Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, February 15, 2014

The L'Oreal Collection Privée Lipsticks have landed in the US

Remember back in December when I posted the sighting of the L'Oreal Collection Privée Nail Colors? I'm not going to rehash the whole back-story about Collection Privée here again (you can click here to catch up of you have no idea what I'm talking about) but the bottom line is that I didn't think the lipsticks in this collection were ever coming to the US (they've been in Canada and parts of Europe for a while now). Why? Well because we already have the L'Oreal Star Secrets Lipsticks here in the US, and they seem to be in the same vein as the Collection Privée Lipsticks.

But guess what? My pal Emi of Project Swatch spotted the Collection Privée LIPSTICKS at Rite Aid this weekend. So we DO get them after all! Check it out:

image credit: Project-Swatch.com for Nouveau Cheap
L'Oreal Collection Privée Nail Colors and Lipsticks at Rite Aid
(retail: $5.99 - $8.99 each)

I don't know how close these shades are to the existing Star Secrets shades, and I also don't know how they might differ from the Canadian and European Collection Privée lipsticks (I know that the Canadian shades are a bit different from the European shades). We might have some of the same shades that are available in Canada and/or Europe, but we might also have some US-exclusive shades. I have no idea and, frankly, this whole collection has been confusing me for months now. But the bottom line: Collection Privée Lipsticks are here in the US now, and I never thought we'd see them. So yay!

Have you spotted this collection in your area yet? Are you happy to see these lipsticks here in the US?

Thanks so much, Emi, for the great sighting and pic. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Yes I got 3 shades last week from riute aide in ny... I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-Oh, Gonna have to obsess about these now. I was disappointed in the Maybelline nudes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which Rite aid in NY? I would love to find this collection and I am in NY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only spotted the nail polish display in the Rite Aids I live near...and I'm in southern Queens. I haven't been searching much, though, with the weather we've been having, so here's to hoping these same Rite Aids pick up the display soon.

      Delete
    2. I went to Rite Aide today and found the nail polish display you are talking about. Was so sad to not see the one with the lipsticks, so I went to get cough drops before deciding to leave the store. As I was walking to the register, I saw a separate display with polishes AND lipsticks in it! So I'll bet they are in your Rite Aide! Hope this helps!

      Delete
    3. I just checked the 3rd Rite Aid in my area today and they had the full display - though it was really hard to figure out which one I wanted. I picked Julianne's Nude and I'm hoping it was the best choice because I prefer other lipsticks over L'Oreal's and didn't want to purchase more than one (they even had BOGO50%).

      Delete
    4. Glad you found it! I picked Julianne's Nude too. :) I agree that L'Oreal's lipstick formula isn't the best out there.

      Delete
  4. Dana Dark I was disappointed with the Maybelline Nudes too. Bought 2 and 2 are going back. I only got about an hour of wear before reapplying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had Eva, Doutzen, Freida and JLo in Canada. I spy Julianne and some others I can't read. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found them at BB&B yesterday. I bought Julianne's Nude. I used a 20% off coupon. They take their coupons after they are expired, just to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm usually up to date with the trends!! How'd I miss this line?!! Ugh anyone kno if they are still in stores? I'm sad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just bought a few at a Target today.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig