Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Swatches: OPI Nail Lacquer in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone (From the Spring/Summer 2014 Brazil Collection)

When I saw Carolina's beautiful swatches of the OPI Brazil Collection back in February, I was impressed by how many beautiful cremes there were in the collection, although nothing jumped out at me as a "gotta have it" shade. I already have so many cremes, and none of the shades in the Brazil Collection looked super unique, compared to my existing stash.

But when I saw this collection at a local beauty supply store last week, there was something about Next Stop...Bikini Zone (the only non-creme in the collection) that totally drew me in. Some may call this shade a watered-down version of Zoya Adina, but if you go into it thinking that it's just a very pretty purple, you won't be let down by the weak color-shift. Keep reading to see what I mean...

 OPI Next Stop...The Bikini Zone
(retail: around $9, 0.5 oz)



Three coats, no top coat:






As you can see, there is a duochrome effect to this polish, but it's subtle. The color shifts from a lavender-purple to a greenish-gray. To me, this is like a sparkly version of Wet n Wild Gray's Anatomy. if that makes sense!

Whenever I go for long stretches without wearing an OPI polish, I am reminded, when I do wear one, of why this brand is so popular. I love holding the cap, I love the flat, wide brush, and the formula of this polish is perfection. It's so easy to apply, although it is quite sheer on the first coat. You could probably get away with just two coats, but I applied a third because that made it perfectly opaque. Dry time was good on all three coats.

FINAL VERDICT: If you don't go into it hoping for a dramatic duochrome effect, and you're just looking for a complex lavender/purple polish to add to your collection, I think this would be a beautiful choice. I actually like that there's not a very strong color-shift to this one, because it makes a bit more versatile and it could even be work-friendly. But if you're wild about duochromes and you love yours strong and dramatic, this one's probably not for you.

Do you own any shades from the OPI Brazil Collection? I'd love to hear from you!

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I wore this one last week and just loved looking at my nails. I put a coat of the new Nicole by Opi polish with all the diamonds and it looked so amazing!

    Your swatches are very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw Carolina's swatches- I really like the look of OPI Scores A Goal! and I São Paolo Over There- they must be mine... =D Thank you, G!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks a lot like the Katy Perry OPI polish "Not Like the Movies" that was released a while back. I saw this post on my dash and I was like didn't that polish come out years ago?? Either way, this one looks more purple, and is still super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing about the polish looked like Not Like the Movie which I already own.

      Delete
    2. I thought this as well, so I searched for a comparison. The blog LacqLustre has a good comparison that shows that they are very similar, but Not Like the Movies has some green to it. So yes, Next Stop...The Bikini Zone is more purple. Most people won't need both, but polish addicts might. OPI Stainless Steel is exactly like Not Like the Movies. Peace, Love, and OPI looks darker, according to swatches on the blog i'mabeautygeek. Of course, Not Like the Movies looks quite a bit darker in those swatches, too.

      Delete
  4. LIke you, none of the cremes in the Brazil collection struck me as anything I didn't already have in my collection. I do like the color shift in NStBZ, but there's something about it that I don't care for. It looks a little muddled or metallic to me, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I'm sure your readers enjoy the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really pretty, and I love duochromes, but I just can't get excited about this color. I plan to get the green, the yellow, and the two corals from this collection though. Boring, I know, but I really love brights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yellow "I Just Can't Cope-acabana" is absolutely stunning! Its my favorite yellow EVER! It just screams "SUMMER"!!!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the mention, I'm glad you like my swatches. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig