Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 7.8.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week 

What’s your current favorite lip balm? 

G's answer: Considering that I own 1,572 lip balms (not really, but I do own quite a few) this is challenging to answer. But since the question is about my current fave, I'm going to go with the one I reach for in my purse the most: Nivea Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon, which I originally reviewed here. I love the color (it's opaque green but goes on clear), the fragrance and the flavor so much. And I want to tell those of you who commented that this balm tastes like jasmine tea: you are SO right! I didn't make that connection until you mentioned it but I can totally see it now. Such a great, refreshing scent/flavor for summertime.

Links of the Week

Gouldylox Reviews - Scared to try hair and face oils for fear of being oily? Don't be! Here's a guide to my favorite oils!

Lipglossiping - blames it on everything but the boogie when she reviews the Limited Edition The Rich is Back! kit from Benefit.

My Beauty Bunny - Beauty bloggers are buzzing about the latest science-based treatment from FutureDerm. Here’s your chance to instantly win a deluxe sample of their game-changing, skin-saving Vitamin CE Caffeic Serum!

Nouveau Cheap - Did ya hear that those fab Wet n Wild 8-pan palettes from Spring 2013 have been re-released? Yep, you’ve got a second chance to grab ‘em.

Pink Sith - received the newest CHANEL Gri-Gri eyeshadow as a gift from a loverly blogger friend. Therefore she shall spare her life and not consume her still beating heart in front of her because that's what friends do for each other.

Prime Beauty - is revved up and ready to put the pedal to the metal with the new bareMinerals Power Neutrals Collection!

Phyrra - gives you 22 New Reasons to Fall in Love With Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks.

Vampy Varnish - Loves the new Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks and is positive you will find many you love as well!

we heart this - brings you a bevy of bronzing beauties from bareMinerals, babe!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Well as a treat, I love FRESH rose lip balm, for everyday, I love caramex (idk y but the scent is addictive!!) and I'm also very fond of my nivea "a kiss of cherry"
    Hinestly, I don't think I'll be spending $22 anymore on fresh rose after finding nivea cherry- is so comparable !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to go with two.. if I'm wearing lipstick its Chapstick in Cake Batter.. extremely yummy and does not break down my lipstick (or melt in the car which is a major plus). If I've got bare lips it's Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla and Macadamia Kiss, tastes exactly like french vanilla ice cream and lasts a long time. It comes in a tin but the package is so shallow you can just rub it on your lips instead of sticking your fingers in if you want. I do have to give an honorable mention to the Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose Kiss which is just as delicious. While I'm here I should mention Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment which is the absolute best for dry or chapped lips and is a must have if you wear long wear lip products like I do. I put it on every night when I remove my makeup and my lips stay in perfect condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my current and always-favorite is Blistex Herbal Answer lip balm. It is getting harder and harder to find, so the last time I saw it in-store (at our local commissary) I bought a dozen.

    Perfectly level of moisture (feels slightly thick in a protective, rich and soft kind of way, if that makes sense), not waxy, and tastes like limes.

    I have one stashed everywhere, and I just might cry when I can't find them for sale anywhere. They are most likely either DC'd or phasing out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My current favorites are Chapstick Red Velvet Cupcake and Nivea Vanilla Macadamia Nut. I'm also loving my MIlani HD Advanced Lip Color in Raspberry Rush. I picked it up at Dollar Tree after checking out your review.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm LOVING Tokyo Dark Milk in Clove Cigarette. Sounds weird, I know, but is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a tough one, because I am a lip balm fiend -- especially tinted lip balms. I do love those NYX Color Lip Balms, this etsy brand called Epically Epic Soap (with a fabulous Red Velvet Cake balm), and the Maybelline Baby Lips, especially the newer ones, are favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loreal color Riche balm in legally regal and baby lips electro! Still on the hunt for pink shock...it's always sold out at the stores I go to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The balms that have been getting most use lately are, in no special order: -Pangea Organics in Italian Red Mandarin with Rose (this one is almost jumbo size) -Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus (I love this scent and line soo much I got the body wash and co-wash for hair, as well as the hand creme and facial serum) -Mad Gabs Wildly Natural in Lavender Vanilla (nice for bedtime, or anytime really) -Love & Toast in Green Tea & Mint -Badger Creamy Cocoa -Yes To Blueberries Age Refresh Line Reducing Lip Treatment -Caswell Massey Almond & Aloe (smells delicious, very cherry/almond and very moisturizing) and Kiss My Face in either Cranberry Orange (tarty and tangy) or Sliced Peach, both contain spf15 so I like those if I'm spending time outdoors before 4pm.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig