Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 12, 2013

Spotted: New NYC mascaras, eyeliners and eyeshadow palettes

It's that time of year, folks! The products that are on clearance at the drugstores right now are moving out, and the NEW products that are taking their places are now starting to make their debut in stores. Here are some new things that you can expect to find soon from NYC! Thanks to reader Yamile, who spotted this display at Kmart this week, for these pics. Take a look!

image credit: Yamile for Nouveau Cheap
New-for-2014 NYC eye cosmetics at Kmart

First and foremost, look what we have here:

image credit: Yamile for Nouveau Cheap
NEW shades of NYC Eyeliner Duets
(retail: $1.99 each)

New Eyeliner Duets, and one of the shades is a NUDE! Since Coty owns Rimmel and NYC, I'm wondering if this might be comparable to the much-loved Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude (which is perpetually out of stock everywhere I go). I finally got the Rimmel liner just a week ago at Target (yay!) but now I must try this one too.

image credit: Yamile for Nouveau Cheap 
NEW Big Bold Volume and City Proof Mascaras
($4.99 each)

Alright, so you know that the original NYC Big Bold Mascara is in my top five mascaras of all time (here's my review), and you also know that I live for volumizing mascaras. If this new Big Bold Volume Mascara gives me even more volume than the original Big Bold, I might cry tears of joy and wonder how that's even possible. For the record, I also like the Big Bold Curl Mascara, but I find the brush a little awkward, and I actually think that the original Big Bold gives more curl to my lashes than the Curl formula (I was meaning to review it...sorry about that!).

Moving on, there's also ANOTHER new mascara, called City Proof in this display. I'm curious about this one--the claims seem a bit vague. "Buildable" doesn't really tell us much, right?

image credit: Yamile for Nouveau Cheap
 NEW Show Time eyeliners and IndividualEyes palettes
(retail: $1.99 and $4.99)

It looks like we've got some new Show Time liners, and these don't look like the other Show Time liners from NYC, which are glitter liners. The packaging says that these are "velvety eyeliners" and the shades are Black Wine, Black Velvet and Black Brown There are also two new IndividualEyes palettes: one for Green Eyes and one for Brown Eyes.

Have you spotted these new eye cosmetics from NYC in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so much, Yamile, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ooo, these look great! Hmm, I'm gonna have to to try the bold mascara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The velvety eyeliners are great, shimmery eyepencils but with a matt (velvet) finish! You should look for swatches on European blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been too impressed by NYC shadows or pencils and think I'll wait for a few reviews before I get too excited by these new products. It sure would be nice to have some more drugstore products giving high end a run for it's money though. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig