enough to share pics (and even some swatches) with us. Take a look!

NOTE: For a closer look at the Deep Velvets Colored Mascaras in this collection, please click here.

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Maybelline Spring 2014 Deep Velvets Collection

In addition to the mascaras and quads, there are also three Lasting Drama gel liners in this display, but I cannot confirm the shades at this time.

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Color Plush Quad in Covetable Cobalt

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Color Plush Quad in Plum Passion

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Color Plush Quad in Enticing Emerald

Kratrina purchased the quad in Plum Passion and shared additional pics:

 image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap

Kratrina said that she absolutely loves this quad. She said that the eyeshadows are creamy and smooth, with a great texture, and that even though all of the shades contain a lot of glitter, she didn't notice a lot of fallout. Look at all the multi-colored glitter in that dark purple shade--very pretty.

 image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap

Again, for a closer look at the colored mascaras in this collection, please click here

I would expect that this new display should be popping up at other retailers within the next few weeks. Have you spotted this collection in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks again, Kratrina, for the great sighting, pics and swatches. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. A couple of these look like a couple of older limited edition Eyestudio quads I've got. Covetable Cobalt resembles Violet Volt and Enticing Emerald is exactly like Sea Sprite. Just wanted to mention this in case anyone else has those same older LE versions so they don't end up with what appear to be duplicates. I hope this helps someone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if my pic is showing it right, but in person Covetable Cobalt seemed to lean a lot more blue than Violet Volt for me. I'm looking at Violet Volt (500) in my stash, unless there is a different Violet Volt? The darkest shade in Cobalt seemed more akin to the darkest shade in Striking Blue (600) to me, anyway.

      Delete
  2. I don't know if the regular line has these, but the gel liners are in blue, purple, and green as well. The purple is different than the purple that is in the regular line. Hope everyone can find these, they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cartwheel time! WOOHOO! I love the eyeliners and was hoping you would say they have some new colors. I'll be looking for these. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Pretty swatches! I'd love to see you model the fluffy brush mascara look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More LE quads?!? I'm still trying to find the Spring ones! These look really pretty, the purple quad will be mine (if I can find it). Thanks again for the heads up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Violet Volt is different, the dark color is much more warm and the first two are much more silver, especially the second color. https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0GlNQ6oeTVgOpKIlZYhs7IC1ZQ0fJSi3obUOVmjSnkgFib5G-qQ Sea Sprite is closer but also different, the third color is very teal/aqua in Sea Sprite and the first color is much cooler.. hard to tell without a swatch but it looks like the fourth color in the new quad might be a matte.. the one in Sea Sprite is very glittery. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r9fRlBiL-bc/UDf21Y9A-rI/AAAAAAAAIag/4kaPCwsIgeM/s640/IMG_1765.JPG I'm seeing a green liner, which is definitely new. Really wishing they would release one in the Master Drama line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did have a limited edition one some time ago, it was called Forest, they also had a blue called Sapphire, and a different brown but I'm drawing a blank on the name of that one. I still see these floating around in with the permanent colors at different Walmarts so you might want to check when you are at one.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow I have walked by this display TWICE at my Meijer and didn't even realize it. I thought it was filled with existing products. Heh. Nothing called out to me. But I am interested in the mascara because before I found my existing fave, Mega Plush was one of my favorites and colored mascaras are just too fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing, saw these and didn't even take a 2nd glance!

      Delete
  7. I wish I could bring myself to like the quads, but every color is shimmery/glittery, and at least ONE matte in each quad would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the first picture it seems there will be blue and purple gel eyeliner! I'm pretty curious about those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll definitely be checking out the green and purple quads and liners, IF they ever come to my area! I'm still waiting on that nude collection... *sigh* That's the only bad thing about living in the South.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this display at Walgreen's today, but all the quads were ones from the permanent line.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this display today and picked up the quads but they were different from the ones pictured here. I dont kno if they are from the permanent line the packaging just reads new on it.. I got sapphire siren, smokey night, and copper chic.. I have to find these tho..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were the same quads in the display I saw... I believe they're from the permanent line, as I've seen them before.

      Delete
  12. OMG OMG OMG! I MUST HAVE THESE! Thank you for the comment about the actual shade names. I thought they could be LE ones I already have, but now I know they aren't. YES!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just bought the green and purple gel liners. I already have the maybelline eggplant liner and it is exactly the same as the purple velvet liner in the limited edition line, so disappointing! The emerald color is a really pretty dark green with blue hints

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig