Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, February 22, 2014

(UPDATED) Spotted: NEW Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Deep Velvets Collection (colored mascaras)

Updated 2/23/14 with additional photos and information.

We've seen colored mascaras from Maybelline before (The Colossal Smoky Eyes Mascaras and the seasonal Great Lash Mascaras) but this is a first! Readers Jacinda and Erin just spotted a new colored mascara collection in the Mega Plush formula and were nice enough to share some pics. Take a look!

image credit: Erin for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Deep Velvets Mascara Collection
(three shades)

Reader Erin just spotted the full display at Walgreens last night and kindly shared these pics with us. There are three shades in this collection and nowhere on the display (nor on the packaging) does it indicate that these are limited edition.

 image credit: Erin for Nouveau Cheap

Notice that the display calls these "multi-tonal." I think the image above illustrates all three shades in this collection, but the "multi-tonal" description probably refers to there being various tones of blue in the blue mascara, various tones of purple in the purple mascara, etc.

image credit: Erin for Nouveau Cheap 
Emerald Velvet

image credit: Erin for Nouveau Cheap
 Purple Velvet

image credit: Erin for Nouveau Cheap
Navy Velvet

Reader Jacinda, who was the first to bring these to my attention, purchased the Navy Velvet shade (she found these at her local Walmart Neighborhood Market) and was nice enough to share pics:

image credit: Jacinda for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Deep Velvets Mascara in Navy Velvet

image credit: Jacinda for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Jacinda for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Jacinda for Nouveau Cheap

The original Mega Plush formula wasn't a good match for me (see my review here) but I know that many of you like this particular formula. If you're a Mega Plush lover, are you excited to see these new colored versions?

Thanks so much, Jacinda and Erin, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I would love to find a colored mascara that really thickens my lashes and doesn't just coat them with a color. So many do that and it doesn't show up at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you tried the l'oreal voluminous color mascara? i love them! the blue is gorgeous and the turquoise is really nice too!!

      Delete
  2. In terms of formula, the Mega Plush doesn't sound like a good fit for me, but this colored line looks fun! Maybe I might try one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't ever had any luck with colored mascara, all of them that I have tried don't really show up as bright as I would like.... Even if I use a primer for my lashes! I want a colored mascara that people will noticed that don't have to be right up on me in order to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get to try any of the color great lash when they came out, so this would be great to try if I find it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picked these up tonight in Emerald Velvet and Purple Velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep -- I am one of those that love the Mega Plush formula! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I know this has nothing to do with the Mega Plush mascara, but I wanted to share what I saw the other day when I was out and about. Has anyone else seen the new products from Hard Candy at Walmart? There are some new ombré single eyeshadows ( there six or so) then there are ombré lipsticks (there are six of those) then they have new colored eyeliners in four shades, and an eye shadow primer, then there is four or five mascaras and two new jumbo eyeshadow pencils in sliver and gold! I didn't have my phone with me in Walmart when I saw the new products G , I am sorry :(. I just wanted to give you and everyone a heads up on the new Hard Candy line at Walmart... I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for this, Miranda!! I'm working on a post about the new HC stuff and I will include all of your extremely helpful info! :)

      Delete
  8. The Mega Plush is the only formula, either drugstore or high end, that gives my stick straight lashes the definition I want while holding a curl. Having said that, though, I'm not one for colored mascaras. If I got a freebie, I might try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girlie!! I was SO happy to see your comment come through! I feel like I haven't seen you around here in forever and I just wanted to say welcome back! *hugs*

      Delete
  9. I wish they would make colored mascaras in good formulas! Mega plush sucks lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also this has nothing to do with this but have you reviewed the nyx gel liner and smudger?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhh... definately swinging by CVS tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wouldn't it be wonderful if theses actually translate on the lashes?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to try colored mascara but I need something to hold my curl so probably won't be this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just don't understand why anyone would want colored lashes for everyday looks?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I want Emerald Velvet. I tend to use colored mascaras on my lower lashes only, or layered with black (I only wear w/p mascara). I actually do like Mega Plush. It definitely does not live up to it's claims, but I like the definition I get. I wear it on days that I don't want to look like I'm wearing any makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As far as colored mascara, I tried Rimmel London Extra Pop Lash Colored Mascara.
    I purchased 004 Pop Turquoise & 006 Pop Purple. I got good results as far
    as the color showing up on my lashes. You could tell I was wearing colored mascara.
    I purchased them a couple of months ago at K-mart. I think some colors were also spotted a Big Lots.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig