Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 7.22.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week

Do you own any beauty products that you “covet” but never (or rarely) use?

G's answer: I try really hard to actually use the products I love, but I do admit that there are a few items I covet and never use. For instance, I just can't convince myself to open that two-pack of Revlon Street Wear polishes that I bought years ago. I don't know why, but I sort of want to keep them untouched (I miss the Street Wear line so much!). I also covet my bottle of Kors by Michael Kors, which is now discontinued (I bought it when it first launched in 2002). It smells like red wine and roses and I don't want to use it up--I just want to be able to keep smelling it for years!

Links of the Week

Gouldylox Reviews - has found a mascara that gives long, lush lashes that no summer fling can resist!

Lipglossiping - questions the merits of gold in Orogold 24K Deep Peeling. Gold-laden genius or cosmetic quackery?

My Beauty Bunny - Doing a little beauty shopping this weekend? Find out what eyeshadow is best for your eye color and shape to help make the decisions easier!

Nouveau Cheap - Looking for a nice drugstore alternative to Clinique Black Honey that will only set you back five bucks? Check this out.

Pink Sith - Takes you on a journey though a rose garden in the middle of a hot summer day with Seth Kornegay Eau de Parfum in Orla .

Prime Beauty - is keeping her summer shine at bay with BECCA Blotting Powder Perfector--you're going to love it!

Phyrra - shares her favorite Purple Nail Polish for Makeup Wars!

Vampy Varnish - takes you on a personalized tour of San Francisco with the new OPI San Francisco Collection for Fall/Winter 2013.

we heart this - have you seen the mermaid-esque summer Aqua launches from MAKE UP FOR EVER?

Beauty Junkies Unite - Ladies, please don't miss this review & swatches of the upcoming OPI San Francisco Collection for Fall/Winter 2013. You just might be surprised by how many shades you love!

Clumps of Mascara - Can a piece of cloth replace your makeup remover? Hmmm...find out if The Wonder Cloth is really as wonderful as they say.

EauMG - Let’s travel to Bali with The Scent of Departure. Fans of “beachy” scents are going to love this affordable fragrance!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I have a half bottle left of my husbands favorite perfume. It's been discontinued so I'm quite particular about when I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of want to hoard things I love and fear I won't be able to find again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably the Kat von D Tattoo Chronicles palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My LE MAC MSF's that I haven't found good dupes for, because with them you never know whether they'll ever be re-released or not and I felt lucky to have snagged some of them in the first place. Also two UD Face Cases when they still made them. , Furthermore, I kept the original UD Gash lipgunk and lipstick and carried them around with me for years ( even after they turned ) hoping I would find dupes every time I went shopping with little success. I don't think the new version even comes close to how awesome the originals were, unfortunately, and they are way too pricey for how little I wear vavoom -red lips anyway nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Butter London and Deborah Lippmann nail polishes. I don't know why. I have hundreds of bottles of nail polish. It doesn't make any sense.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig