Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New CoverGirl Lip Perfection and Outlast Stay Brilliant shades for 2014

I want to start out by thanking everyone who took the time to tag me and give me a heads-up about these new CoverGirl lip and nail shades over the past few weeks. I have tried my best to compile this info into this post and, to be honest, I think I'm more confused now than I was when I started this task!

First of all, let me refresh your memory and direct you to the post I did back in November, which included pics of the display that promotes the new CoverGirl Bombshell Mascara, Eyeliner and Cream Shadows, as well as some new shades of jumbo gloss balms and polishes. You can see what that display looks like here. And you can get a better look at the new cream shadow here.

There are now at least two other displays hitting drugstores and it's hard to tell, because I haven't seen these displays myself and don't know all of the shade names in each display, if some of these new shades are being promoted across all of the new displays. I THINK that some of these new-for-2014 shades are in each of the three new CoverGirl displays, but some could be unique to a particular display. I'm not even going to attempt to tell you what's unique to each display, because I really don't know!

The good news is, these all appear to be new PERMANENT shade additions, so you shouldn't have to wait too long to see them all in your area (if you haven't seen them already).

That said, here we go!

image credit: Alyssa for Nouveau Cheap
CoverGirl Pastelicious Collection

Reader Alyssa spotted this display last week at her local Giant Eagle and was nice enough to share this pic. These are new pastel Jumbo Gloss Balm, Lip Perfection Lipstick and Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Polish shades that CoverGirl has added to their permanent lineup.

image credit: Katie for Nouveau Cheap
NEW CoverGirl Pastelicious Collection

The pic above was submitted by reader Katie of Total Polish Junkie, who spotted this display at her local CVS recently.

I've seen several pics on Instagram of the Pastelicious display recently, and in some pics the lipstick shades look more orange and nude, and there appears to be a muted lavender shade as well (which you can see in Katie's pic above). But I know that everyone's cameras are different and lighting varies from store to store, so I don't know just how muted these shades are.

image credit: Gabby for Nouveau Cheap
CoverGirl new product display at CVS

And last but not least, reader Gabby spotted this combo display at CVS during the holidays (as evidenced by her super cute holiday mani, which you'll see in a moment!). This display appears to feature all of the new lipsticks shades and I believe all, if not most, of the new polish shades as well. But it does not seem to feature the new jumbo lip pencil shades (but of course the new Bombshell products are in this display).

Gabby also shared bottle shots of all of the new polish shade with us:

image credit: Gabby for Nouveau Cheap
 Goldilocks 

image credit: Gabby for Nouveau Cheap
 Bon Bon

image credit: Gabby for Nouveau Cheap
 Bombshell 

image credit: Gabby for Nouveau Cheap
 Salt Water Taffy

image credit: Gabby for Nouveau Cheap 
Skylight 

image credit: Gabby for Nouveau Cheap 
Sapphire Flare

image credit: Gabby for Nouveau Cheap
 Showstopper

image credit: Gabby for Nouveau Cheap 
Give 'Em The Greenlight

image credit: Gabby for Nouveau Cheap 
Diva After Dark

Once again, I believe that some of these new polish, lipstick and jumbo lip pencil shades for 2014 can be found in all of the new CoverGirl displays now popping up in stores, but some shades might be unique to a specific display. The good news is that these all seem to be new PERMANENT shade additions to the CoverGirl lineup, so it will only be a matter of time before all of these new shades are in the permanent CoverGirl display in your area.

Thanks so much to readers Alyssa, Katie and Gabby for these pics and details, and thanks to everyone who took the time to share info via social media. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I saw the pastel display with Pink at Walgreens a week ago, so I bought the 3 lipsticks because they were on sale for $6.99. I have seen the display with the bombshell cream shadows, mascara & eyeliner but not the one pictured with the nailpolish. Thanks for the pics of the nail polishes. I hope I see it soon I saw some pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also if anyone is interested. I found a display of Covergirl Queen collection at CVS on Saturday. It contained 4 new eyeshadow pot singles, as well as a few new jumbo lip balms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is confusing indeed, because I saw the Bombshell display at Wags but it only had 3 nail polishes: Bombshell, Showstopper and Diva After Dark.
    I'd like to find those other polishes that Gabby took pics of. I'll be on the lookout for those colors next time I go to Wags. Thanks for letting us know there are new colors...I want Salt Water Taffy & Skylight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone else see "Pastelicious" and think "Pastalicious"? Or "Paste-licious"... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the Bombshell mascara and three new nail colors at Wegmans, last week. The Bombshell nail polish immediately went on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this at my local Walgreens and picked up the lipstick in Delicious and it is more beautiful rosey pink color. I going to pick up a couple of backups :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack. If I knew about this post earlier, I could have logged onto our database to see if this stuff was permanent before I left work today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Sapphire Flare a shimmer polish? I was hoping it's a creme. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig